Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096228 times)

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14880 on: January 09, 2018, 04:48:19 am »

So I wandered into a town I'd never been to before today.  The town, it turns out, was pretty crummy except for a very large library towering over the other 15 or so other buildings.

I wandered over to this much-vaunted library and met its friendly librarian staff:

No wonder there are so many books; I mean would YOU try to steal one?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14881 on: January 09, 2018, 05:36:47 am »

So, I formed my own troupe. It has 7 people RN.

1. Is there a limit on troupe size?

2. If I retire, will the troupe disband?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #14882 on: January 09, 2018, 03:26:01 pm »

1. the limit is the same as companions I think (I think 9 or 8 is the cap)

2. more than likely no, but some things might happen in the legends causing the group to split
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14883 on: January 09, 2018, 08:02:58 pm »

1. the limit is the same as companions I think (I think 9 or 8 is the cap)

2. more than likely no, but some things might happen in the legends causing the group to split
the limit for companions is tied to fame but really there is no limit if you tell a bunch of your troupe to wait somewhere while you recruit more, this only works if you leave the site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14884 on: January 10, 2018, 12:55:28 am »

Ive been trying to locate a particular slab or books containing its secrets but ive been thwarted at every attempt. First i wind up on the wrong side of the world, then i get eaten on my way over there. Then that world crashed because of a nemesis unit load error, and now in the new world while ive pinned down both a tower where the slab was kept it doesnt contain any books on the subject and the slab itself was stolen by rodent men living in a cave nearby. So i go there and try to find it in their loot, no luck. Then they get sick of me ignoring their demands to identify myself and stab me to death.

So now im embarking on that cave and hopefully ill find it there, somehow.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14885 on: January 10, 2018, 01:59:45 am »

You can find slabs and books in the various legends viewers.  Paste in these two dfhack lua commands to produce lists of slabs and SECRET books then look up the artifacts in your favorite legends viewer to see where they ended up.
slabs:
for _,v in pairs(world.artifacts.all) do if (getmetatable(v.item) == 'item_slabst') then print(_,dfhack.TranslateName(v.name,1),v.item.description,(v.item.engraving_type==6) and world.raws.interactions[v.item.topic].name or 'BINDING');end;end
SECRET books:
for _,v in pairs(world.written_contents.all) do for __,vv in pairs(v.refs) do if getmetatable(vv) == 'general_ref_interactionst' then print(_,v.title,world.raws.interactions[vv.interaction_id].name);end;end;end
Tbh though if your adventurer can't handle rodent men he's probably not going to get very far at this.  Rodent men are about the weakest slab owners possible.  Every now and then you'll find one just sitting innocently on a pedestal at a temple but mostly they end up getting snatched up by megabeasts.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14886 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:42 pm »

So I encountered a town under attack by a bunch of elven bandits. First one I fought took a bit of a fight because as I quickly learned all of these elves are VERY quick in comparison to my black bear man. But I eventually made good work of him. Next guy I encountered immediately turned and ran for the nearest building, climbed up on the roof, and started firing arrows at me. "Interesting strategy" I thought as I followed him up and stabbed him to death, batting away any arrows he managed to let off. Then something interesting happened. On my way out of the town his gang buddies noticed me, and they all immediately turned hostile. They all had shitty wooden weapons but the bruises were stacking up fast and I didn't wanna wait around to find out how long it'd take before I couldn't take anymore. Sprinting south, still being pelted by wooden swords, spears, bolts, and arrows, I was just at my wit's end thinking it was over when this happened:
Had I fallen into some sort of natural crevice? The wounds had stopped adding up. I let a little time pass. Seemed safe. Had I fallen into a tiny divot in a hill and they all just immediately lost track of me? Nope. Something more fucked up happened.

I'm part of the wall now. Did I wander into a cave collapse and get buried alive?

Update: definitely registered as underground as I saw the underground fast travel map when I went to sleep - but then woke up on the surface again. Very strange.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:42:47 pm by gnome »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14887 on: January 11, 2018, 09:19:56 pm »

Bugs. Gm-editor teleport one or two z-levels up. It isn't cheating if it's circumventing a bug!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14888 on: January 12, 2018, 12:56:16 am »

It isn't cheating unless you're trying to somehow pass off shit as being done in vanilla or something. My floating-ice-floor displaced-magma trick let me build under a full volcano without using dfhack, though dfhack makes it easier.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14889 on: January 12, 2018, 03:57:53 am »

Woah, this world has a ridiculous number of sasquatches.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14890 on: January 12, 2018, 09:41:44 am »

Woah, this world has a ridiculous number of sasquatches.
I'm just now loading my save where I'd just been ordered to kill one. Finally got out of Hydraville.

Update: have now completed that quest and also a quest to slay a yeti in almost exactly the same area. I think this is a good spot. Unfortunately my hearth is located on a mountain and it's z-level hell trying to find it every time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:41:41 am by gnome »

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14891 on: January 14, 2018, 02:49:06 am »

I just fought a Titan that could hurl fireballs, but they didn't seem to do anything? I got hit with like ten of them, but haven't suffered any injuries or burns. I guess my armor protected me?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14892 on: January 14, 2018, 11:31:22 pm »

Got attacked by a party of succubi in a town, I managed to kill all but the archer and retreated to heal. A couple days later I tracked down the survivor, who was still badly hurt, as I'd been ripping out the arrows she hit me with and throwing them back. Ended up with about 70% dismemberment and I decided to make a piece of jewelry from her bones. The main corpse didn't give enough for the process, so I started butchering all the severed limbs as well. When I tried to do the head the game crashed, RIP ~3 hours of progress.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14893 on: January 15, 2018, 12:24:19 am »

Got attacked by a party of succubi in a town, I managed to kill all but the archer and retreated to heal. A couple days later I tracked down the survivor, who was still badly hurt, as I'd been ripping out the arrows she hit me with and throwing them back. Ended up with about 70% dismemberment and I decided to make a piece of jewelry from her bones. The main corpse didn't give enough for the process, so I started butchering all the severed limbs as well. When I tried to do the head the game crashed, RIP ~3 hours of progress.

This is why you save every 10 minutes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14894 on: January 15, 2018, 12:44:37 am »

This is why you save every 10 minutes.

Eh, I'm not that terribly fussed since it also wiped some nerve damage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1104