Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102652 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13815 on: March 01, 2017, 09:33:05 pm »

Never picked up any lava. After Aro, Num had brought back the cage, the cart and some mail mittens as keepsakes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Num had dropped off that stuff, went back to kill the cyclops, returned to talk with the mayor for a bit, and then he encountered lava when he went to butcher Aro's corpse. Hit fast travel to see if it would stop the lava. Weird.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:36:02 pm by peasant cretin »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: March 01, 2017, 09:46:45 pm »

On my [CRAZED] filled world, a massive fight occured in the castle itself between the species present there, once the blood of those heinous elves and goblins was filling the ground and only my human side was standing victorious, it was time for more.
My character recruited 2 allies and we decided to hunt the goblins group that as usual had invaded the castle underground.

After a quick skirmish, as the bandits weren't far from the stairs, a master lasher goblin popped up.
This was announcing tough time as i had decided to not cheat due to DF lack of law system by the usual "fully armor yourself from stealing all the best stuff from the castle/hall" and only keep my starting equipment (and only take equipment on enemy corpses)

And let's say my starting equipement wasn't that great , my weapon was for now a double handed sword made in copper.
The master lasher goblin started to injure one of my ally, while i decided to try to get his head off with my sword.

I wasn't expecting much as my character wasn't yet a veteran of his world conflicts, and to my surprise the slashing was a hit, and as i guessed it was simply deflected by the goblin helmet.
But what i wasn't expecting is how strong forces are applied in current version of DF

Ouch, that must have hurt.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: March 01, 2017, 09:51:15 pm »

oh yeah some how minecarts act like a wall to projectiles so chances are you could slam into yourself, and fall right off.
which is one of the major issues of ollie with throw script, you gonna be either too slow and end up slamming into your past self, or the jump would not clean up the collision of the past projectiles and you end up hitting the wall you clearly jump over.
if only we can stop time midair for better control, also horrible fly checks.

oh wait dugh
just play a flyer for proper air control!

so yeah now I can just soar around the air in a minecart with the old script. that said oh boy uhhh so we went from boatkarts to Jetkarts now.
time to see if it's possible to make a floating airbase in DF now for my Sky patrol.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: March 01, 2017, 10:02:09 pm »

Must be my recent adventurer lucky day, after destroying the goblin master lasher, now that's the goblin warlord

Not shown is that both my allies had passed out from exhaustation, and the goblin warlord was stabbing one of them in the head since at least 5 turns, that's going to leave a mark i guess :D

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: March 01, 2017, 10:37:59 pm »

Ouch, that must have hurt.
If you're much bigger than what you're fighting, like say a strong human versus a dingo, you can bash hands/feet/paws right off by hitting fingers and toes. Try it sometime.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: March 02, 2017, 05:59:05 am »

oh yeah some how minecarts act like a wall to projectiles so chances are you could slam into yourself, and fall right off.
which is one of the major issues of ollie with throw script, you gonna be either too slow and end up slamming into your past self, or the jump would not clean up the collision of the past projectiles and you end up hitting the wall you clearly jump over.
if only we can stop time midair for better control, also horrible fly checks.

oh wait dugh
just play a flyer for proper air control!
so yeah now I can just soar around the air in a minecart with the old script. that said oh boy uhhh so we went from boatkarts to Jetkarts now.
time to see if it's possible to make a floating airbase in DF now for my Sky patrol.
I got really good at hopping myself up on stuff with ollie actually, I raised the z velocity to 17500 instead of 10000 which helps significantly. I can drop myself in the trees or on the pillars north of the grassy knoll or just ollie up onto the bridge going through the northeast quarter.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13821 on: March 02, 2017, 11:43:55 am »

Hmm. One of these days I should create a world where I breach Hell and play the resulting mess in Adventure Mode. Like, site a fort as close as possible to a major town or other region, and...

