Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dragonrider Story  (Read 1698 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Dragonrider Story
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:22:05 pm »

[Works on the same rules and controls as The Caveman Story]

The large and sprawling Titan Empire has now lasted more than 100 Years. Dragon Riding and Arena Fighting have been around for the last 1000 years but the Rise of the new empire propelled into into a Machine for Fame and Bloody Glory. Arenas are now in place in all of the Major cities of Titan with massive Tournaments being held at the Capital Goliath.

You, are a peasant boy. Who found a wild egg in the forest a few months ago. You are sat outside the family home, a small patch of farmland behind your house is your only means of sustenance. The egg you have found is beginning to hatch. Everyone has gathered around for this momentous
occasion. Your father is playing the concertina in by the door. This is only a small village and there aren't many people about but this has been kept secret for some time now. The egg cracks and the Green Head of an Emerald Dragon emerges from the rift in the shell.

What do you do?

Inventory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonrider Story
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:26:18 pm »

Kill the dragon before it burns your house down.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:18 pm »

Pet Dragon, and realize you could never kill such a lovable creature.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 02:16:43 pm »

Stare in abstract horror at the grandstands of people at computers that seem to be watching us intently.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 02:21:40 pm »

You pet the small dragon, knowing what would go wrong if you helped it out of the egg, after dealing with Ducks and Chicks all your life you know that working it's way out of the egg is the key point of excerise for a Young animal to flex it's muscles and helping an egglet will disable it.

The dragon sees this as encouragement and strains harder against it's rock like prison. It smashes free, shattering the egg. It's bright green Scales shine in the midday sun, making it clear that it is an Emerald Dragon from the local colony in the mountains. I must have been an orphan because the dragons have not returned for their Young One. Your first task is to name him.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 02:30:53 pm »

Cthulhu
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 02:42:10 pm »

The decide that Cthulhu would be a good name for your new Dragon [This is as lovecraftian as it's going to get btw]

Your family crowds round you to celebrate this new life. Your Grandpa, who is an 80 year old War veteran, advices you to go to the Dragon Expert in Perch, a small town in the mountains. Your family, although poor, have decided to scrape enough money together to buy a fare to the Station Wagon that will leave for Perch in the morning. The Dragon Expert's name is Elderry, a Plains Elf, who has worked with dragons and the arenas for a majority of his life. Elderry lives in the middle of Perch but owns a large Urban garden. Little Cthulhu looks rather hungry.

It is Mid Day.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 03:32:29 pm »

Feed Grandpa to little Cthulhu. It requires blood. BLOOOOOD!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 04:02:51 pm »

No, you're doing it wrong. You feed the Elf to little Cthulhu, then you feed him grandpa.

But seriously, find the little bastard some chicken or something.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 04:22:24 pm »

find a cow for it to eat
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:25:15 pm »

every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 04:52:13 pm »

You ask Mother if Cthulhu can have a chicken to eat. She looks shocked and cries "No! Go and feed the thing a Rat or something". At the moment the Dragon is little more than a large cat so a Rat should fit the bill. There are Rats in the Barn if you remember correctly. Grandpa says that Rats are good for baby Dragons as they are not too much for them to digest.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 04:54:18 pm »

Uhm. Majority didnt want to feed it chickens or rats. Majority wanted to feed it with grandpa.
Nobody even suggested rats or chicken -_-.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 04:58:11 pm »

The rules work the same, I don;t do silly

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 07:19:10 pm »

The rules work the same, I don;t do silly

Amen,

also action: See if any of the local barn cats are willing to give up their rodent catch to feed our new compainion. In the mean time, swipe a tomato from the garden, and share half with the dragon, to see if it can stomach vegetables(we eat the other half)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?
Pages: [1] 2