Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65

Author Topic: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)  (Read 128774 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2010, 10:07:08 pm »

Honestly every Matrix game i have ever seen has sucked pretty hardcore, but DW if support keeps up will be the first to bring a smile to my face.

Yeah I have put off playing it until they patch it up some. I don't care what they say, the state it was released in was pretty pitiful. Still, with the support it is getting and possible future expansions I think it has a LOT of potential.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:35 pm »

next patch definately looks much better.

the start up time of the game, then the time to get into a game either save or new, is ridiculous though.

same with save time. crazy.

but gameplay is missing things but this patch is gonna fix quite a few of my worst issues. maybe 4 or 5 patches realistically will make the game a favorite for me.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2010, 10:30:26 pm »

One of the listed patched items is a memory optimization which should affect save/load/startup times.

Though really, load time is a nonissue as its a one-time thing. Once you start the game the loading is done. And I can understand it with the amount of data this game must be juggling.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2010, 11:30:39 pm »

Other thing they should add is the option to filter icons on galaxy map.

Anyone who got more than 20 colonies and pressed "end" on their keyboards MUST have thought about this.
Being able to see each freighter in the galaxy map only gets you confused and lost when you're at war..

And my I quote:
but gameplay is missing things but this patch is gonna fix quite a few of my worst issues. maybe 4 or 5 patches realistically will make the game a favorite for me.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:22 pm »

Other thing they should add is the option to filter icons on galaxy map.

Anyone who got more than 20 colonies and pressed "end" on their keyboards MUST have thought about this.
Being able to see each freighter in the galaxy map only gets you confused and lost when you're at war..
Actually that is one of the things on the list that they are working on implementing as soon as possible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2010, 12:05:58 am »

I can't wait for those fixes. I'm still loving the game, but it needs a few more patches to smooth out some of the interface issues. Among other things.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2010, 10:51:41 am »

Does anyone notice how the graphics (planets, ships, etc) look really low-rez when zoomed in all the way?  They are just washed out and fuzzy, like I'm zoomed into a bitmap in MS Paint.

Also, how do you disable the pop-up confirmation windows?  I had heard you could set the game on auto-pilot and never have to touch it, but that's not true since you're constantly getting offers from pirates every 10 minutes that you have to attend to to keep the game going.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2010, 05:52:25 pm »

Does anyone notice how the graphics (planets, ships, etc) look really low-rez when zoomed in all the way?  They are just washed out and fuzzy, like I'm zoomed into a bitmap in MS Paint.

Also, how do you disable the pop-up confirmation windows?  I had heard you could set the game on auto-pilot and never have to touch it, but that's not true since you're constantly getting offers from pirates every 10 minutes that you have to attend to to keep the game going.
Diplomatic offers and ruin exploration/abandoned ship investigation are always in the player's hands. You cannot just set the game to run and walk away. You can, however, do very very little and let the AI take care of most things.

If you'd like a fill 'hands off' mode go to their forum and put it in the wishlist.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2010, 01:06:46 am »

the official 1.0.3 update is out. they added a couple more things in since beta
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2432195

I dont know why, but i just love this game. I normally get bored so much faster, but somehow this one keesp pulling me in. I still havent finished a game, the late game gets a bit rough right now. I am looking forward to the future updates which should really help the late game confusion (map filter for one)

I got nothing

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:12 am »

That calls for another go at it now that these bugs are fixed.

Also:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2010, 01:16:36 am »

That calls for another go at it now that these bugs are fixed.

Also:
Are you sure? War weariness from prolonged wars is very powerful and could cause parts of your empire to split off and declare independence.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2010, 01:21:39 am »

Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2010, 01:46:04 am »

How many races do you have in your empire? You get additional happiness penalties any time you're at war with a race your empire contains.

It stacks up pretty brutal.

Then again if you're that far into endgame aye you'll probably survive a full galaxy war, just it can be very rough

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2010, 02:02:13 am »

I have lots of races, But not humans, I found a colony ship filled with them, but it disappeared :(, I blame it on the colonization AI. ::)

I really wish I had humans, oh well...

And the fact that everyone is already in conflict, makes it more easy for me to mash them down one at a time. ;D

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2010, 11:47:29 am »

youll get like epic revolts as soon as all out war is declared.

made me so unhappy when my empire ... double civil warred.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65