Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: History Science?  (Read 995 times)

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
History Science?
« on: March 20, 2010, 09:42:28 pm »

I want to know which (if any) world gen stats people (if any) are jiggering with solely to generate More Interesting History. 

You know:  Abducted Dwarven Children leading Goblin Civs and duelling demons.  Elven widowers with a score to settle leading Dwarven Civs.  Humans living in forest ruins.  Elves living in Dark Fortresses.  Shell-shocked orphans fleeing town after town.  Hundred year old freaks with a zillion kills, fighting off wave after wave of attackers singlehandedly. 

Smaller worlds?  More evil? 
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: History Science?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:08:11 am »

Since most of these people were genuinely surprised when they saw stuff like that in their histories, and Cacame was an utter surprise to Holy Mittens when he showed up (meaning he didn't even look at his legends mode for that sort of thing), I'd expect they weren't doing anything.

Frankly, DF is... weird right now when it comes to histories.

If you really want superelves in every major civ who are legendaries in 20 different skills, all you really need are longer worldgens.  If you let the game run to 1050 like it is theoretically supposed to, then you will likely see more wars, which are more chances for conquered cities, which get more populations of strange ratios between elves and dwarves and humans and goblins.  Also, since goblins and elves are immortal, an elven warrior who survives the climb to legendary in another culture will become essentially invincible, and with hundreds of years to rack up the kills...

My own world has multiple elves in a goblin civ that is fighting a massive elven empire pretty much relying upon kidnapped elven children raised to be superelves that can single-handedly destroy entire elven seiges literally single-handedly.  On an annual basis.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare