Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Horses are Hippos  (Read 677 times)

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
[40d] Horses are Hippos
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:38:28 pm »

In my fortress, I caught a bunch of hippos for reproduction, but they never reproduced. When I started having too many animals, I killed the hippos. Right afterwards, Horse birth prompts stopped and were replaced by hippo birth prompts, even though I killed all the hippos that I had.
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Horses are Hippos
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:46 pm »

Could they be non-tame hippos? I gave GCS the ability to reproduce and they went crazy (they were non-tame too).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »

I noticed that a little while ago. I thought that you DON'T get the prompts that nontame animals are reproducing.
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 10:27:17 pm »

You do, likely the tree hugging elves are tampering with your our game.  :P

so, all you have to do to fix this is to go on a hunting spree ala marksdwarves.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.