This leads to a question. Does the resulting mob of demons disperse better if I abandon, versus letting them wipe out the population?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: March 02, 2017, 12:25:38 pm »

You would have to either use the:
1. pop cork
2. abandon/retire
3. gui/gm-editor scr when calendar starts
4. set year_tick to 0

So there wasn't enough time for them to leave, but that might not work, so that leaves:
1. pop cork
2. mode set > arena (do not unpause)
3. assume control of adventuring targetbro
4. mode set > adventurer
5. get your nemesis_id > pull up the entry > flip the ADVENTURER/ACTIVE_ADVENTURER flags to true (in my case, use gui/gm-editor keybinding in my unit view and it opens my nemesis)
6. save > reload > enjoy chaos

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:21 pm »

You would have to either use the:
1. pop cork
2. abandon/retire
3. gui/gm-editor scr when calendar starts
4. set year_tick to 0

So there wasn't enough time for them to leave, but that might not work, so that leaves:
1. pop cork
2. mode set > arena (do not unpause)
3. assume control of adventuring targetbro
4. mode set > adventurer
5. get your nemesis_id > pull up the entry > flip the ADVENTURER/ACTIVE_ADVENTURER flags to true (in my case, use gui/gm-editor keybinding in my unit view and it opens my nemesis)
6. save > reload > enjoy chaos
you could just pop cork, use body swap on one of your citizens, then modeset adventurer then save the game, then load back into it. saves you having to go through arena mode and the risk of unpausing the game

but really retiring will dissipate the starting demons, but they will end up wandering around the overworld so you might end up encountering demons on your adventurers past that point.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: March 02, 2017, 05:31:49 pm »

I am used to the buggier old bodyswap stuff where it didn't want to work right if you used it outside of adventure mode, at least not when I tried, but that was the dfusion one I think, which one do you use, the dfhack one or a custom tweak?

Also figured out part of why our minecart fuckery is so dangerous: we're setting the projectile velocity, I even added my velocity and matched it all, but forgot to look at the vehicle ones.
Code: (ollie.lua) [Select]
function punt(itemSource,itemTarget)
local curpos
if df.global.ui_advmode.menu==1 then
curpos=df.global.cursor
else
print ("No cursor located!  You would have slammed into the ground and exploded.")
return
end

local count=0
local l = df.global.world.proj_list
local lastlist=l
l=l.next
while l do
count=count+1
if l.next==nil then
lastlist=l
  end
l = l.next
end

resultx = curpos.x - itemSource.pos.x
resulty = curpos.y - itemSource.pos.y
resultz = curpos.z - itemSource.pos.z

newlist = df.proj_list_link:new()
lastlist.next=newlist
newlist.prev=lastlist
proj = df.proj_itemst:new()
newlist.item=proj
proj.link=newlist
proj.id=df.global.proj_next_id
df.global.proj_next_id=df.global.proj_next_id+1
proj.item=itemSource
proj.origin_pos.x=itemSource.pos.x
proj.origin_pos.y=itemSource.pos.y
proj.origin_pos.z=itemSource.pos.z
proj.target_pos.x=curpos.x
proj.target_pos.y=curpos.y
proj.target_pos.z=curpos.z
proj.prev_pos.x=itemSource.pos.x
proj.prev_pos.y=itemSource.pos.y
proj.prev_pos.z=itemSource.pos.z
proj.cur_pos.x=itemSource.pos.x
proj.cur_pos.y=itemSource.pos.y
proj.cur_pos.z=itemSource.pos.z
proj.flags.no_impact_destroy=true
proj.flags.piercing=true
proj.flags.high_flying=true
proj.flags.parabolic=true
proj.flags.no_collide=false
proj.flags.unk9=true
proj.speed_x=resultx*10000
proj.speed_y=resulty*10000
proj.speed_z=resultz*17500
if (not itemSource.general_refs==nil and itemSource.vehicle_id) then
local veh = itemSource.vehicle_id
local icle = df.vehicle.find(veh)
icle.speed_x=proj.speed_x
icle.speed_y=proj.speed_y
icle.speed_z=proj.speed_z
if itemSource.general_refs[0].unit_id==unitSource.id then
if unitSource.flags1.projectile==true then
if proj.link.next.item.unit==unitSource then
local ollie = proj.link.next.item
ollie.speed_x=proj.speed_x
ollie.speed_y=proj.speed_y
ollie.speed_z=proj.speed_z
ollie.flags.safe_landing=true
unitSource.flags1.on_ground=false
elseif (not unitSource.flags1.on_ground and not unitSource.flags1.projectile) then
if ollie.speed_x==0 and proj.speed_x==0 and ollie.speed_y==0 and proj.speed_y==0 and ollie.speed_z==0 and proj.speed_z==0 then
icle.pos_x=unitSource.pos_x
icle.pos_y=unitSource.pos_y
icle.pos_z=unitSource.pos_z
icle.speed_x=0
icle.speed_y=0
icle.speed_z=0
icle.offset_x=0
icle.offset_y=0
icle.offset_z=0
else unitoccupancy.unit = false
unitoccupancy.unit_grounded = false
unitoccupancy.item = false
end
end
end
end
end
end
function getItemAtKPos(cx,cy,cz) -- gets the item index @ x,y,z coord
local vector=df.global.world.items.all -- load all items
local kickpos=unitSource.pos
for i = 0, #vector-1 do -- look into all items offsets
local cpos=vector[i].pos --get its coordinates
local cx=cpos.x
local cy=cpos.y
local cz=cpos.z
if cx==kickpos.x and cy==kickpos.y and cz==kickpos.z then --compare them
unitoccupancy.item = false
return vector[i] --return index
end
end
return nil
end
unitSource = df.global.world.units.active[0]
unitoccupancy = dfhack.maps.ensureTileBlock(unitSource.pos).occupancy[unitSource.pos.x%16][unitSource.pos.y%16]
itemSource=getItemAtKPos()
itemTarget = curpos

