Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Project: Atrocity  (Read 3725 times)

Caledonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Occluded Sun
    • View Profile
Project: Atrocity
« on: March 18, 2010, 12:56:51 pm »

Dwarf Fortress offers its players a melange of triumph, confusion, and tragedy.  Sometimes people gleefully indulge in monstrous and horrifying actions merely for its amusement value.  But who had dedicated themselves to plumbing the deepest depths of evil?

Forumites, I offer to you a challenge:  Create a fortress dedicated to the purest and most vile atrocities imaginable!
I am Immortal:  I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival:  no man can be my equal.
Take me to the future of your world!

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Atrocity
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:11:34 pm »

Urist McTailor, your rope reed breeches were not masterwork quality. You're out. Auf weidersein.

*MAGMA*
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »

What, you mean like a fell mood fort?  There have been a few of those around...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 01:13:29 pm »

Isn't it interesting that of all the threads on the forum, the only one that catches my interest is called "Project Atrocity"? Seems like I'm starting to blend in already. :P
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 01:16:13 pm »

Some pretty sick, seriously messed up stuff has been done by players at this point. So topping that seems like quite an interesting challenge indeed! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:21:47 pm »

See this thread on elves.

The tl;dr version of it was to alter the mermaid slaughterhouse idea into making a concentration camp and breeding ground for elves made of clear glass walls/windows/bars, so that they could see everything that was going on, while trees were burned into ashes just so that they could be dumped on the elves.  Likewise, animals were butchered, and the dump site was pitting the remains in the elves' chamber, so that it occasinally rained rotting kitten heads on them.

As the elves (with some modding/Dwarf Companioning to make them give birth without needing marriages) had children, extra children would then be used as the inner workings of repeaters, but with the repeaters simply being opening doors that promised a freedom that the children would never experience, and with weapon traps with only a single wooden flail slowly flaying the flesh off the child as their parents helplessly looked on.

The whole chamber would, of course, be littered with the elf skull totems and bone crafts made of their children or parents.

And the whole thing would be in the very middle of your fort's great hall, with all the tables facing the elf torture chamber, and all the drink piles along it, so that dwarves could enjoy the pain and suffering of the elves at every opportunity that they had free time.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 01:40:21 pm »

I accidentally starved a hundred elves to death once, does that count? just for kicks I added the [common_domestic] and [Pet] tags to the elf file and brought a hundred of them with me. I then set a large set of designations up and got things going for the dwarves, but I locked out the elves and walked away from the pc for a while and they starved to death. Made a rather impressive field of elf bone, actually. somewhat ironically, the reason I'd walked away from the pc was to get lunch, so they starved while I ate.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 02:05:39 pm »

Forumites, I offer to you a challenge:  Create a fortress dedicated to the purest and most vile atrocities imaginable!

If it helps any, I'm considering casting a giant lava-breathing obsidian gargoyle above my fort entrance. If only I could power it with the labor of captured goblins.

Dumping all invaders into a pit full of tentacle demons would also be swell.

Caledonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Occluded Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 04:56:54 pm »

I'm going to try obsidian coldcasting an entire mountain, carving out a labyrinthine network of tunnels from the solid stone, engraving practically everything, and building tombs into every niche and cranny.

All of the dwarves involved in the task will, of course, be entombed along with the king. 

At the top of the mountain?  A temple to blood sacrifice.
I am Immortal:  I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival:  no man can be my equal.
Take me to the future of your world!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 05:11:25 pm »

Isn't it interesting that of all the threads on the forum, the only one that catches my interest is called "Project Atrocity"? Seems like I'm starting to blend in already. :P
Welcome to the club.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 05:13:44 pm »

I dump my invaders into a tiny pit full of murderous kittens.

They are slowly nibbled to death, spraying the walls and floor of the pit with blood, gibs everywhere.

There are epic engravings created about kittens striking down goblins, elves, humans, trolls, and beak dogs.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 05:50:30 pm »

The worst atrocity possible?

I have an inspiration:The dwarfs must be given access to the single gratest human atrocity of the late 20th century: reality TV

I propose that one prepares an embark on a site with at least one savage and one evil biome square (they needn't be the same square)

Your starting 7 are the production crew, your expedition leader is the host.  you have roughly one year to set up a compound to house the production crew and keep the contestants separate from them.  The compound should include various fenced off areas that will act as challenge rooms and the council chamber.

Once your migrants arrive, they are the contestants.  They will need to survive as best they can.  Every so often, you will cold challenges in the various challenge chambers.  The challenges can be anything from crafting to combat.  successfully completed challenges can include rewards for the outcasts, and other challenges can be for elimination.  in the later case, the dorfs will gather in the council chamber, and the loser(s) will be made to pull the lever of failure.

each migrant wave is a season (or multiple waves if you get small ones), the winner of a season (and maybe the runner up) may join the production staff, or enter retirement in the compound (the runner up would act as servant for the winner)

if you get a sufficient number of nobles, you can have a celebrity edition of Survivor:DF, the winner, in this case, get's an all expense paid trip to the bottom of the lava tube.

if your fort lasts for enough 'seasons' you can bring your retired dorfs back for an all stars season
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Project: Awesome
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 05:59:23 pm »

You misspelled Awesome in the subject line.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 06:02:52 pm »

The worst atrocity possible?

I have an inspiration:The dwarfs must be given access to the single gratest human atrocity of the late 20th century: reality TV

I propose that one prepares an embark on a site with at least one savage and one evil biome square (they needn't be the same square)

Your starting 7 are the production crew, your expedition leader is the host.  you have roughly one year to set up a compound to house the production crew and keep the contestants separate from them.  The compound should include various fenced off areas that will act as challenge rooms and the council chamber.

Once your migrants arrive, they are the contestants.  They will need to survive as best they can.  Every so often, you will cold challenges in the various challenge chambers.  The challenges can be anything from crafting to combat.  successfully completed challenges can include rewards for the outcasts, and other challenges can be for elimination.  in the later case, the dorfs will gather in the council chamber, and the loser(s) will be made to pull the lever of failure.

each migrant wave is a season (or multiple waves if you get small ones), the winner of a season (and maybe the runner up) may join the production staff, or enter retirement in the compound (the runner up would act as servant for the winner)

if you get a sufficient number of nobles, you can have a celebrity edition of Survivor:DF, the winner, in this case, get's an all expense paid trip to the bottom of the lava tube.

if your fort lasts for enough 'seasons' you can bring your retired dorfs back for an all stars season

Oh, I better set my DVR then.
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:45 am »

Hmmm... I think I got a shot at this... I only need to figure out how to embark with elves instead of dwarves. Atrocity Ho!
Pages: [1] 2 3