Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start over with new version?

Yes
No
Don't care
What's that?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)  (Read 10696 times)

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2010, 02:35:02 am »

Well if you finish that long before next weekend, I think we can give him some leniency on that rule. I'm just happy anyone is still interested in playing, ok, enough chit-chat.
[determined]Next post I do will be my final update.[/determined]

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2010, 04:28:53 am »

[determined]Next post I do will be my final update.[/determined]

Arucard cancels finish turn: Interrupted by Butterfly

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2010, 09:04:50 am »

My last few months I kind of just waited out, not doing much. So a lot of guys are probably just standing around. I also hope you guys check the original post every once in a while, 'cause I spend a lot of time editing that. If not, here's the video of Aroz' attack (also posted in OP) http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2171-deathofaroz2

Here's my final words:

-Opal 2, y.1053-
Sam Fisher passed on a few weeks ago. Otherwise life has largely gone back to normal. The memorial statue garden is being completed, my hope is to raise everyone's spirits with it. Many statues related to the founding of our civilization, and it's leaders adorn the hall. Before long the memory of the brutal attack will fade. Traps have also been set all around the entrance to the caves, they should stop anything down there.

-Opal 11, y.1053-
Here, months after the order was given, we have finally managed to have all of the components in place to create 10 blocks of soap. Originally I asked for these to help cleaning the wounds of our patients in the hospital. Now it seems they weren't needed after all. (though the gangrene of Darkness' ear is quite disturbing) Still, I'm happy the order was completed. Now I don't have to build a prison.

-Opal 14, y.1053-
Oh great, now another, Gil Grissam, has become possessed. He wandered off from working on the statue garden and claimed a glassworkshop. Strange, but hopefully he can find those things he needs, or our quickly filling crypt will have another inhabitant.

-Obsidian 12, y.1053-
Though the outpost liason has been chasing Azulth for months now, he has seen fit to attend Edward Scissorhand's party in the garden. He now seems to be actively avoiding the poor dwarf, running around the other side of the statues when he gets close.

-Obsidian 19, y.1053-
Some simple goblin thief has been attempting to make his way inside. Once simply scared off by a dog, now smashed by a stonefall trap, he's wandering dazed while being attacked by Datan the dog. Still alive, but for how long? He's lucky for not actually making it inside, that's where the real war dogs are.

goblin thief being mercilessly chased by Datan

-Obsidian 23, y.1053, final entry-
While there's not much going on anyway, there seem to be some early Dorfmas/New Year parties going on. One continues in the statue garden, while one has begun today in the dining hall. Still the liason defiantly follows Azulth in the hope he will turn around and finalize our agreement with them. And as a gift to us all, he has lifted the ban on export of glass windows. Happy Dorfmas!

Wooo! This party's gettin' craazaay!

On another note, this shall be my final month directing the operations of the fort. I am glad to have gotten a few constructions completed, even with a tragedy such as we had. Still we lost few, it could have been much worse. A word to my successor, there are plenty of notes around to assist you, should you need them. I have had quite a few different metals smelted, but not much has been done with them. I prefer the simplicity and predictability of stone, so use them as you wish. We have hit a floor above magma, and there's plenty of bauxite if you feel confident in using it. Finally, there are throves of animals around, and a quite empty zoo. You may wish to cage some of them and temporarily display them there. I'll now return to the mines, good luck.

==End of journal==

And some more stonesense, because I'm picture-happy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2010, 05:38:34 pm »

That statue garden does look quite nice.

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2010, 11:52:33 pm »

Ahahaha! My turn! ;D

I use a graphics pack, so I hope that won't be a problem for the person that comes after me.

edit: Looking at the dwarf list, I notice I was militia commander at one point. Did I do anything? How long did it last? If you can recall, that is.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:56:23 pm by Verdian »
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2010, 12:55:10 am »

I think I fit pretty squarely in that "I can survive for more than two years in a wussy embark site but I've never built twenty megaprojects in a Terrifying Volcano" category.  Haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I'd like to request a turn!
...Eh?

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2010, 01:47:15 am »

I use a graphics pack, so I hope that won't be a problem for the person that comes after me.

