Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Project: Atrocity  (Read 3676 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Atrocity
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 07:11:50 am »

Hmmm... I think I got a shot at this... I only need to figure out how to embark with elves instead of dwarves. Atrocity Ho!

Elf Fortress?

Just promise to make it as bad as Goblin Fortress.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 07:16:33 am »

Hmmm... I think I got a shot at this... I only need to figure out how to embark with elves instead of dwarves. Atrocity Ho!

It's very simple actually. There's a tag on the Dwarves civ definition that says something like [PLAYABLE_RACE] or [CAN_EMBARK]. I don't remember the exact text, but only Dwarves have it so you should be able to figure it out. Then you just cut (I've been told that having two embarkable races makes weird stuff happen) the tag out of dwarves and put it in elves! Instant Elf Retreat game!
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 07:25:42 am »

It's very simple actually. There's a tag on the Dwarves civ definition that says something like [PLAYABLE_RACE] or [CAN_EMBARK]. I don't remember the exact text, but only Dwarves have it so you should be able to figure it out. Then you just cut (I've been told that having two embarkable races makes weird stuff happen) the tag out of dwarves and put it in elves! Instant Elf Retreat game!

Actually, it's [CIV_CONTROLLABLE], but close enough.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Jong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:25:46 pm »

I imagine that a fortress dedicated to evil would be built solely to create the maximum amount of pain, suffering and death conceivable. Ideally the fort should be filled to the brim will all kinds of gruesome architecture to enhance the horror of it all.

I envision a dwarven version of the Divine Comedy, with different sections of the fort dedicated to a particular depravity. Examples I can think of are starvation, dehydration, booze deprivation, pain (wooden whips I guess), madness. You could also have a whole bunch of different systems to kill your victims, such as drowning and magma chambers, cave in traps, monster pits...

I mean, why limit yourself to only one kind of evil when you can have it all? You could even throw in the elf and mermaid farms. The only problem I see is the limited quantity of victims...

Aesthetics wise, I would probably try to mod the game so I can build stuff out of the corpses. Imagine an elf flesh/bone fortress. Perhaps it would be possible in the new version. I would also try to make lots of blood to decorate the walls and floors of hell the fortress, and scatter skull totems, bone piles, rotting corpses and random spike pits all over the fortress.

For maximum perversity, there also ought to be some sort of demonic shrine where the rulers of the fort can offer sacrifices and such to live demons. Or maybe the rulers of the fort are demons.

Too bad I'm busy working on my current megaconstruction though.

EDIT: It would probably be easier to simply build out of red stone to make it look like blood splatter. You would also have more control over how the fort looks too.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:27:46 pm by Jong »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 01:15:27 pm »

You could just set up a number of randomly-placed spike traps hooked up to a slow repeater somewhere.  Not enough to cripple every dwarf that walks by, but it should give the occasional wanderer a nasty surprise.

And it would help to keep the "paint" fresh.  Just remember to turn cleaning off for all dwarves.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 06:20:05 pm »

I slaughter children and make weapons out of their bones.

These weapons are then used to populate weapon traps which are used to kill more children. What a wonderful cycle!
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 10:15:08 pm »

Live in peace with the elves and nature

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 12:02:31 am »

Elf "Fortress"?  Silly rabbit, elves don't have fortresses.  That would require building materials, and not just sitting out in the open, completely exposed!

----

Oh, and what Jong said.  That sounds fun.

It would be Fun to make yourself a playable race of minor demons, embark in a goblin tower, and turn their obsidian towers into a true Hell on... whatever the planet is called.  Mod the other races to be bred en masse.  Then start butchering everything but the breeding stock.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
Re: Project: Awesome
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 09:25:15 am »

You misspelled Awesome in the subject line.

Good one.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 11:23:51 am »

For maximum perversity, there also ought to be some sort of demonic shrine where the rulers of the fort can offer sacrifices and such to live demons. Or maybe the rulers of the fort are demons.

No, I'm pretty sure that the thing to do would be to mod demons to breed, then run the standard concentration camp scenario on them.  It's not until you've driven a demon insane with grief that you know you've been properly evil.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 09:56:41 am »

Operation: Fuck the world
Derp.

OcelotTango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 12:01:59 pm »

Or you could mod dwarves to have ethics similar to that of demons. Devil dorfs!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 12:03:33 pm »

Or you could mod dwarves to have ethics similar to that of demons. Devil dorfs!

They aren't now?

... OH! You mean the ethics entry, I was thinking of players.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:36 pm »

I 'accidentally' killed a bunch of migrants by shoving them into a chasm with a water trap a few minutes ago...
[pizza=omnomnom]

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 12:38:48 pm »

I filled a room with wood, locked all but one of my dwarves inside it-one Urist McArsonist was left out-and then dropped a small amount of magma into it to light the wood on fire. 83 dwarves went in....none came out. Now that's what I call a Dwarf Roast.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3