Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start over with new version?

Yes
No
Don't care
What's that?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)  (Read 10708 times)

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves and the Silence of Graves (turn order re-vamped)
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2010, 10:37:26 pm »

5th Granite
A few days into the new year under my leadership and what happens?! A giant olm kills one of the dogs. I'm not even really sure how the hell it got that far into our base, but I might have to send the miners on it.

5th Slate
Olm is dead, caverns are properly sealed, and I've noticed semi molten rock only a few levels down below. Time to set up some waterwheels, and get to making a magma defense system.....oh yeah.

23rd Slate
Yay labor migrants. 20 able bodies. Looks like magma will taste the sky soon.

16th Hematite
Elves arrived with free fruit for us. They seemed angry for some reason. On Another note, mole got into stock piles and pretyy much set my project back 6 months with the whole fort going insane until it eventually just went out the front.

26th Limestone
I won't even be able to make use of the magma during my rule. I have, however, set up enough waterwheels to power the pumping of magma, hopefully I can also at least dig out what I need.

Another note, we are now 56 strong and counting.

Edit: No ambushes or sieges during my reign, but I was able to construct leather gear and iron short swords for 7 if the next person so chooses to do so. I didn't touch the magma or even dig out pumping rooms, I was able to make 4600 power waterwheels for w/e you so desire. I seized the elves' wood, and traded for the humans and dwarfs wood but I really didn't produce many crafts.

Save is here;
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:03:43 pm by n00bs4uce »
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2010, 09:52:34 pm »

Bump since editing does not

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2010, 06:29:48 am »

Wow, that mean you're done already? No pichurs, no crazy? But this part worries me a bit...
I seized the elves' wood...
isn't this tantamount to taking booze away from a dwarf? Did you get into it with them >:(, or did they run off crying :'(?

I'm a little scared to start now, but no time for that! Dyebraves, all ahead full!

Off-topic a bit, I've been using Flickr for photos for a while and it's warned me that I'm reaching my limit. Anyone know of a decent alternative? (preferably with either no, or an absurdly large photo limit)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:34:22 am by Arucard »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2010, 06:56:55 am »

Wow, that mean you're done already? No pichurs, no crazy? But this part worries me a bit...
I seized the elves' wood...
isn't this tantamount to taking booze away from a dwarf? Did you get into it with them >:(, or did they run off crying :'(?

I'm a little scared to start now, but no time for that! Dyebraves, all ahead full!

Off-topic a bit, I've been using Flickr for photos for a while and it's warned me that I'm reaching my limit. Anyone know of a decent alternative? (preferably with either no, or an absurdly large photo limit)

1) It takes years of seizing to anger elves (Which we damn well better do!), and even then their unicorn charges are no match for champ wrestlers!

2) I use photobucket, but i don't post many pictures.. Maybe make a new account with a different email? (I have like 6 I use to sign up for alt accounts whenever I don't want email spam...)

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves and the Silence of Graves (It's.... Alive!)
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2010, 09:34:06 am »

I might try photobucket, or I may just have some images I can get rid of. Just for notification purposes, it may be a couple days before I have a reasonable update, have to work all through the weekend. Check out the detailed OP though, I like updating that with the new yearly stuff so make sure you check there after each turn is up. :D

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2010, 01:11:52 pm »

yeah I use imageshack, but I've been busy so I couldn't really do much aside from simply play the turn out.

The craziest thing to happen was the damn mole running around our stockpile. Couldn't get anything done until I had set up cage traps.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:22:13 pm by n00bs4uce »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2010, 10:40:51 pm »

Due to where im at at the moment [boarding school for the win] I may not be able to play. If i managed to get my turn on a weekend, i would be VERY thankfull and i'd be able to do it in 2 days i reckon. Much appriciated if thats possible, if not sorry   :-[

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves (Get me four CCs of booze, stat!)
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2010, 08:07:14 am »

Well my turns coming pretty slow, so we'll see where we're at when you come around. I'm sure something will work if you still want to take a turn by that time.

Right, now into character *downs a beer*

-Granite 1, y.1053-

I always thought that "n00bs4uce" was a little strange, but since the birth of his daughter he's become even weirder. First off, naming yourself after a four-year old is out of the ordinary to say the least, but he also wants us to keep out of the caverns?! There are untold riches down there, I find it difficult to believe a fellow miner is opposed to extracting such resources. Perhaps since the birth of his child he has become fearful of death? Well I have no such reservations, I'll have the valuable spoils of the earth below if I have to dig a secret tunnel down from my own bedroom!

Luckily it seems my turn has come up in the drawing of community leaders, I'll start by creating a draft. If the caverns are as dangerous as some believe, perhaps this will sway opinion to the fact that they are also quite essential to our continued success.

I have to say our "dining room" has also been bothering me. Not only is it completely cluttered with stones, it's hardly becoming of a party environment. The detailed floors are a complete waste of time if they can't be seen! Among my chief duties will be to clean up the dining hall and make it more impressive.

old dining hall

-Granite 20, y.1053-
With the new military prescence I've decided to expand the barracks a bit, they need room to train. It's my hope this will ease the minds of everyone and relieve tensions about the further mining of the caves, I don't wish to act impulsively against everyone's wishes after all. The cleaning of the dining hall is also coming along well enough and the engravings ordered by the previous leaders are almost finished. It seems we'll need much more storage area as well, so I've begun digging out some more space for that purpose too. All in all not much has happened so far, but it's looking up at least, which is more than I can say than for my previous experiences.

