Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You know, I'm just going to be blunt here...  (Read 3253 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: You know, I'm just going to be blunt here...
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:19 pm »

Honestly, though, after watching your last video in all its fun-ness, you might want to look into restarting... It might be hard to pull out of your spiral.

That's like, half the fun of this game--watching all your time and work come collapsing down in a bloody, uncontrollable riot.

Well, for the sake of the LP...
Its all good now! I even got a few uploaded! Well, sorry to the people who don't have dwarves yet, I don't have you guys the dwarves you wanted. Renault, you still get the annoying noble that shows up, and Lmaoboat has one of three dwarves. Oh, and They Got Leader, you recovered from your wounds :D
Yay! I lived!
Yay! But, alas, dogstile died just recently D: I'm too scared of the Giant Olm that killed him to let any dwarves claim his corpse, but he can have a new dwarf later, I suppose.

EDIT: Great, number five isn't up yet. I don't see how big of a deal 15 seconds past ten minutes is, but youtube disagrees with me.

Poor dogstile. Another piece of advice, dig out a hug chamber in a soil layer near the river and flood it. Not only will it be a good tower cap farm, but various shrubbery that grows underground (plump helmets, pig tails, etc) will pop up. Plus you don't have to clear it of rock, yay!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McPicard has entered a martial trance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 01:04:09 am »

Honestly, though, after watching your last video in all its fun-ness, you might want to look into restarting... It might be hard to pull out of your spiral.

That's like, half the fun of this game--watching all your time and work come collapsing down in a bloody, uncontrollable riot.

Well, for the sake of the LP...
Its all good now! I even got a few uploaded! Well, sorry to the people who don't have dwarves yet, I don't have you guys the dwarves you wanted. Renault, you still get the annoying noble that shows up, and Lmaoboat has one of three dwarves. Oh, and They Got Leader, you recovered from your wounds :D
Yay! I lived!
Yay! But, alas, dogstile died just recently D: I'm too scared of the Giant Olm that killed him to let any dwarves claim his corpse, but he can have a new dwarf later, I suppose.

EDIT: Great, number five isn't up yet. I don't see how big of a deal 15 seconds past ten minutes is, but youtube disagrees with me.

Poor dogstile. Another piece of advice, dig out a hug chamber in a soil layer near the river and flood it. Not only will it be a good tower cap farm, but various shrubbery that grows underground (plump helmets, pig tails, etc) will pop up. Plus you don't have to clear it of rock, yay!
Heh, I already did that xD Its still evaporating (actually, the whole world is in stasis as I'm not on it right now)
Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 11:32:11 am »

Sigged.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 07:57:40 pm »

Okay, couple more videos are up. And They Got Leader, you haven't died yet! :D
Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 08:01:00 pm »

Okay, couple more videos are up. And They Got Leader, you haven't died yet! :D
Awesome! I'm going to go watch and rate.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 08:05:50 pm »

Oh, and number five is refusing to upload D:

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 08:09:58 pm »

I noticed that. Youtube just doesn't like it?

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 08:14:22 pm »

I guess. Its the right length and everything. Oh, and I just noticed something. Your dwarf beat an Olmman that wasn't that injured, and won, while the dwarf with a higher skill than you and who had an axe lost and was essentially stuck into a blender.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 08:15:37 pm »

I guess. Its the right length and everything. Oh, and I just noticed something. Your dwarf beat an Olmman that wasn't that injured, and won, while the dwarf with a higher skill than you and who had an axe lost and was essentially stuck into a blender.
What am I? A wrestler?

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:26 pm »

What am I? A wrestler?
Yeah.

Huw_Dawson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 08:36:15 pm »

Maaan, OneFJef seems to have created a whole bunch of us DF LPers, huh? :D
Urist takes over shop
Materials he has not
Pants now adorn halls

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 08:38:13 pm »

OneFJef? I was thinking about it after watching CapnDuck.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 02:14:21 am »

OneFJef? I was thinking about it after watching CapnDuck.
I'm afraid I haven't heard of CapnDuck :/
Yeah, I'm not going to be able to post more videos for a while, I've got some company over, and it would be mean to ignore them xD

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:00 pm »

Double post! Oh, right...well, more videos uploaded.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 05:47:51 pm »

Capnduck made a long set of DF tutorials. They are fun to listen to because of his narration. Anyways, more LP videos. Yay.
Pages: 1 2 [3]