Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Am i insane?  (Read 2867 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Am i insane?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 10:03:57 pm »

Sort of makes me wonder, what would happen if you had a lucid sleepwalking dream? What if you then imagined your actual environment? That would be interesting...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 10:04:17 pm »

You're lucky you don't answer the phone in your sleep...

I have had some pretty odd conversations with people the next day about how they called to inquire about caluculus homework and I responded in broken english about obsidian canoes...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 12:20:45 am »

Obsidian... canoes?

My God, man, you've found the answer to true Dwarf Fortress perfection in your sleep!
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 01:31:30 am »

I remember one time I was coding something, I think it was some sort of MUD type thing. I went to bed after writing a un-compilable skeleton and woke up with my laptop beside me and a bunch of fleshed out compilable functions... I couldn't read the code though so I eventually gave up on the project entirely :P
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 04:23:00 am »

You're not insane.... you're a PROPHET. You need an interpreter and a scribe to dutifully decode and record your Enlightenment From Beyond.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 05:43:59 am »

I turn the oven on in my sleep. Fun times.

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 11:32:47 am »

I once told my brother, when he came home late, that "two thirds of our forces are in another dimension!"

I also had more than a few freak outs when I'd be awake but still dreaming. I don't see such things anymore as an adult.
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 05:18:42 pm »

I once sat up in my sleep and said "WHAT THE S***T IS THAT?!!?!?" and went back to sleep.  My roommate had accidently turned his electric razor on, and he was utterly mortified because I don't swear... hardly at all anyway.  I sometimes turn my alarm off in my sleep if I don't get enough sleep.

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »

Well something more drastic.

I used to have these sort of problems, however mine got so bad that I was found at my aunts house( she lived across the street) on the couch. I had to go to a Psychiatrists due to the fact that my parents were beating me and screaming in your sleep and leaving your house in your sleep is abnormal, go figure. Well that was just my problem, and if your experiencing some problems like that then I would advise going and finding someone to open up to. Hope this helps

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 01:32:37 am »

When i was little and afraid of the dark then one night when i was asleep my parents switched off the light and i switched it back on in my sleep and then went back to bed.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 02:31:22 am »

Sometimes I get dream vertigo and bolt upright and awake, because I feel like I'm falling off a cliff.

Anyway, any kind of prolonged discomfort can do odd things to the brain. Ensure that you do not drink much of anything before bed, and ensure that you have completely... Evacuated, before going to sleep.
!!&!!

teloft

• Bay Watcher
  • We found the zirilid stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 04:43:55 am »

It seems i have a strange quirk, it has been noted by several people, and has also happened just this very night, that during my sleep i, not too rarely, apparantly, Shoot bolt upright and start spouting gibberish and waving my arms around.

Apparantly i acknowledge the existance of other people, and am fairly pliable, and will go back to rest if asked.

but i have no idea why i am doing this... Some underlying condition? just something odd?

Anyone have any insight?

sounds like a Tourette quirk
We found the zirilid stream

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 06:35:33 am »

Sometimes I get dream vertigo and bolt upright and awake, because I feel like I'm falling off a cliff.

Anyway, any kind of prolonged discomfort can do odd things to the brain. Ensure that you do not drink much of anything before bed, and ensure that you have completely... Evacuated, before going to sleep.

I think I read somewhere that the vertigo feeling is caused when your muscles relax while you're still in a lucid state. You feel vertigo, which causes you to tense up and wake.

Anyway, not that uncommon. I've had that feeling a fair few times.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 10:11:29 am »

i talk occasionally in my sleep. my wife even asked me what i bought her for Christmas and i answered >.< sneaky little girl.

My youngest brother used to have the worst night terrors. He would get up and walk around and talk to you but all the while he would be crying and sobbing. he would be asleep the whole time. usually he would leave his room and sit at the top of a very big staircase, not so safe.

I once had a dream where i was falling out of the sky, watching the earth come up at me slowly. it wasso intense and fun (not afraid of dreams like that). when i "hit" the ground i woke up and jolted two feet up off my bed somehow. was awesome.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 11:11:29 am »

I can't sleep in the same room with other people.
They say I snore LOUDLY.

And I'm not alone in my family to do that.. My father is the worst one.  ;D
Then my youngest brother and one of my sisters too.

Tough I have heard that my youngest brother used to talk in the sleep, he was also sleep-walking at one time..
Pages: 1 [2] 3