Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: use specific skulls&other reaction questions  (Read 607 times)

Dendou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
use specific skulls&other reaction questions
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:59:38 pm »

So, I am just now starting into the wonderful world of modding and am working on making some new materials.

I find that I prefer materials that can be made in a limited/high labour intensive/but reliable manner.
So, I am making mods for better and better forms of adamantine.  I am using the glass fort mod which already allows form the production of adamant-crystal by combining a piece of raw crystal glass and a thread of adamantine.
What I have thusfar:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What I want to do is make it so that the armok ether requires skulls from each race as well, I know that using specific stuff can be difficult with reactions, but this is so cool I have to do it.
The idea is that you take a limited supply/dangerous to acquire item like adamantine, mix it with a plant that requires a year to grow, then mix that with the bones of your hordes of enemies to get a super material
*edited to include changes to reactions
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:20:09 pm by Dendou »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: use specific skulls&other reaction questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 09:25:39 pm »

That plant-based forging idea is actually really good. By giving it a very long growing time and being used for advanced reactions, you can limit things beyond just mining and trading, and encourage farming beyond plump helmets being tended by a handful of farmers.

As for using bones, according to my studies you have two options:

[REAGENT:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF:NO_MATGLOSS]
will only use bones of elf, by the stack. A neatly killed elf with all in one stack counts as one, while a dismembered one with several small groups counts as many.

[REAGENT:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:NO_MATGLOSS]
will use any bone, from sailfin molly to dragon.
Although this creates an error, since there is supposed to be a matgloss, the response is to make ANY bone available for the reaction, which is exactly what we wanted anyway.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to use skulls. There MAY be a way to use a totem made of a specific creature, but I have not tested that.

edit: Testing has revealed...

[REAGENT:1:TOTEM:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:ELF]
will consume the skull totem of an elf, and no other!

[REAGENT:1:TOTEM:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:NO_MATGLOSS]
uses any!

I suspect that they will grab dwarf bones from the graveyard if possible, and I am completely unsure if coffins are safe. Further, I do not know if artifact totems are exempt. We're in unfamiliar waters here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:14:06 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

deoxy

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert witty comment here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:35:12 pm »

Skulls work just fine - I've got reactions that use them.  I haven't tried requiring specific creatures, but here's a generic pulled from a working reaction:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:1:SKULL:NO_SUBTYPE:SKULL:NO_MATGLOSS]

It gives an error in the log just like the generic for bones, but it still works just fine.  I expect you could make it take specific creature skulls just like you can with bones.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:54:26 am »

Did anything change here in here? 

..let's say it work now. I wanna use Dragon skull as reagent what would be the reagent line?
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!