Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Epic Song Thread  (Read 8675 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Mister Thou

• Bay Watcher
  • out of ointment and out of time
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Song Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:33 am »

And then there was silence, by Blind Guardian, is one that I like. Battlefield, from the same album (A Night at the Opera) could also be considered epic.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2010, 09:00:51 am »

Dying Crapshooter's Blues - Blind Willie McTell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gqIVHoL0xQ
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2010, 10:32:15 am »

*No matches for 'Mars, Bringer of War'*
Bay12, I am disappoint.

I figured that anything by Holst was a given. Also, I have found some more music.

Separate Ways by Journey

Hockey night in Canada
Shoot the Zombies
Crepes Et Baguettes
We are the Robot Pirates

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 12:46:05 pm »

For Shrinking Universe, ya gotta appreciate the simplicity and the way the intruments work together. And I dont get what you mean by the "extremely annoying dime-a-dozen teenagers"

I believe he's referring to how the vocalist sounds like every single other irritating bawww-pop band that's clogging up the airways with their tears.

Anyway, I'm expecting there to be a lot of power metal in here, because for some reason high-pitched singing about dragons and stuff is considered "epic"

I disagree.

This, this.  Those are epic, and not just because one of them is about Cthulhu.  Listen to that intro, that massive sound.  That is epic.  Flailing wildly on your guitar as fast as you can and yelling about how you saved the princess is not.
Shoes...

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2010, 12:58:30 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7CWwgt_2IM

Bridgewater as sung by a group in Alabama is pretty great, though they are singing it way too fast...it's supposed to be more slow and majestic
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 01:26:28 pm »

The Peter Gunn Theme. Written by Henry Mancini (probably my favorite composer, although many of his lesser known works from the 50's aren't on Youtube) and played by the Blues Brothers. You may recognize it as the music from Spyhunter. I might add it's probably worth picking up the entire Peter Gunn soundtrack on iTunes if you like jazz at all. Don't download the blues brothers album though; that's an imitator band and they can't get the solos right.

Ninja edit: Also, Cowboy bebop is good.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »

Hammerfall - Templars of Steel
Crow's Claw - NeoExdeath (Yes, this is a Video Game Music remix. Which is fucking awesome.)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 02:43:19 pm »

You want some serious game music...

Try this on for size

...Next time I fly around on a simulator game, I'm going to play a modified loop of this track.

Actually, if I can livestream it; X-Wing Alliance, Melee, setup one heck of an epic deathmatch, and vaporize tons of TIEs to this tune in a ship of my choice, or awesomeness equivalent. Hell, the assault against the Death Star II (and inside it) to that tune would make the whole ordeal that much more awesome.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:48:00 pm by Itnetlolor »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 03:51:35 pm »

Oh, I am disappointed this hasn't been linked either!

Richard Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 05:20:32 pm »

You want some serious game music...

Try this on for size

...Next time I fly around on a simulator game, I'm going to play a modified loop of this track.

Actually, if I can livestream it; X-Wing Alliance, Melee, setup one heck of an epic deathmatch, and vaporize tons of TIEs to this tune in a ship of my choice, or awesomeness equivalent. Hell, the assault against the Death Star II (and inside it) to that tune would make the whole ordeal that much more awesome.

That is so amazing.
I am crying a little.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 05:29:25 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBKgOyMzSc

Awesome, I picked it up while watching Sherlock Holmes and I have become hooked. I like this sort of Gaelic/Celtic Music. Also, someone said that they didn't like instrumentals. I beg to differ.

Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 06:50:11 pm »

Okay, I tried it out myself, and it lines up so well with this guy's speed run. Just start the tune when the mission actually begins. You may need to reduce the volume of the speed run however, and maybe do one more loop where the song ends. But yeah, I was right, the tune does make the tunnel run all the more epic. Better than the music that normally plays.

DS Tunnel Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFzm0u5Oa9U

AC0 -- ZERO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6gdyiLZxJ8

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:53:27 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7