Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095636 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14820 on: December 22, 2017, 05:57:34 am »

Hydra don't care if you're a legendary shield user, they're still going to oneshot you...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14821 on: December 22, 2017, 08:50:34 am »

Hydra don't care if you're a legendary shield user, they're still going to oneshot you...
I don't even bother fighting a hydra at melee range until its body is a pincushion of arrows. You just do not fuck with something that can make 9+ attacks at once

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: December 22, 2017, 09:41:02 am »

I have customized dwarves' lifespan to be 1 year max.
So after one year, every dwarf dies. This is life.

So first, I took a peasant and made him retire/unretire until he died.
I saw the "You died of old age" message  ☼ Achievement get !

----

During his "peaceful" life, my Urist killed a goblin who attacked the hamlet and killed its mayor.
My travelling musician-companion also killed a goblin, after he got his leg cut off in battle. Badass companion !
The new mayor promoted my adventurer to militia commander of the hamlet after his kill.
So I guess he can lead others into battle now.

Urist died of old age shortly after this promotion.

----

I then savescummed to unretire 15 days before my unavoidable death.

Yes, I have 15 days to make the world better.
What can I accomplish in the remaining hours I have ?

EDIT :
The world is a pocket island. 2 mega beasts. 26 years of history. 1 civ of the 5 races.
No necro tower. No vampires nor were-creatures. No temples either. So no bullshitting of immortality.
I only have 15 days.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:47:18 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: December 22, 2017, 10:03:45 am »

Do as many badass deeds as you can. Kill megawatts, raid kobolds, etc.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: December 22, 2017, 02:27:00 pm »

Spriggans. There's only one answer here.

Make as many toys as you possibly can and travel the entire world to give them to every little dwarven child as they sleep.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14825 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:27 pm »

When you set maxage to One, I don't think there children anymore.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: December 23, 2017, 07:23:51 pm »

"Go kill the lion-man Frudashlalber", said my lord, "killed 10 in his lust for murder", he added.
Sounds like a typical mission, probably some kind of half-aardvark, half-lionman night creature right?

Well, no. Further investigation proves that, yes he did indeed kill 10 humans. It was during a war in which 300 of them came and obliterated his village.
Not only that, but my civ then took him prisoner. So my mission is to locate a beaten up lion-man in a cage and assassinate him. Great.

The village where he's supposedly imprisoned is a bunch of ruined houses and a meadhall. The Lady there says Frudashlalber is someplace around, but isn't exactly sure where.

I'm a little suspicious of this "Lady". She's surrounded by cats, she greeted me with "greetings, human", and then I found out that Frudashlalber actually spent several years in his youth working as a spy pretending to be a minotaur. The plot thickens...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:29:13 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: December 23, 2017, 10:54:50 pm »

I thought that prisoners was one of the things you couldn't actually find in adventure mode sites despite them being there in legends. Is that untrue?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14828 on: December 24, 2017, 01:37:45 am »

You can occasionally find them, though there's no proper "jail" or "dungeon" where they're kept like in dark pits/fortresses - I once found a few draenei prisoners in a hamlet, sorta just standing out in the field.

Another time I found a cannibal woman who on one hand was the lady of the town. On the other hand? She was a slave to the civ to which the town belonged. "Hey, we enslaved you, now rule these people!"

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: December 24, 2017, 06:38:14 am »

Another time I found a cannibal woman who on one hand was the lady of the town. On the other hand? She was a slave to the civ to which the town belonged. "Hey, we enslaved you, now rule these people!"
I had that happen a few months back in Vanilla. Rather amusingly, the Lord in question immediately greeted me with "Help! Save me!" (or words to that effect) and allowed me to "rescue" him. Alas, I died before I could get him back home. I wonder what the results of a ruler in absentia would would be...
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: December 25, 2017, 10:03:32 pm »

Prisoners can be found fleeing through the streets during insurrections, so that might be one way to flush him out. Not sure how successful causing an insurrection will be in this place though. It's pretty much abandoned besides the tiny meadhall and it's Lady.

And, yeah, no sign of a prison. Don't expect it's possible yet. But vaguely, slight chance of Toady adding them during this small updates phase, perhaps now that fortress dorfs can end up in prisons after failed raids.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: December 26, 2017, 06:31:06 am »

Well the new update finally got me the push to seek out an adventure mode project
this time I'm trying to start a band, with a master musician goblin with no good skills in combat name Cero. I'm going around trying to train up this human peasant name Wem in hopes of performing a song that doesn't have a troupe that doesn't horribly suck at their part, or die trying.

Currently got the instruments needed to play one song and Cero seems to play a mean Cando.
oh and named an iron whip but accidentally retired and some how lost it on the return.
so Cero just sold a wood chest filled with bugs she collected and a dagger for nothing.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: December 26, 2017, 09:51:54 am »

Currently serving under a lord, attempting to clean out criminals residing in the local streets but can only get one guy from my hearth to join me in my adventures. So it's like 2 vs 8 or some lopsided ratio - doing some savescumming to get through this one.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: December 28, 2017, 11:24:23 pm »

Started playing as a rogue type character, a peasant, will see where I get him. I will try to develop knife skill besides his musical skills, and maybe get some artifact in the way.

First travel I got ambushed by wolves, stabbed them to death while they ripped off most of my clothes to shreds.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: December 29, 2017, 05:48:31 am »

so after several hours of getting enough undead minions to build a pool, combine with chopping down enough trees and fighting off hummingbird demons and their friends on every attempt to construct anything in adventure mode building the only parts I used dfhack on was water retrieval(and getting logs, which in hindsight seem silly as by the time I was chopping down trees I was getting more lumber than I needed), I finally got a "boat" fort

so that scratch one Adventure mega project off a large list.

it more oil tanker than boat at this point given there's a support to keep it up.
other than that uhh kinda wonder what other theme embarks can folks make with adv camps.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990 991 ... 1104