Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You know, I'm just going to be blunt here...  (Read 3256 times)

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McPicard has entered a martial trance!
    • View Profile
You know, I'm just going to be blunt here...
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:46:30 pm »

Its another dwarf fortress lets play! Done in fortress mode! I was going to put it off until DF2010, but I couldn't wait. I guess I was inspired by OneFJef who made an awesome series of lets plays for adventure mode and fortress mode (which I'm in as a suicidal baby :D). Lemme know if you want a dwarf, I won't turn you down, I'll probably forget if there are no more dwarves, but there are 6 of the 7 left so far.

Link!:http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3FD7EC9DCA2171A9

Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You know, I'm just going to be blunt here...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:01:52 pm »

Gimmie a Carpenter, name of Kyronea. If you act out your dwarves or whatever, have him be Asperger-suffering and all around depressive. Even when he's ecstatic. (Especially when he's ecstatic.)
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:42 pm »

I'd like a hunter if you have one, named Wolf. He's paranoid with a bit too much fascination with dead things
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 08:14:13 pm »

I'd like a hunter if you have one, named Wolf. He's paranoid with a bit too much fascination with dead things
I don't have a hunter yet, but next migrant wave you can bet you're getting a hunter. And I'm not too sure how I'll incorporate the acting out thing, I don't think I'll do it, but I can make a note of that I suppose.
Ah, Dwarf Fortress. The only game where it's considered perfectly normal to discuss the most efficient method of farming and butchering friendly sentient beings for their valuable bones...

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 08:25:12 pm »

Name your wrestlers Slab Bulkhead, Buff Hardcheese, and Punch McRunfast.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 08:25:55 pm »

Name your wrestlers Slab Bulkhead, Blast Hardcheese, and Thick McRunfast.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 08:30:36 pm »

If ya happen to have an obnoxious noble\administrator obsessed with receiving the finest of everything, then name her Renault for me :)

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 08:31:34 pm »

Can do guys :D

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:46:02 pm »

You ever figure out why you were cave crocodiles?

Anyways, name a dwarf (any) Theygotleader... Maybe a champion :)
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »

If you happen to get somebody who likes tentacle demons, my name should make that dwarf highly amusing :P

Bonus points if my guy is an animal caretaker :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

Alright, so, I'll name my military dwarves after what Lmaoboat said, one of them after They Got Leader, and some scary dwarf that has a thing for tentacle dwarves after dogstile.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 09:12:26 pm »

You ever figure out why you were cave crocodiles?

Must be the lady RAWS. ::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 10:09:33 pm »

You should post a note or something when you put up a new video on youtube. :)
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

ShadowLuigi147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:26:56 am »

You should post a note or something when you put up a new video on youtube. :)
Alright, I guess I can do that. I still need ideas on how to up the volume for the videos, so... yeah. Lemme know if you think you can help out with that. Number three is up as well :D

MagicGuigz

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 02:21:00 am »

The sound is way too low, sorry, I can't listen to it.
Pages: [1] 2 3