Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65

Author Topic: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)  (Read 128737 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Distant Worlds (4x RTS)
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2010, 11:38:55 pm »

You... aren't playing the new dwarf fortress? :o
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

i reckon geez

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2010, 03:22:48 am »

I think i will wait for the bugs to be ironed out and give it a try. I am still worried that the playability hasn't been improved much.

I love the idea of the new features, but its gotta be fun too.
I got nothing

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2010, 03:26:09 am »

I think i will wait for the bugs to be ironed out and give it a try. I am still worried that the playability hasn't been improved much.

I love the idea of the new features, but its gotta be fun too.
It works and its fun.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2010, 03:41:06 am »

The new caverns and the arena are so much fun! really!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2010, 11:57:23 am »

It seems a lot slower than the last version. Like, getting lag with 7 dwarves slower. I'm still waiting for the graphics packs to be finished, only one of them works for me so far and it's completely missing characters.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2010, 12:07:15 pm »

Well, the next DW patch will be out next week (or weekend), and will fix a lot of things.

I must say this: do not rely on resupply ships. they suck.
You send them near enemy territory, they get to a planet with your gas fuel type..and then cancel the deploy order to go and refuel somewhere else, REALLY far.
That pisses me off incredibly, that's why I design my own refuelling stations with cloaks, long range sensors and gas extractors...plus 10+ docking bays, and a lot of cargo space.

Without this it would take a day of gameplay to conquest 2 or 3 enemy planets.
But I think this, and more issues about refuelling will be adressed in the next patch.

I'll try a game in a 100 star-galaxy with almost 0 automation after I finish up the game I'm on.
And creating your own AI empires and setting them to your starting development level, instead of auto-generating them, makes the game more fun IMO.
It pisses me off to have only 2 colonies and find a war-loving insectoid race that owns half the galaxy in the first game year..

And don't forget about Shatterforce Lasers.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2010, 12:24:08 pm »

It seems a lot slower than the last version. Like, getting lag with 7 dwarves slower. I'm still waiting for the graphics packs to be finished, only one of them works for me so far and it's completely missing characters.
Well, obliviously! it has to keep track of 100+ layers!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 03, 2010, 02:13:49 pm »

Whoop i fought back at my operssors.

had found a world destoryer even tho i started the repair work and had two con ships there.

someone stole it ;(
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2010, 02:18:11 pm »

Whoop i fought back at my operssors.

had found a world destoryer even tho i started the repair work and had two con ships there.

someone stole it ;(

Ah, I remember finding one once, before it had the screen poop-out, they were going to take it anyway so I decided to repair the fleets and not the world destroyer.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2010, 03:39:15 pm »

Well, I found at least 2 crash bugs..

Firing at abandoned bases/ships caused my game to crash, and selecting the 'secret ship' (world destroyer) scrambled the game GUI and popped up error messages..
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 03, 2010, 05:16:18 pm »

Well, I found at least 2 crash bugs..

Firing at abandoned bases/ships caused my game to crash, and selecting the 'secret ship' (world destroyer) scrambled the game GUI and popped up error messages..

Best post that on the main forums so they can get fixed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2010, 08:03:54 pm »

Anyone else having problems using The TrueUpdate client and the TU site? I can't seem to get either to work.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »

Anyone else having problems using The TrueUpdate client and the TU site? I can't seem to get either to work.
It hasn't worked for me since I bought the game. I just download the updates manually.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »

Here is a tip for everyone, build sensor stations in gas clouds, you can't imagine how easy it is to find abandoned ships!

If you do it in systems, you might get lucky and find a colony ship or something in the system or the nearby system.

And even if you don't find anything, those sensors can be put to use someday.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65