Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why yes! It is yet another Fortress Mode Video Let's Play!  (Read 3598 times)

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why yes! It is yet another Fortress Mode Video Let's Play!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 08:23:06 pm »

Nice videos, laughed when your fisher dwarf died. If you willing, can you name a dwarf after me?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 09:18:35 pm »

Quote from: ungulateman
...The Bay12 forum's modding section is creating a Carippo - Carp  Hippo. It is awesome.
Seeing that comment (video 5) made me rather pleasant. I gotta get around to continuing work on them. If you have any experience you can share for research I'm open to it.

I have a feeling these critters just aren't frightening enough.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:21:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 04:51:30 pm »

Excellent videos.  I for one love the ascii tileset.  Which one are you using?
Well, it looks like I'm using the walls from the Dorten tileset (the diagonal ones) and the rest of the tileset looks like the Savok tileset. If you want, I can just upload what I have.

Totally need to trap and train them hippos as well as preserve your fish! i suggest creating a giant indoor lake with some sort of thing to trap the fish inside of it. You could dump sieges into the indoor lake watching the carp tear everything apart.

I'm not entirely sure a room full of carp is the thing a dying fortress needs right now. In the future though, yes!

Better yet, to expand on arghy's comment, a indoor lake situation on a lower z level, surrounded by meeting hall areas so your trained hippos can lounge around in the water, maybe the lake could be fed directly from the outside river hence producing a multiple z-level waterfall and subsequent mist... hmmm...

I need to do something crazy like this. Hopefully we survive long enough to do so!

...The Bay12 forum's modding section is creating a Carippo - Carp  Hippo. It is awesome.
Seeing that comment (video 5) made me rather pleasant. I gotta get around to continuing work on them. If you have any experience you can share for research I'm open to it.

You sir, are a monster. These things are already bad enough! But haha, if I could add those without re-gening the world, I totally would.

Nice videos, laughed when your fisher dwarf died. If you willing, can you name a dwarf after me?

Of course - if we get any more dwarves. Poor Dakost though. He didn't even get to be named after someone before his gruesome death.

Anyway, sorry for the video drought this weekend - this just has been exactly the wrong kind of weekend for DF (i.e. a productive one). So, I might be able to summon up the willpower to get one done late tonight, but if not, more to come on Monday! Stay tuned, everybody!

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

You got me hooked on the towerclimb game too! Good stuff.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 08:20:06 pm »

You sir, are a monster. These things are already bad enough! But haha, if I could add those without re-gening the world, I totally would.
Why thank you. Yeah, it's a shame you'd have to do that. I'm still WIP on learning more about them. I have a feeling that once my labs are nearing completion and I finally get around to some more proper defenses and such, these things will charge into my fort unprovoked. Fun times those will be. But in the meantime I have another project to finish before DF2010 comes out.

Oh, and you don't mind if I join in on the antics next migrant wave, do you? Or whenever is convenient.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16:06 pm »

I'll claim a dwarf!

Name:  Keldor
Profession: Fisherdwarf
Keldor is an avid fisher, and dreams of one day fishing carp.  In preparation for this, he has decided that he must learn to swim and fight so that he can one day take the fight to the fish...
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 11:48:19 pm »

I'm liking how it's evolving, although it is unfortunate that you accidentally overwrite video seven.
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs
Pages: 1 2 [3]