Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Horses Murdered my Liaison  (Read 938 times)

Fatty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Horses Murdered my Liaison
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:57:08 pm »

I think horses murdered my liaison and his caravan.  A set of goblin wrestlers came to have "fun" at the entrance to my humble home and were instantly murdered by the caravan guards waiting by the depot next to the entrance.  After watching the slaughter and ordering the corpses be brought over for the goblin bone industry I noticed a dwarf corpses appeared.  And then another and another. 

My liaison I saw was a big "E" on the floor (a super-dwarvenly tough elf liaison - which I thought was pretty bad ass) next to more corpses and the last two surviving caravan guards were running for their lives.  I look around for the cause and seeing no goblins or any other monstrous predators here come prancing out covered in blood are the My Little Pony's of Hell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't get it.  No one else is covered in blood.  I watched as a Merchant dwarf had been standing there and just "poof" became a corpse while his guards ran for their lives.  The horses are the only things of the caravan left unscathed.  They decided to not touch my dwarves, but damn it, even though my liaison was an elf he was super dworfy.

Was it the horses?  Or did the caravan just decide to eat rat poison, feed it to their "wagons" and let go the ponies not before vomiting and bleeding on them?

I don't understand?  :-[

Fatty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Horses Murdered my Liaison
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:05:08 pm »

Woops...I checked my other save he was super-agile and just tough.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:11:00 pm »

Are they your horses or wild horses? If they're the former, they'll be called 'stray horse (tame).' It looks like they were wild, in which case they may have killed the liason and broken the wagons, which 'kills' them. Regardless, when you fall off the horse you just gotta get back on - your fort is now liason-less forever.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »

a) An elven dwarven liaison? Badass.

b) Are you sure those aren't just merchant horses that trotted through the ocean of blood?

c) It could have been a giant bat, what with the chasm and all.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »

If it was the horse shouldn't it have gotten a name for killing all those merchants and guards? One way to be sure is to check the legends and see who got the kills.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.