Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102753 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13755 on: February 23, 2017, 01:38:34 am »

Would the person behind masterwork dwarf fortress please give me advice
Get better result by asking in Masterwork DF sub-forum.

Escu Iceskom was the hearthperson of a forgettable noblewoman who sent him off to kill Vesh Tunneledbury, the monster of evil. Turns out, there were two others, and in the scuffle they all ended up crippled and on the ground. Escu found it within himself to keep fighting after his feet and legs were completely mutilated, and in a rush of bronze, he lopped off all of their heads in quick succession. He gathered up their heads to present to his lady and began the half-a-day journey back to his town

But while crawling back, he had to cross a river. The current was a mite more violent that he thought it would be, and he ended up splitting his head open on a carp

All in all, a good start

Indeed. Can never go wrong with the greatest of grapplers (night trolls) and the most legendary of fish.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: February 23, 2017, 01:44:16 am »

Apparently my body was impaled on a spike, but... When I went back to the scene of my death, my skeleton was just sitting in the grass? Did they impale my flesh on a spike?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: February 23, 2017, 02:59:59 am »

My Ent, a modded tree person, went on a killing spree after a bandit cut off my arms. Ents are a little taller and larger than humans, and can be taken down with a punch, but can do tremendous damage. My Ent killed 22 people, and a cheetah that bum rushed me. By the time he died. All he was was a walking torso. He also made everyone's head explode, so there is something fun, and could collapse lungs in one hit, and made things fly all the time.
To the beer!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: February 23, 2017, 09:43:48 am »

Half the damn night figuring that shit out, studied how timeouts and shit work, experimented with the delays, forgot that you can't open the quest log while resting so that kept crashing the game, figured out that a 15 frame timeout is enough to dismiss a quest log, take a step in travel mode, and open a new quest log.

I was pretty happy about just getting it to a point where it failed gently if you used it outside of travel mode, and then I ran into the "fuck, why am I in the northwest corner?" bug and started trying to fix it.

In the process I accidentally made the script work even if you're not in travel mode the first time, and then fucked it up briefly and had to roll it way back to figure out what I had even done.

Still, there it is, it works, works if you're stranded in a dark fortress, works if you're in travel mode in the middle of nowhere.

It
Fucking
Works!

Code: (questport.lua) [Select]
local gui=require 'gui'
local qp=df.global.gview.view.child
local qmap=dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen()
local qarm=df.global.world.armies.all
if df.viewscreen_adventure_logst:is_instance(qmap) then
local qx=qmap.cursor_x*48
local qy=qmap.cursor_y*48
local rx=qmap.player_region_x*48
local ry=qmap.player_region_y*48
df.global.ui_advmode.unk_1=qx
df.global.ui_advmode.unk_2=qy
if df.global.ui_advmode.menu==0 then
gui.simulateInput(qp.child,'LEAVESCREEN')
df.global.ui_advmode.menu=26
df.global.ui_advmode.travel_not_moved=true
gui.simulateInput(qp,'CURSOR_DOWN')
dfhack.timeout(15,'frames',function()
gui.simulateInput(qp,'A_TRAVEL_LOG') end)
-- print('Ready to teleport!') end)
elseif df.global.ui_advmode.menu==26 then
for k,v in ipairs(qarm) do
if v.flags[0] then
local my_arm=df.global.world.armies.all[k].pos
if (rx~=qx or ry~=qy) then do
my_arm.x=qx
my_arm.y=qy
qmap.player_region_x=qmap.cursor_x
qmap.player_region_y=qmap.cursor_y
     end
end
    end
end
    end
end

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13759 on: February 23, 2017, 09:47:04 am »

I just threw a crossbow bolt at a blood elf bandit's head, chipping his skull and causing the bolt to get lodged in his head, then I grabbed the bolt, pulled it out, and jammed it in his skull again (not by throwing this time).

Also my companion is attacking me for some reason. I have no idea why.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: February 23, 2017, 09:57:07 am »

Probably scared of you, look at it from their point of view.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13761 on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:09 am »

I talked him down from fighting actually - he mentioned the name of one of the bandits I killed. I guess he was family or something? No idea, I let him go though out of respect.

Gotta say, interaction attacks that add emotions are really strong though - this all is a test to see how my Sirens fare with their cursed songs before I put out the next modpack update.

