Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start over with new version?

Yes
No
Don't care
What's that?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)  (Read 10694 times)

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves (War tigers, and sleeping births)
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2010, 07:38:51 pm »

I'd like to sign up for a turn in the ruler's seat please. Also, if I can be dorfed, I'd appreciate that :)
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2010, 04:26:32 am »

This is a bit worrisome. Arucard, are you still there?  :-[
Oh yeah, it's not dead, I've just been preoccupied with some other games, sorry :-\. Let me assure you however, that this update (coming as soon as I can get the materials together *sly grin*) will be one to remember. Finally a bit of fun in the otherwise 8 months of nothing, all thanks to my impulsive tendency toward the underground.  :D :D :D

-I'll also add you guys (Blast and Oglokoog) when I do my update. Sadly, I must be a horrible leader because we have been without migrants for my entire turn. Though we have had a couple births, but some of those....well, you'll see. *Mwahahahahah*

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2010, 05:54:06 am »

Could I have a dwarf, please?

Name: Grue McGee
Profession: Any military

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2010, 06:48:52 am »

I'll apologize again for taking so long, sorry :-[, but I'm trying to finish up quickly. Heres the remainder of summer and fall.

@OG, did you want a turn too, or just to name a dwarf?

also,
Oh good, the movie I spent like three hours editing simply refuses to play on the fucking DFMA, I'm so happy!!!

What*thefuck*ever.

-Galena 23, y.1053-
We had some human traders visit. Nothing special, but we did get some interesting things. Also, against my better judgement (due to "problems" in the past), I took a caged horse off their hands too. I hope I don't regret it. Nothing much else happening. Those caverns are calling my name.

-Limestone 10, y.1053-
It seems the surface is running low on trees, but there is a wealth of such things just below our feet. I've opened a section of the caverns for exploit. We will gather some wood, some ores and close up the door when not in use. Another thing getting low is storage space, I decided to open an area near the dining hall for extra food storage.

-Limestone 17, y.1053-
Sam Fisher seems possessed, he claimed a stonecrafter's workshop today, throwing the unsuspecting dwarf out in a rage. Then he began gathering materials, I saw him rush by with some gold nuggets in hand. Though he seems to be missing something, he has been standing there repeatedly uttering "cloth...thread...rough...color...stone...rock..rough..color..a shell.." He's starting to scare me, I hope he snaps out of it soon.

-Sandstone 5, y.1053-
I must have slept through something in the night, I only today noticed the pools of troglodyte blood lapping steadily against the base of our well. The crimson river continues down two flights of stairs, curiously drawing a path to the dining area. What the shash could have happened? At least no one was injured, save for a lost tooth.

-Sandstone 13, y.1053-
I've been quite preoccupied worrying about Sam Fisher, he continues to mumble to himself in the craft workshop. I have no idea what he needs, but each day my nerves get a little more on edge. It's quite a frightening sight to behold, a dwarf on the edge of madness mumbling to himself in the darkness, surrounded by his troupe of hunting dogs and their puppies.

As if that wasn't enough to worry about, I heard a great rumbling in the caverns below. Suddenly this message was ringing throughout the fort, as if blown from a great trumpet.

Of all the beasts, in all the worlds why, oh why a vomit blob?

Luckily, we have sealed the caves once again, and I don't mean to open them until I'm certain this foul creature has moved on.

-Timber 2, y.1053-
Damn! My fears now manifest, it's come to be, Sam Fisher has lost the will to live. Even in this state it seems his regard for others holds. Though in a depressed state, he has seen fit to visit the party which has been started in the great hall. Though refusing to partake, he seems to be attempting to dehydrate himself to death. No amount of convincing sways him. I...cannot imagine the torture that would drive him to this, why must it end this way?! I will continue to attempt cheering  him up, offering the most lavish booze we have. I fear however, all is for naught.

-Timber 12, y.1053-
For the sake of Furgig! Is the poor soul not tormented enough?!?! Now with the mindset that Sam Fisher is in, the last thing he needs is his room being confiscated by dwarves too lazy to walk back to their own! Why put this on him? Does he deserve this punishment? Sometimes I simply cannot understand the intent of others.Poor Sam can do nothing but stand in his own room and sulk as the selfish New Noob rests peacefully in his bed.

-Timber 27, y.1053-
Apart from the tragedy befallen Sam Fisher, other aspects have been going well. The zoo is completed, though not full yet. The statue garden is starting to come together and a large storage area for food has been added to the back of the dining area. Everything else seems quite.. BANG!!!!

