Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Am i insane?  (Read 2875 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Am i insane?
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:54:45 am »

It seems i have a strange quirk, it has been noted by several people, and has also happened just this very night, that during my sleep i, not too rarely, apparantly, Shoot bolt upright and start spouting gibberish and waving my arms around.

Apparantly i acknowledge the existance of other people, and am fairly pliable, and will go back to rest if asked.

but i have no idea why i am doing this... Some underlying condition? just something odd?

Anyone have any insight?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Am i insane?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 09:06:58 am »

My brother does that too, well on occasion. When it does happen he is either experiencing one of these three, is stressed, uncomfortable in bed (too hot, cold etc) or three he's been smoking marijuana and a lot of it too to get him to sleep talk/move around.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:27:01 am »

I talk in my sleep sometimes.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:58:32 am »

It seems i have a strange quirk, it has been noted by several people, and has also happened just this very night, that during my sleep i, not too rarely, apparantly, Shoot bolt upright and start spouting gibberish and waving my arms around.

Apparantly i acknowledge the existance of other people, and am fairly pliable, and will go back to rest if asked.

but i have no idea why i am doing this... Some underlying condition? just something odd?

Anyone have any insight?

Night terrors, maybe?
Shoes...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:17:08 am »

Actually, i remember the dream i had:

I was basically on some form of ship, a pretty shittily cared-for one at that, and was asking for a job, which i got due to the owner apparantly knowing my grandfather or something.

Odd.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 01:00:39 pm »

My roommate freshman year of college used to do this, minus the arm-waving. He'd also snore loud as hell when he WAS asleep, and sleep so deeply that I would be HITTING him with this piece of PVC pipe from across the room which I had put together just for that purpose, and he still wouldn't wake up.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 01:04:14 pm »

My brother talks and moves in his sleep as well.

One night he was asking me if he could have my AK-47.

You're not insane.  You didn't pass the first test anyway.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 02:20:43 pm »

I'd get it checked. It might be epilepsy.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 02:43:13 pm »

my mother does that, one night when i was watching tv she asked me if my mother allowed me to be here. But she does not wave her arms around and stand up and after a few seconds snaps out of it.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 03:00:00 pm »

I'd get it checked. It might be epilepsy.

Could be, my sister had epilepsy.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 04:28:07 pm »

That certainly doesn't sound like a mental illness to me. Neurological disorder, maybe. Almost sounds like some form of sleepwalking.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 05:34:25 pm »

I do sleepwalk also occassionally.

For some reason, it usually happens when i think about sleepwalking beforehand.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 07:41:22 pm »

Probably not.  Faulkner was famous for this sort of thing, except even more batshit weird--and he lived a long and mostly mental healthful life.  I think.

I apparently fight and mutter about math a lot in my sleep.  Go figure.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 07:57:58 pm »

I do mostly the same thing, except with no gibberish and more functionality, not odd since at any given time I have very little to actually use my brain on in conversations (awake I often get caught speaking without even knowing nor remembering what I said...) and often go without.

um...meh.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 09:50:21 pm »

Insane no. Nothing to do with it. It's good old sleepwalking (no need to walk to sleepwalk).

But you should take care : you may not be well rested after you sleep.
The English article of wikipedia is rather dramatic, the french one much more relaxed. Apparently, the first thing to do is to make sure you sleep enough, then well enough, then go see a doctor. 
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.
Pages: [1] 2 3