Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102491 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13905 on: March 24, 2017, 03:41:04 pm »

Maybe you killed the king's drinking buddy? Ettins do have [CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER] after all.

I wonder... Do Ettins choose which head to drink with? Is it based on their dominant hand? Or is it split evenly between the two?

That has literally never occurred to me before. Now that I think about it though, the same works for hydras and which head they eat with, though splitting Urist mcCrossbowman between seven heads sounds like a tall order...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: March 24, 2017, 03:56:03 pm »

That has literally never occurred to me before. Now that I think about it though, the same works for hydras and which head they eat with, though splitting Urist mcCrossbowman between seven heads sounds like a tall order...

Clearly the answer is to feed your pet hydra 7 dwarves, not just 1. They have 7 heads, you start with 7 dwarves...it's a hydra conspiracy. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: March 24, 2017, 05:32:25 pm »

I see you've never fought a hydra before you were ready and been ripped into seven pieces.

Maybe you killed the king's drinking buddy? Ettins do have [CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER] after all.
I wonder... Do Ettins choose which head to drink with? Is it based on their dominant hand? Or is it split evenly between the two?
They probably drink with both, alternating. Beer tastes good and they both want to enjoy it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: March 24, 2017, 05:42:51 pm »

In my mind, a DF mouth is an organ that allows speaking, and also osmosis of appropriate foodstuffs right through their face.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: March 24, 2017, 06:31:01 pm »

At best it is an interface to an extradimensional realm, as evidenced by various units drinking themselves out of existence.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: March 24, 2017, 06:37:46 pm »

At best it is an interface to an extradimensional realm, as evidenced by various units drinking themselves out of existence.

Only with the power of mugs.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: March 24, 2017, 07:14:23 pm »

I killed an ettin, which is good, because ettins are jerks who end peasants >:<
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: March 24, 2017, 07:31:01 pm »

Pfff, I can do that with one head.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: March 24, 2017, 07:41:16 pm »

Pfff, I can do that with one head.
As in:My peasants, my adventurers.
After all, Losing is Fun! And now it's personal!
Edit:After my adventurer rampage on all the semi-megabeasts, im gonna retire my demigod and go back to peasant adventuring, only to get killed by random stuff
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:45:45 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: March 24, 2017, 09:18:56 pm »

When I got back into Dwarf Fortress, I realized that semi-megabeasts weren't as bad as I remembered them. Then after a few weeks, they constantly started killing me and all of my cannon fodder fellow adventurers. I don't know how they became harder. Probably because I started trying to plan more. That seems to be the source of all my adventure mode problems.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: March 24, 2017, 09:52:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
wrestling with no attributes is fun
EDIT:It turns out wrestling is a great way to gain attributes
EDIT2:Started a new world, made my adventurer a wererabbit, and its hilarious
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
THE CHILD IS PLAYING MAKE BELIEVE WHILE BEING A WERERABBIT MURDERING PEOPLE HAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:27:07 am by Nep Nep »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: March 26, 2017, 08:34:57 am »

Well, this new adventure of mine got amusing quickly, I trained my stats up, got myself infected with vampirism and decided to train up my throwing skill next to the temple I was at, some time in to my training I hear something coming, I think to myself, "Oh its probably a priest or something." Nope, its a mummy, fortunately due to the fact I'm a vampire it isn't hostile to me, it did curse a random child though. It may not be hostile but it is following me around, while following me it saw some people, turns out I'm next to the market, the mummy is killing everyone and reviving everyone. No idea where the mummy went though. Of course all the undead vanished after I waited to make it day.

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: March 26, 2017, 08:39:29 am »

So my teddy bear adventurer starts in a mead hall in Earlyscribed I soon hear fighting across the hall right in the middle of our party with the townsfolk a bunch of revolutionaries come barging in and trying to murder everyone including the townsfolk and entertainers! After saving a farmer and his kid from the revolutionaries I soon brag about it to my lord ask her where the giant wolf I should be killing right now is and it turns out nobody has any goddamn clue WELP guess I just  have to wander around. So after stabbing a goblin bandit to death i soon found a camp full of revolutionaries! Let's just say NOW ITS PERSONAL!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: March 26, 2017, 11:37:35 am »

Well after all of that i wen't to another town killed two giant wolves everyone loved me got a mace man named Piral who is the most stubborn bastard I have ever seen! so after resting in the hillocks for a bit i get Piral and try to kill all of the cyclopses in the world so far i have killed one had Piral save my life from a ferocious giant dingo I soon come across a cave that has the dad cyclops in it. The only problem was that i couldn't find the damn entrance to the cave! So after i spent 15 real life minutes looking for the entrance i find daddy cyclops just chilling out in the open i like to think that even he couldn't find the entrance to this place!  ::)

EDIT I have killed daddy cyclops and before you ask, THERE WAS NO CHEATING OR DFHACKERY INVOLVED

EDIT2 NONE AT ALL

EDIT3 NONE

EDIT4 Rest in peace kel umermebzuth :'(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:40:18 pm by UselessMcMiner »
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: March 26, 2017, 02:29:44 pm »

Well I have found daughter cyclops's lair and nearly kill her without using The Dagger Of No Cheating! and all I have to say is that she was much easier then her dad! I give Piral who is now known as The Habitual Intricacy of Entangling which is cooler then my name which is the Undignified Meadow >:(.So after that i give Piral the kill. After that I noticed that Id the drunk got his foot ripped of by the daughter cyclops! But he's okay so far.Then after bragging about all my kills in a drinking mound I then recruit Morul the teddy bear drunk. I then set off on my journey to go to the moma cyclops which is in the southern tundra of the world. Then after leaving i stumble upon a wilderness location! Then the roc Pari Judgewill the Radiant Rivers swoops down! After seeing her a sneak up on her and kill her effortlessly without even using The Dagger Of No Cheating! It's also my first mega-beast kill!

Obsidian 1053

Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1104