Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobold Camp question  (Read 406 times)

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobold Camp question
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:13:54 pm »

Hello i am wondering about the mod kobold camp if anyone has solved the trader stealing problem, the problem being that when the traders leave the area it regards all the items they have as stolen leaving my exported wealth at 0, meaning i don't get that many migrants, is there a solution for this? as i would like an entire kobold city and its hard without any exported wealth :D

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:22:53 pm »

The only solution is to mod kobolds so they don't have ITEM_THIEF. You'll probably also have to mod everything else to either not speak or babysnatch; otherwise, they'll suddenly not be hostile and will send traders your way instead of the more-desirable (for challenge mods) sieges.

You could just give kobolds CHILD:1 and not MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE and then rely entirely on babies to allow growth, but that's somewhat dangerous and unreliable. Also, they come in with no skills, so that's a slight downside as well. It still doesn't solve the problems of no-exported-wealth and nobles, but does allow larger populations.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:45:38 pm »

If i ran the worldgen with the ITEM_THIEF on, then after it was done removed it, and then started my camp would it work?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 11:59:29 pm »

No; the races who don't send out thieves are only hostile to you because you're a race who does send out thieves. If you stop being such a race, they'll stop being hostile, even mid-fortress.

The easiest way to make everybody hostile is simply to remove [INTELLIGENT] and add [CAN_LEARN][CAN_CIV] in its place from every race but your own. IIRC this doesn't actually work mid-fort, though, so you'd have to regen. You could also add [BABYSNATCHER] to everybody else, but that's annoying because it makes everybody send ambushes.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

twichyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 02:40:42 am »

It works! thanks for the help, the only problem is that just about every civ is at war with each other not but that's really not a problem as it really doesnt effect me