Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Killing bedridden nobles?  (Read 1857 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Killing bedridden nobles?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 08:59:50 am »

Keep him alive! You will never get a new hammerer...

I beg to differ, fellow Bay Watcher!
As an expert noble killer (that is, in quantity not quality) I can safely say you always get a new hammerer. As well as baron, tax collector, duke etc.
You will never get a new hammerer so long as your existing one is alive and bedridden is his point.  So having a permanently crippled hammerer is superior to killing him and getting a new, healthy one.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 09:52:06 am »

As an expert noble killer (that is, in quantity not quality) I can safely say you always get a new hammerer. As well as baron, tax collector, duke etc. At least till those nobles, generated at the start of new world and during history, all die out, I am guessing.

Cannot say for the King/Queen though, last time I killed him/her there was no replacemet arriving yet.

Only King/Queen, Liasons and Diplomats come from worldgen. The rest of the nobles are generated from scratch when they arrive, the same way as the other migrants. You will never run out of them.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 10:10:17 am »

However, if it is your hammerer that is bedridden, great!  :D

Keep him alive! You will never get a new hammerer...

I beg to differ, fellow Bay Watcher!
As an expert noble killer (that is, in quantity not quality) I can safely say you always get a new hammerer. As well as baron, tax collector, duke etc. At least till those nobles, generated at the start of new world and during history, all die out, I am guessing.

Cannot say for the King/Queen though, last time I killed him/her there was no replacemet arriving yet.

But if he's not dead yet, then you won't get a new one.

You only get a new hammerer if your current one is dead.

So you don't want to actually kill him. Horribly maim and cripple yes! But not kill. Keep him alive. Barely. Sans several limbs.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 01:33:39 pm »

Aaaahhh yes. I interpreted "you will never get a new hammerer" a bit wrong, I thought he was trying to say there will never be another one AFTER the current is killed. So do forgive me thus unneeded post.

And thank you Rafal99 for explaining noble generation.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Torpid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 02:52:34 pm »

I'm a big fan of cage traps/arena, so every noble has a lever right outside their door. I've been placing (undisarmed) goblin cages in the noble's room (their bedrooms/offices have their own dedicated floor), attaching them to the lever, and then lock 'em in and flip the switch. Just have a few military dudes waiting outside to finish off the goblin when his mission is complete.
Pages: 1 [2]