Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start over with new version?

Yes
No
Don't care
What's that?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)  (Read 10713 times)

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves and the Silence of Graves (novice's succession)
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2010, 12:55:42 pm »

Yep named them the same.
A dwarf walks into a bar.
Dwarf cancels Haul Item: Booze now available.

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2010, 10:24:56 pm »

Wee, looking forward to it! I'd also like to change my job request to doctor, if a suitable dwarf arrives with the first migration.  8)
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 07:53:16 am »

Journal of Gnooble, Master Mason of Dyebraves

1st Granite, 1051

We arrived!  It doesn't look like much, although the miner types assure me there are plenty of minerals to be found here.  I hope there's some nice rock, I like rock.  Mmmm......rock.  Um.  Right.  So our nominal "leader", Azulth, has been buried in a book all morning so I figured he wouldn't notice if I started giving a few orders.

Strike the earth!

2nd Granite, 1051

We're burrowing into the loam and sand beneath our feet, digging a temporary shelter.  I tried to convince the hunter, Calhoun, he should stand guard as a marksdwarf, but every time I try to explain the guard schedule and how to be in a squad he just stares at me.  I wonder if he's really an elf...

4th Granite, 1051

Rock, glorious rock!

29th Granite, 1051

Digging....tedious digging.  I wish we had a nice drop of plump helmets to snack on.  Our farmer insists we rig some kind of irrigation even though there's plenty of soil.  He claims the soil must be blessed by something he calls "The Toady One."  I think he might have gone surface-crazy.  Arucard seems to know mechanics so he and I are working on that one.

1st Slate, 1051

By Armok!

We hit a cavern!  It looks to be full of beasties as well as cool stuff, so I walled it off for now.

15th Slate, 1051

We've got plenty of metals here, although I haven't seen any fuel, I'm sure we'll hit magma if we keep digging down.  Lots of rock though.  Sometimes I sleep on it, even though the others give me funny looks.

14th Felsite, 1051

So much digging, at least now its down rather than messing around in the dirt.

21st Felsite, 1051

Not much has happened, we're about ready to try out the irrigation system.  All of our temporary quarters are now set up, and bed and work rooms are being delved into the stone so we can have a proper fortress.  We started building a wall and bridge on the surface, Calhoun saw about every wolf in the world today and I'll be damned if they get in here when I'm in charge.  Our leader is still playing with books, no one seems to notice me forging his signature.

It's just dirt, but for now it's home.

5th Hematite, 1051

We started flooding the farms today.  It looks good so far, although we may need to enlarge our drain reservoir.  We're currently set up so it can function as a makeshift tower-cap farm whenever it's dry.

22nd Hematite, 1051

We're digging better bedrooms, it's a work in progress and the fortress sure does have stone piling up, not much to be done about it and besides, it feels so nice...

2nd Malachite, 1051

Our first crops are starting to come in!  Supercharazad is doing an amazing job, our dwindling foodstocks are starting to grow again although we're still understocked.

24th Malachite, 1051

Migrants!  Armok knows where they'll sleep, but another couple farmers, some guy who says he's a bowyer and is now making bins and a fish dissector I handed a pick and told to get to work.

3rd Limestone, 1051

Dug a well.  Worked on the wall.  A lot to do, and not much time.

5th Limestone, 1051

I have ordered the digging of a vast stairway into the earth in an effort to locate magma.  Nothing so far, although we have found *another* cavern.  Armok help us digging a proper fortress with all these caverns.  We saw a "draltha" today.  I asked Calhoun what it was but as usual he just stared at me and went back to toying with his crossbow.  Weird.

6th Timber, 1051

The envoy from the Mountainhomes arrived, along with a caravan.  We sold a few mugs and crafts we've been making between all the other work and bought nearly the whole caravan including much needed food.  Have asked the envoy to bring us wood, booze, and a few other items.

23rd Timber, 1051

Small group of migrants.  Two children, a blacksmith, and a glassmaker who doubles as a woodburner.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:25:20 pm by Gnooble »

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 04:14:26 pm »

Name one of the children after me.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 05:49:24 pm »

Name one of the children after me.
There were migrants, so you should be able to have a fully grown dwarf.

Looks pretty nice so far, I was excited about these caves when I first played, but now they seem a little much.

Also, the leader standing has been changed to this:

1.Gnooble -Year in progress
2.Azulth
3.Supercharazad
4.Wilsonns
5.Darkness3313
6.Dereramot
7.noobs4uce

Inform me of any need to change please.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:51:49 pm by Arucard »

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:25 pm »

I started Winter but then our intrepid miners mined straight into the caves with those reptilemen I noticed at the beginning.  Yea, they don't seem to like me very much and I'm too tired to deal with them so I'm going to finish tomorrow morning and get the save up then.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2010, 08:21:30 pm »

I Think I've managed a a largely reliable method of (Very slow) but functional internet.

That said, I Won't be signing up again. At least not until i figure out the new millitary system.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2010, 10:13:58 am »

12th Moonstone, 1051

Our miners came bursting up out of the depths screaming about a horde of reptilemen, I went down and took a look, only 4 so far but they're armed.  I sealed off the cavern we found them in myself.

17th Opal, 1051

I've been trying to clean up the fortress.  Almost a year has passed, I can feel the strain of leadership...I understand why Azulth spends all his time working on our records.  To make matters worse we're almost out of booze.

2nd Obsidian, 1051

All our breweries are going full out and booze is stable for now.

28th Obsidian, 1051

It is almost the new year, and I have decided to retire to my stone and my beloved rockcrafting.  It's about time that Azulth character took over anyway, even though he's STILL working on the stockpile records.  The wall aboveground still has an opening that needs to be built to secure ourselves in the earth, and wood is, as always, short.  We have food and hardworking dwarves.  As a note to my successor, some of our dwarves are actually skilled fighters, but we need them more in building a solid home for ourselves.  We hit semi-molten rock at the bottom of the stairway, the magma must be below that.  There is stone everywhere, if you touch it sometimes it sings to you.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2020

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:03:23 am by Gnooble »

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 04:25:36 pm »

Whoah, the region files are apparently huge now. What size world did you gen?

Azulth is up next, please let us know when you have started your turn. I like to end the year with a 3D look at the fort, so it's easy to gauge the progress, but none of the visualizers are updated yet sadly. Would uploading the map work, or would it be too spoilery?

And the OP is updated, so all dwarves are accounted for presently.

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 04:28:28 pm »

Medium, but the saves contain all the raws now, so the save will have mayday graphics in it, you can just set graphics to no if you prefer ASCII.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 04:48:47 pm »

The raws were only like 3Mb though, the region itself was 22, so I guess with all the new underground stuff it's pretty heavy.

Also @Azulth, when you start please name Dereramot and Verdian to two of the currently nameless dwarves, thanks!  ;D.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 05:18:13 pm »

Sign me up.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2010, 04:21:54 am »

Sign me up.
Sure, this will be interesting, actually needing to give a dwarf the name  "Urist"  ;)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2010, 05:05:35 am »

Sign me up, this is looking good  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:41:33 am by nuker w »

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2010, 03:37:44 pm »

Sign me up, this is looking good  ;D
Done, we actually have enough unnamed dwarves to add these two names to the list as well.

And yeah, Gnooble set up a very nice fort to work from. I'm glad the re-start didn't make it too bad, even if my first year has no bearing anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10