I used a song that inflicts sadness, amongst other things, on targetted creatures - another bandit who heard it almost immediately dropped to his knees in fear afterward (had the blue exclamation mark flashing over him). Didn't even attempt to fight.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: February 23, 2017, 10:08:24 am »

Yeah, I assume you used over 100 on the strength of the emotions right?

Also, Rummy dearest, what is the flag you flipped to allow travel out of dark fortresses?

If you pop in to one and don't try to travel out normally you can questport out no prob, but I found as I was trying to demonstrate for the missus why I was so excited that if you DO get the "you cannot travel blah" message up then you're stuck there.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13763 on: February 23, 2017, 10:50:57 am »

I used 1000 on the emotion strength.

Also holy crap - just had a massive marketplace fight with a priest who had been turned into a greed incarnation - before assuming that form he apparently gained a blessing of strength too.

He actually killed enough people to get a title from it. While he did cast a sedating spell on me, he ultimately didn't attack me that much, only focusing on incoming merchants and mercs - by the end all of his body parts were red and his guts were spilled.

I was actually goofing around during the fight looking for a weapon that would kill him instantly from a blow to the head when my khorium cutlass proved ineffective. Ultimately the blow that gave me kill-credit was a stab with a copper fork to the head.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13764 on: February 23, 2017, 11:21:38 am »

I used a song that inflicts sadness, amongst other things, on targetted creatures - another bandit who heard it almost immediately dropped to his knees in fear afterward (had the blue exclamation mark flashing over him). Didn't even attempt to fight.

Ooh yiss. What happens if you use 1000 anger?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13765 on: February 23, 2017, 11:34:50 am »

The world has been taken over by criminal gangs of birdmen.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13766 on: February 23, 2017, 11:40:22 am »

No idea - I'd imagine it'd increase the chance of them getting enraged?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13767 on: February 23, 2017, 12:00:22 pm »

Yes I am aware of your minecart shenanigans. However, I'm just a lowly vampire necromancer wearing an iron mail shirt, not an artifact-adamantine-clad dragon-dwarf with steel bones.

I got going so fast, when I hit a wall, I traveled over two map tiles. AND LIVED
Oh, I was actually just linking the two posts because a minecart is a good way to get lots of liquid into a backpack, and atm I've been playing with steel clad samurai weeb dorfs with steel bones trying to get them working right.

Skidding and sliding and being able to stand up is hilariously fun.
I know what you meant, I was referring to your shenanigans skidding around in elven libraries and such.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: February 23, 2017, 02:11:38 pm »

Ah yes, those were heady times, before I had gotten tired of goblin scholars turning every library into a "bite each other to death" fest and removed kill_neutral:required.

No idea - I'd imagine it'd increase the chance of them getting enraged?
Lots of "I am overcome with anger!" type stuff, don't notice much increase of being enraged though, but I haven't set out to test it either.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: February 23, 2017, 06:13:16 pm »

When an asterisk (either non-sentient animal recruit or sentient bandit) decides to linger, you realize it may never move on.

In one past run there was an alligator recruit who had come to town. My character moved to another tavern to avoid having to kill it. The thinking was, it's an animal that can't open doors. When that character returned to the first tavern (to pick up some bolts he dropped) via fast travel, he noted the asterisk and again hoped to avoid it. When the game reloaded in slow travel mode, the alligator recruit was inside the tavern. So it seemed this was an offload/reload problem with fast travel map/slow travel map, but area's offload/reload in slow travel mode too.

Trying to drive a unit away, whether it's an animal recruit or bandit, has a mixed success rate. The hard cases rejoin the encounter no matter what.

It seemed Buriedpeak the sasquatch had settled into linger/loiter mode in hillock Rainylabor. In their first encounter, Num delivered a sound beating designed to minimize lethal damage, but enough to cause Buriedpeak to flee.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately Buriedpeak doesn't flee far enough. She moves away from Num and feels danger has been averted. Problem isn't so much she's not leaving, but that she might spawn in a mound like the horse recruit who somehow managed to access a floor hatch in two different sublevel mounds. Well, at least everyone likes this horse:

If the game hadn't deposited the sheriff position on Num, he might have been able to ignore her.
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1104