Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start over with new version?

Yes
No
Don't care
What's that?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)  (Read 10695 times)

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:42:47 pm »

There is a beginners fort, so one step up from that; Novices! The idea is to forge your experience in a hostile, unforgiving environment, mind you this trip is not for the weak of heart!

Requirements: be fairly good to Ok at best in Dwarf mode. Very experienced players are likely not to feel the sting of defeat here, and moreover, will probably overshadow the rest of us.(Note this was started in the previous version and re-started in .31) Personally I will likely be on the low-end of this spectrum so do not be shy to sign up.

Standard succession fort rules:
  • Turns will last one year from the first day of Spring (1st Granite) to the next. Upon receiving notice of this zip the save and upload it somewhere for the next player. (if you need help with this, ask)
  • New,New rule!When your turn comes, I will PM you to make sure you know. You can message me, or just post saying OK! I'm starting, unless you plan on posting the update that day.
  • Complete your turn in a timely manner (generally two weeks, but if updates persist can be flexible). If you need more time consider swapping with another. New rule!If no word is given and turns drag on within three days, we revert to the previous save and move to the next player.
  • Please try not to destroy the fort, it is an inevitable outcome most likely, but do everything in your power to delay it.
  • have fun and fun!

newSignups are here:
4.Verdian -Year 1/2 complete? (cancelled)
5.Nuker W -Year in progress!
6.Matuin
7.Blast
8.Oglokoog
9.Ultimate Carl
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:57:07 am by Arucard »

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Novice-Moderate players Succession
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:43:23 pm »

+=Current Map=+
It seems DFMA absolutely hates me, it won't accept my maps (too big?). So nothing will be updated here, the old map is still there if you want to search for Dyebraves.

+Movies+
The attack of the forgotten beast, Aroz on Dyebraves in 1053
It moves quite quickly because it seemed very slow when I edited it. You should be able to get the jest of what's happening though.

-Dorf List- 73
it's prettyeven longer now. See if you recognize all the names! :D (some are quite random)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ugoshkobem, "Hollowtroubled"-chrysoprase scepter- value:4800*
by ?
encircled with bands of chrysoprase,  :-\ meh.

Shukarfotthor, "Tallforests"-iron figurine of Healedpassionate-  value:19200*
by Edem Kilrundtulon
A masterfully designed image of Leba Lusterfill the human striking down Healedpassionate the wolf, illustrating the killing of Healedpassionate in the Hill of Locks in 564. The figure is decorated with willow and encircled with bands of mule bone, it menaces with spikes of giant olm bone.

Lektadnog Storlut Ernam, "Lurefoot the Dimple of Modesty"-a maple toy axe- value 4800*
by Ranma 1/2 (guy)
A maple decorated toy axe with an image of two nightwings carved from donkey bone.
It menaces with spikes of birch.

Stelid "Washbored"-green glass amulet- value 8400*
by Gil Grissam
Encircled with bands of green glass and highwood, and engraved with an image of diamonds in green glass.

Gadanshetbeth Enenrab "Honesttwinkling the Ill Glow" -silver breastplate- value 33600*
byNi Morulabsam
Silver Breastplate encrusted with bituminous coal. Engraved with an image of Tallforests the iron figurine of Healedpassionate in bituminous coal.
It menaces with spikes of silver and highwood.

=Crackle -animal caretaker- Died by asphyxiation caused by Aroz the forgotten in 1053. His memory will live on.=

=Mei Ling -trapper- Died by blunt force trauma caused by Aroz the forgotten in 1053. She shall be missed.=

=Yomiko Readman -metalcrafter- Died by suffocation caused by Aroz the forgotten in 1053. She will always be with us.=

=Beeltejuice -woodcrafter- Died by loss of blood caused by Aroz the forgotten in 1053. Such a meaningless death.=

=Sam Fisher - hunter- Died by dehydration caused by depression in 1053. His vision will never be completed.=

=Arucard -miner- Died from suffocation from an unknown cause in 1054. He is now one with the stone.=

=Katherine Willows -gem setter- Died from starvation due to imprisonment in 1054. Her pain is now over.=

__Current Save__
For ease of updates the most current save will be hosted here.

Year 4 (1054)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:00:35 pm by Arucard »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 01:32:06 pm »

Somewhat interested. Though i have a few questions.

