Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Digital Piracy  (Read 12301 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Piracy
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2010, 08:10:10 pm »

Yet to be cracked? It was cracked before the game came out. They have failed. Hard.

Err no it wasn't, the .iso was released before it came out but there is no working crack for it yet.
Huh, after a bit of searching it appears you are correct. I must have misread an article somewhere. Not that that justifies their actions, as I guarantee their sales are being lowered by this, regardless of whether or not any pirates can get it free.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2010, 09:28:41 pm »

Also what is the point of stopping piracy if they lose to sales more when they would lose to said piracy?
Yes, Ubisoft does lose sales. But here is +1 more customer who would not otherwise have purchased it. Ubisoft will not release sales numbers either, so it's futile to speculate whether this is happening. If you are a brilliant statistician or economist, maybe you can come up with a compelling argument based on Ubisoft's annual financial report.

Pretty much, pirates an an overall impatient group. Try picturing the Apple lovers you know when the iPhone came out; many I knew would have driven cross state to purchase it, or paid $200-300 more for it. The AC fans without a console are going to be in agony if it remains uncracked for another month. (I very much doubt it will BTW.)

psyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2010, 10:05:48 pm »

If you want a cheap laugh, go search PB for AC2. ;D At least 6 cracks were released, tried, and found nonfunctional by hordes of people. I wonder how many were actually viruses/trojans.

History is basically repeating itself here. Spyro: YOTD (2000) took 2 months to crack and had many of the same problems (took me forever to dig up that article again).

/still laughing though
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]