punt(itemSource,itemTarget)
Running it with the cursor on you should now completely null out your movement and drop the cart underneath you with no velocity so it won't zoom up behind invisibly and smash into you/smash you into yourself/etc.

Can totally do pinpoint hops up onto ledges and such and then stop right there.

Amusingly you can also stand on the cart without riding it, set it in motion so it flies up above you, THEN hop on and ride it in mid-air and stop it on a nearby ledge.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: March 02, 2017, 09:03:06 pm »

oh having being there for the creation of body swap uhhhh custom tweak that was the original Dfusion one, which used the cursor pointer alignment of the creature to select them which made it universal.
uhh on the projectile vs vehcile stuff uhh I kinda had modified my old steer script that uses Vehicle velocity to steer and uhh oh boy it only works if it's on the ground
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: March 02, 2017, 09:05:45 pm »

Er. Is that word salad an answer to my puzzling over the most effective way to disperse unleashed demons? Because I've had a fort unleash demons over a local area to menace adventurers, I just wanted to see which method gets the most efficient dispersion.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: March 02, 2017, 09:46:24 pm »

Er. Is that word salad an answer to my puzzling over the most effective way to disperse unleashed demons? Because I've had a fort unleash demons over a local area to menace adventurers, I just wanted to see which method gets the most efficient dispersion.
oh the most effective dispersion probably be running yourself down to hell, aggro a bunch of demons then run your self back up to the surface to fast travel.
causing the pile of demons to become roaming units on the world map.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: March 02, 2017, 10:10:02 pm »

Huehuehue. Maybe, thing is you'd have to breach Hell first, and they were good about becoming wanderers after I did that in fort mode last time.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: March 02, 2017, 10:16:21 pm »

Going back to overheard conversations. The useful overheard conversation is an NPC spreading specific incident/rumor.
Along with direct information from "ask about the surrounding area," the overheard conversation, if used in conjunction with the quest menu to identify regions, can help to form a picture of the region. The Forest of Bowels is adjacent to Rainylabor and Num had done a few slow treks through certain areas, but never stumbled upon the shrine of Egom Simplesink the Sprayed Pass the forest titan.

When Num had asked the mayor of Rainylabor "about the surrounding area" the hivemind never did mention that local danger, Egom murderer of 52 souls. An ettin's name (Bese Halelathered the Beloved Numbers) had surfaced in overheard conversation, as did numerous mentions of a rampaging brush titan (Senre Flaxenforest the Pristine Valley), along with a direct reference:
Odd since the ettin and the brush titan don't appear to be all that proximate to this hillock.

The cyclops Wur Judgeyear and mountain titan Aro Hailwaves seemed like immediate dangers as they were located on the mountain range (The Walls of Copper) Num's civ is situated at. And they were not very far from Rainylabor, only 3 quest menu tiles north, 3 east. The Walls of Copper is an extensive range and had Num not found them in the local vicinity, he would have washed his hands of it, as they would have been some other hillock's problem.

The ettin and the brush titan are attached to open regions that would require world map tile by tile canvasing to find (there's no dialed-in method for revealing either site), so Num asked for directions. Like he guessed, they were far away, about 10-15 quest menu tiles north.

When sifting through the legends of a hidden history world, what's known is scant.
Wur and Aro register on Rainylabor and on local hillocks, and while Bese the ettin has struck down quite a few dwarves, nothing has happened nearby. Not willing to check Senre though as that would reveal its type of attack. Better to find out through a scout of its shrine.
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1104