Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: US House passes Health Care bill  (Read 22204 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: US House passes Health Care bill
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2010, 07:30:57 pm »

Is it so hard to say that if the guy is making blatantly racist signs and organizing political rallies around such points, anything else he has to say on political matters is going to be indelibly marked with such?  I'm certainly not equating everything he ever mentioned is racist when said by other people, but can you not just say that he in particular has no place in the public sphere?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:33:02 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »

Is it so hard to say that if the guy is making blatantly racist signs and organizing political rallies around such points, anything else he has to say on political matters is going to be indelibly marked with such?  I'm certainly not equating everything he ever mentioned is racist when said by other people, but can you not just say that he in particular has no place in the public sphere?
I can't say that because I know so very little about him.  All i know is that he's a scam by trying to claim that he's a leader of the movement.  I don't know if he's doing it to discredit the tea party movement or if he's just that bad of a person.

You can't ask me to say that knowing so little about his intentions.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2010, 08:08:50 pm »

Let it just be said that if you call yourself a financial conservative and support the wars, much less the hugely bloated military budget, you have no right to be taken seriously.

/return to topic
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2010, 08:11:13 pm »

... you have no right to be taken seriously.
I'm curious how you come to that conclusion... or are you simply attacking my persona for no reason?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2010, 08:14:03 pm »

I wasn't even attacking you I'm just saying that hypocrisy means one forfeits the right to be taken seriously

I stopped reading on around page 11 when lumin started saying liberals are evil because they agree with Mao on a few issues and are therefore guilty of killing millions of people
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2010, 08:15:44 pm »

I wasn't even attacking you I'm just saying that hypocrisy means one forfeits the right to be taken seriously

I stopped reading on around page 11 when lumin started saying liberals are evil because they agree with Mao on a few issues and are therefore guilty of killing millions of people
Where is my hypocrisy?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2010, 08:19:16 pm »

Well, it's not exactly fiscally conservative to support the massive military budget.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2010, 08:21:01 pm »

Well, it's not exactly fiscally conservative to support the massive military budget.
I never said that.  In fact, I said:

If we weren't out patrolling the world like some global police force and concentrated on national defence and populace it might work, but we'd have to contract the military and global aid spending quite excessively.  Doing that would gain a short term appreciation from countries around the world, but the first time someone was attacked and we were asked to assist we'd end up in another situation of military expansion and politicians would be screaming for more money and programs all over again.  We'd literally have to leave countries defenceless and the dictators and tyrants would begin their expansion.  Right or wrong, we've managed to keep conflicts at a minimum through military might, but it's fiscally killing us.

Ahem... it's fiscally killing us.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2010, 08:26:19 pm »

If Jude's statement doesn't apply to you, and in fact supports your viewpoint, then why are you offended by it?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2010, 08:28:31 pm »

Because its position in the thread suggested it was directed at him, and it's offensive to be accused of a viewpoint you don't hold, especially when that viewpoint is a bad one.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2010, 08:29:41 pm »

Looked more like a general statement to me.  Hence the "if" rather than, I dunno, "since".

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2010, 08:31:29 pm »

Because its position in the thread suggested it was directed at him, and it's offensive to be accused of a viewpoint you don't hold, especially when that viewpoint is a bad one.
This.  It was purely placement in the thread, the fact that I was labelled fiscally conservative earlier and that's how the post was initiated.  After re-reading it, I see that it's a fairly neutral statement, but placement in this case threw me off.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2010, 08:35:39 pm »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2010, 08:41:33 pm »

fiscally conservative
Ahem.
A three minute commercial?  No way is that's real!  Odd, but I call it a fake... an Internet parody.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2010, 08:55:31 pm »

Well, that doesn't change the fact that it is real, unfortunately.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20