-Slate 8, y.1053-
About a dozen or so migrants arrived today, including a couple of doctors. These should be helpful if anything out of the ordinary occurs, until then they can haul stone like the rest.

-Felsite 3, y.1053-
With the extra hands the dining hall is looking quite nice now, I've also constructed a kennel and begun training some of the myriad dogs running around. Assigning them as partners to some of the military as well as our apparently sole hunter. Still, I am beggining to wonder at the fact we haven't seen a caravan so far. Not that I particularly think we need it, we have plenty of food and drink and that alone will let us survive. Still, it would be nice to get some new meat and cheese. Well, I guess I shouldn't complain as long as things are going well, I'm sure there will be plenty of hardships to complain about later.

kennels

new dining room

-Felsite 8, y.1053-
It seems a few injuries have taken place, the piercing howls echo throughout the fort and tell me a hospital is now required. It's now a mad dash in the hopes to create all the necessary equipment in time to prevent permanent incapacitation. My good friend Darkness received minor injury to his ear, however our militia commander Calhoun has unfortunately received multiple fractures to the lower body as a result of training. The
diagnosis tells me his situation is quite dire, I do not plan on allowing him to be the first I lose under my rule, especially not to training!

On a more happy note (I think) Morul Avusākrith managed to give birth to a baby boy while drinking. Perhaps due to this, she almost immediately lost the child. (lost as in couldn't find, not as in it died) Luckily for the boy she had the presence of mind to put down the booze long enough to find him. I wonder some times if we don't put too much reliance on our booze?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:10:11 am by Arucard »

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2010, 01:07:33 am »

Please name the doctor after me, Arucard. ;D
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2010, 01:21:17 am »

rename all children n00bs4uce

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2010, 07:28:36 am »

Please name the doctor after me, Arucard. ;D
I can do that.
rename all children n00bs4uce
That, I can't do. :P
Seriously though, you already have your dwarf and the one that was spelled out "Noobsauce". I'd really like to replace at least one half of the repeating names. Generally I do video games since I started by learning from Capt. Ducks tutorials, but I wanted to put some more unique funny kind of names to them. I also may have to manually begin some fun soon, there is really nothing happening. ::)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2010, 03:18:42 pm »

Hey ill take a dwarf then, make him a fort guard called Cognate McAwsomeDrawBridge

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2010, 06:10:23 am »

Sorry I take so long, I'm in winter now so I should be finished this week. I'll put some pictures up later, I forgot to get any good ones. ::)

So here goes:

-Felsite 12, y.1053-
The Rhesus Macaques are attacking!!! Also Ranma 1/2 (guy) has been taken by a fey mood! I wonder what he'll create?
Incidentally, he made this

-Felsite 17, y.1053-
An elven caravan has finally arrived. Unfortunately, we don't need string and leather, oh well might as well take it anyways. Damn, elves.

-Felsite 23, y.1053-
It's now almost a week since the elves showed up, only today have they finished unloading. Marius the trader has been waiting for days and finally the time has come. Let's get this over with.

*after trading*
Holy crap! These elves brought a lot of junk, I wonder why there were only two of them? Anyway they brought us a number of really great stuff. Besides the obvious booze, we got a pair of tigers, jaguar, and cougar. Hopefully of opposite sex so we can breed and train them! I'm pretty impressed with these elves, maybe my view is shifting. (probably not)

-Hematite 27, y.1053-
Azulth, the mayor/bookeeper/manager, has begun to suddenly demand that his office is not lavish enough. What the hell? He didn't event have one a month ago, now it's not good enough? So we're attempting to spruce up his office, but in the meantime he's placed a ban on the export of ballista arrows. No big deal, but I get the feeling it's just a threat of what's to come if we don't meet his demands.

do these even look like rooms anymore?

In other news, the tigers and jaguars have all been trained into war or hunting beasts. This should help even the odds in the caves, I believe we are close to being able enough to explore down there. With the other animals, I think a nice zoo area would be interesting for everyone. They are tame anyway, so there should be no problem. I've started constructing the area for a zoo as well as a new statue garden.

The hospital is now set up fully, and should be well stocked. The previous patients are back to work now as well, so all turned out fine.

Finally, just as a note, I've decided to remove a few of the stonefall traps near the entrance in place of some cage traps (mostly in the hopes to stock the zoo).

will anyone even survive to get to the cage traps?

-Malachite 15, y.1053-
The hardiness of the dwarven woman simply astounds me. Today I heard a tale of Ranma 1/2 (girl) and her children. Her baby girl Selene became a child today, and not a moment later another baby, Meatwad, was born! That in itself may not be so impressive, yet it seems Ranma was asleep at the time, and DID NOT WAKE throughout the birth! As if the birthing process itself were not impressive enough, perhaps our military would benefit from an all-female squad?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:55:22 am by Arucard »

Blast

• Bay Watcher
  • Deadliest Dwarf Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves (War tigers, and sleeping births)
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 10:21:44 am »

Hi all. This fortress seems to be going well, so I might as well join to make it crumble to dust... (Well, I'm not that bad.. I think!).

If you all would be so kind, I would like a turn :)

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves (War tigers, and sleeping births)
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2010, 06:35:26 pm »

This is a bit worrisome. Arucard, are you still there?  :-[
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10