Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65

Author Topic: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)  (Read 128773 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2010, 10:23:19 pm »

In my current game I'm fairly wealthy so I've designed a cheap little minimally-armed sensor bouy which I've taken to building in a dispersed pattern around my empire's borders. It has enough firepower to deter pirates and long range sensors let me see other empire's ships at quite a distance.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2010, 01:13:39 am »

wait, is the update out?
I got nothing

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2010, 01:17:17 am »

not yet, why? Their estimate was Monday.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2010, 10:59:21 pm »

Anyone have any notable battles/moments/discovery? I'm curios, I, myself, currently don't remember anything notable in my games. :(
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2010, 11:09:28 pm »

In my current game I'm fairly wealthy so I've designed a cheap little minimally-armed sensor bouy which I've taken to building in a dispersed pattern around my empire's borders. It has enough firepower to deter pirates and long range sensors let me see other empire's ships at quite a distance.

well, every time i make a new design, the AI erases it or pushes it down with a new design. I want most of the ships to be designed by AI, but a few I want to make myself and I dont want the AI to ignore them.

What can I do?
I got nothing

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »

Set it to suggest, just don't expect the AI not to ask multiple times as soon as you get a new technology. :P

Also, bug, even when I say no to a suggestion to stop a war it ends it anyway, what the hell?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:47:04 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2010, 01:25:42 am »

ship design does not have a suggest mode. just off or on.
I got nothing

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2010, 01:44:33 am »

Hm, Well I guess the AI did a decent enough job for me not to care. :P

Sorry, cant help. :(

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2010, 12:15:11 pm »

I disliked controls more than anything - i just wanted to press RMB on something and choose what to do with it, not searching for exact ship then for his target etc, so i automated them.
Then i found myself setting more and more features to auto, when all was automated i watched how game plays itself for some time - quite average screensaver actually, so i uninstalled it eventually. Maybe I'll give it another try someday.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2010, 04:48:33 pm »

Dunno if I have posted this already, but I'm waiting for their next patch.
The game is broken for me, it pisses me off all the crashes and fatal errors, also resupplying a fleet shouldn't be such a pain in the *** IMO.

The game is nice, but fixes are needed.
I'm having fun with DF2010, but some bugs are breaking it for me right now, unfortunately  :(
But I shouldn't even be playing, I got exams in some days anyway..
--
The bug on DF is a bridge that I built, and dwarves don't 'detect' it or whatever, not leaving nor entering the fortress (it's the only way in), giving me a lot of headache trying to fix this, no access outside, and a lot of homeless, hungry, thirsty and idle/buggy dwarves..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:04:23 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2010, 06:03:39 pm »

DW v1.0.3 announced. List of fixes posted, they look GREAT! Addressing some of the most annoying features for me right now, including ship design and fleet control. I never had problems with crashes, but that is a main focus of this update also.

check it out:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2427666

BTW, these guys at Matrix are wonderful, they really do get to work fast.
I got nothing

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2010, 06:39:14 pm »

Woot! :D

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2010, 07:05:07 pm »

The upcoming ability to retrofit large numbers of ships from the ships screen will cause me to smile for several days.
Even in my sleep.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2010, 09:52:26 pm »

The upcoming ability to retrofit large numbers of ships from the ships screen will cause me to smile for several days.
Even in my sleep.

I agree.
Also, being able to upgrade your ships [design screen] without having to rename them, and being able to retrofit your own-designed ships would be a nice addition (that should be already in the game, IMO)
At least I've never been able to retrofit my own designs, only AI-created ones.

I think this patch will make the game 100% for me :]
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2010, 09:56:36 pm »

Honestly every Matrix game i have ever seen has sucked pretty hardcore, but DW if support keeps up will be the first to bring a smile to my face.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65