Why would that be a problem? If you don't upload the whole game folder, only the save, nobody will mind. It will just be a problem for everybody reading the updates, 'cause graphics packs are an eyesore (personal opinion, mind you).
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2010, 03:11:03 am »

Should i manage not to anoy every one and i do get my turn, i do plan to make a mega-structure or so, just some minor stuff, aka sacrifice pit etc etc. I always like to spice things up.  :D

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2010, 05:51:09 am »

Yeah, I probably should have made something. I like above ground structures because of the visualizers, but never really got an inspiring idea.  :-\

@Verdian-Regarding the graphics pack, I had trouble trying to change the graphics when I got the file. I have no idea why, but I could not get it to work with anything but what was in there already. So let me know if you're able to do that, I'd like to find out what I was doing wrong. And I think you were militia commander a)before he was given your name and b)before there was a militia, so I doubt you did anything interesting. Though there was some fighting before I got control (check your kills maybe?).

And Carl, I'll add you now.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2010, 04:32:03 pm »

Yeah, I probably should have made something. I like above ground structures because of the visualizers, but never really got an inspiring idea.  :-\

@Verdian-Regarding the graphics pack, I had trouble trying to change the graphics when I got the file. I have no idea why, but I could not get it to work with anything but what was in there already. So let me know if you're able to do that, I'd like to find out what I was doing wrong. And I think you were militia commander a)before he was given your name and b)before there was a militia, so I doubt you did anything interesting. Though there was some fighting before I got control (check your kills maybe?).

And Carl, I'll add you now.

Dont you just need to delete the graphics pack inside the raws that come with the game?

NINJA: After some thought i THINK i know what my misson is.... Make a huge prison for "randomly" selected dwarves to become inmates for "crimes against the state", an known over controling police force, an undercover special police, an elite "riot" squad, possible deadly force squad and a little group of dwarves to work for my dwarve and my dwarve only... this is gona be interesting. And general economic upgrades of course. I dont want my dwarve to look like a self obsesed person right?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:44:13 am by nuker w »

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2010, 12:10:21 am »

I will be building a mega-project. I was thinking of doing something similar to what nuker mentioned, except making it an insane asylum. But I haven't worked out how to do that yet. How can I get dwarves that go insane out of their workshops and into a specific room? I am worried I may have to redo the entire fort layout to get every workshop into it's own private room, with a back door leading to the asylum chamber. That may be more trouble than it is worth, though, and look ugly to boot.

I got pheobus's graphic pack working fine (it comes with a file to fix the saved game so it shows up correctly). Question, though: How do you turn off engraving pictures? It is really hard to tell what's what.

Also, I will be updating to version .04, which I believe is compatible.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2010, 01:20:47 am »

Sounds awfully evil.... Im availible for my turn now so i hope i get it in time  :P

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2010, 05:50:19 am »

You guys might be better off switching turns at this point, provided Verdian hasn't gotten too much done so far, but I'll leave that up to youse guys.

P.S. For that asylum, are you able to cage crazy dwarves? You could cage them up and drop them into the room or something.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2010, 06:05:49 am »

You guys might be better off switching turns at this point, provided Verdian hasn't gotten too much done so far, but I'll leave that up to youse guys.

P.S. For that asylum, are you able to cage crazy dwarves? You could cage them up and drop them into the room or something.

Should this happen, im shure my horrible strict systym will drive them close to the edge as it is, so it could help  :P

In other news, we arent going to find out for a while if his stats are anything to go by

NINJA WARRIOR: Or i could just do it now realy fast (and i mean REALY fast) and hand it back to him by the time they get back
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 06:08:10 am by nuker w »

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2010, 11:54:19 pm »

I've gotten a lot done. :D How soon do you need the save, nuker? The earliest I can get it out is probably Monday (my time, which is probably Sunday afternoon your time).

As for the Asylum, I am probably not going to do that unless I have a lot of extra time with nothing to do. Which may happen, as the rest of my plans are going quicker than expected.

edit: I am having a lot of fun doing this and writing up my story. I may come off as a little abrasive, during it... I decided to play as my dwarf, and apparently that means I am a fickle dwarf with no social skills and no real strengths besides an ability to super focus for short periods of time. And a female... o_0 But whatever, right?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:59:53 pm by Verdian »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10