Mods?
How big is the site/what features does it have?
Is the economy set to turn on when the Baron arrives?
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 01:44:12 pm »

I'm not planning on mods, I do have Dig deeper if you like, or you can make a suggestion, I'm pretty open.

The site I started was just the default (6x6 I believe) but I kind of just wanted to find a site with...medium evil, chasm/bottomless pit, magma pipe, underground river, no sand though, so I can find it again but with a bigger area. (unless you meant the world, which I would have to check) Oh, it also features an image of Satan when viewed from above. (at least the way I saw it  :))

The economy I don't know about, I've never used it, so whatever the default is I guess. :-[

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:48:49 pm »

I also use Dig Deeper, but it might be better for a vote had once enough people have comitted to see what to use.

The smaller the site the better, Definatley don't want it to be any bigger than 6x6. Sand is definatley encouraged, though not required. Magma pipe's are almost must-haves. Though an area with decent tree coverage would be nice too.

Economy is set to go on by default then, but i do suggest turning it off in the INIT file. It's so very broken.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 01:50:45 pm »

What's with all the sudden discrimination against experienced players eh? It's newbie succsession forts left and right.  >:(

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 01:54:30 pm »

It does'nt matter if there are any mods in!Put me on this!!! ^^

EDIT: My dorf will be called wilson and will be a voley ball will be a woodcutter and carpenter, bringing an axe and a kitten.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:01:55 pm by wilsonns »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 01:56:06 pm »

What's with all the sudden discrimination against experienced players eh? It's newbie succsession forts left and right.  >:(

Newer players need places to start out. Also i'm not quite sure where to place myself.(This would be my) First Succession fort but I've been playing for about 4 months now.

Put me in for year 3. I'm commiting.

Gnooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 01:57:43 pm »

I'd be interested.  I've been fiddling with forts for awhile now, don't care what mods we use.  This would be my first succession fort as well.
A dwarf walks into a bar.
Dwarf cancels Haul Item: Booze now available.

Darkness3313

• Bay Watcher
  • On the item is an image of Darkness in Adamantine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 02:18:20 pm »

I have the Dig Deeper mod as well so I don't care but

Sign me up for(If we start with an anvil) Metal Smith Weapon Armor smith
if not, Sign me up for Mining.
I'll also take Year 5.
Darkness cancels die: Interrupted by Life.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 02:20:28 pm »

OK, added you guys to the list, and the area does have forest so wood's no problem. Surviving the forest, that may be another matter. For now it's no mods, barring an overwhelming cry for them. I'll go change the economy to off as well. It won't be immidiate but I will try to get an update by early tomorrow/late tonight. Starting shouldn't be too hard to write up.

One other thing I guess I should ask opinions on, the area is treacherous, reclaiming is a reasonable possibility. Are there any objections on this, should I find a (slightly) less dangerous site?

Lastly, you may know this, but these are usually done in-character. While it makes the reading more interesting and fun, I realize not everyone may want to do it that way. If not, don't worry about it, but if you'd like to then have fun with it.

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 02:57:18 pm »

Sign me up!

My dwarf will have...

Record Keeper 2
Appraiser 2
Organizer 2
Judge of Intent 1
Building Designer 3

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »

I think it's best we go vanilla. Others who have no experience with the Orc's of Dig deeper probably can't understand how bad they can be.

No biggie about the dangers of the site.

I'm dDefinitely putting some character to my, heh, Character.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 03:15:54 pm »

I want to play, can I get a slot?

Also, make me a:

Cook
Competent brewer
Grower
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:18:36 pm by Supercharazad »

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 03:17:16 pm »

Count me in. I vote for Vanilla, as I do not have Dig Deeper.

Make my dwarf a hunter, if we embark on an area without a lot of dangerous wildlife, or a miner if there are fire imps or anything similar.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10