What in.... OH, SAINT URIST!! Aroz, the forgotten beast of Vomit has destroyed the door blocking off the caverns! Rally the military! Attack! Save the fort!!!!!

-Moonstone 1, y.1053-
*in short breath* Our efforts..have paid off.. the beast is dead. Yet, so are many dwarves as well as pets. Most of us are shaken, but uninjured. Somehow we escaped this attack alive, yet it seems some of the babies have been psychologically scarred!

As an afterthought, here's what our dining hall looked like after the attack:

Also took some Stonesense pics, just because they released it ;D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would have added the movie here as well, Aroz' attack, but yeah, screw those things not working >:(. To recap, basically it shoots out clouds of dust which seem harmless by themselves, but the force at which they are shot out sent Noobs4uce into the ceiling and crushed him. They also covered roughly 5 floors at a time and choked anyone in contact. The blood everywhere is being described as Troglodyte blood, but I believe it belongs to the dwarves (haven't seen a bug report stating this). When Aroz died his body disentegrated, leaving behind only bits of glowing vomit chunks, pools of dwarven blood, and infants driven to insanity from the horrors their tiny eyes had witnessed.

Edit: I also updated the last post I made with a couple pictures I forgot to take, if anyone's so inclined to check them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:58:53 am by Arucard »

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2010, 06:59:38 am »

I want to rule for a year, yes.

And don't tell me you didn't know Forgotten Beasts are building destroyers? I've found walls work much better for temporary, but not quite short-term sealing off of areas.
But all in all, good update :)
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dyebraves (Histories of Vomit and Insanity)
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2010, 07:32:31 am »

Yeah, but fun was quite absent. I spent most of the time just clearing out stone and smoothing walls, I think sub-consciously I wanted something to come in and cause trouble. He also kind of wandered in and out of the map, I wasn't sure he could even get to the opening, but there's lot's of traps going down there now.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2010, 08:38:39 am »

I'll just take a dwarf - I don't really have the time to play. I will be following this though.

Edit: I would prefer a wrestler or a swordsdwarf hammerdwarf although anything is good enough for me - I'm just really hoping I don't die too soon, I have this idea in my head of how this is going to play out.

"This is a masterwork engraving of Grue McGee. He is striking down SEVERAL HUNDRED GOBLINS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality."

Champion Grue has a nice ring to it.   

Yes...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:40:15 am by OmnipotentGrue »

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010, 05:31:48 am »

@OG, did you want a turn too, or just to name a dwarf?
Hah! I didn't even realize OG could have been either of you guys, sorry I wasn't very specific. :P

Ok, Grue McGee, girly axdorf, got it. I'll plug you in there somewhere, if you change your mind about playing later on, let me know. I'm not sure if there will be many more signing up before it loops.

On that note, does anyone else notice the military takes a lot longer to raise their levels now? Perhaps because they do their normal work as well?

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows what this means

I've tried searching the help and wiki, but not sure what to look for really. Am I a huge idiot and this is something really bad I should totally know already?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2010, 07:08:49 am »

Ok, Grue McGee, superdwarvenly axmaster, got it.

Fixed.

Edit: By the way, I have noticed those letters before too. If nobody comes up with an answer, I wouldn't worry about it.
Edit 2 (forgetful Grue is forgetful): What is the current fort population?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:44:33 am by OmnipotentGrue »

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2010, 09:01:58 am »

the red C means combat reports.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:11 am »

Ok, thanks, I was just worried it was something like a suffering dorf I couldn't find somehow.

Edit 2 (forgetful Grue is forgetful): What is the current fort population?
Actually that reminds me, I forgot to update the number on the OP, so thanks for that too. After five deaths, not counting Sam Fisher he's still around for now, we're down to 72. I guess I won't be getting any immigrants during my turn. We've been making crafts and encrusting them, and trading well though. I guess it's just as well, as it is I'm getting down to 5fps at some points.  :(

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2010, 03:20:27 pm »

Hey Arucard, i have access to a computer not this weekend but the one after, so if all things go well between your turn and the next person on the list, i should be able to do it.  :D

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:52 am »

That's cool, I'm gonna try to finish up later today, then if Verdian can run through in a week or so you'll be good. Otherwise we'll keep you as a "floater" and try to plug you in where it works best.  ;D

Verdian

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2010, 10:07:58 pm »

So should I go slowly so as not to skip your turn, nuker?  :P
ArkDelgato: Why is my house filled with vomit.
nahkh: Why ISN'T your house filled with vomit?!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2010, 10:30:45 pm »

Something like that  :P Sorry to be a pain but i would love to be part of this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10