Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102812 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13740 on: February 22, 2017, 12:23:55 am »

Is that red the stain you dorf left on impact?
Nah, the impact isn't that harsh, and I was testing different weapons and such, that was one of the other castes I had added to test if the steel bone replacement worked right and I think it did too!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13741 on: February 22, 2017, 12:06:15 pm »

so lesson learn, if you start as a werebeast folks will attack you on sight, but also since you did nothing wrong will cause those folks to be unhinged and be attacked by their comrades leading to a huge brawl.

edit: so good thing one can bypass the whole being a dangerous beast and aggro checks by blinding the person, cause now I got some poor soul name ozu who I ask to be my companion after biting his eyes out and now built a 4x4 floor with a zone designated for him to wait in, forever.
then I told a tale about how I inflicted the weretortoise curse on him while he already transformed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:48:58 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kitsune

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13742 on: February 22, 2017, 03:01:47 pm »

so lesson learn, if you start as a werebeast folks will attack you on sight, but also since you did nothing wrong will cause those folks to be unhinged and be attacked by their comrades leading to a huge brawl.

edit: so good thing one can bypass the whole being a dangerous beast and aggro checks by blinding the person, cause now I got some poor soul name ozu who I ask to be my companion after biting his eyes out and now built a 4x4 floor with a zone designated for him to wait in, forever.
then I told a tale about how I inflicted the weretortoise curse on him while he already transformed.

Does this mean we can have were beast companions without needing more than one adventurer?
Hello I'm insane!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13743 on: February 22, 2017, 05:46:18 pm »

Does this mean we can have were beast companions without needing more than one adventurer?
uhh as soon as I did this in trying to return an emu turn werebeast back to the camp the old companion just up and walk out and started chasing me.
so uhh remember to re-blind them or to build a hyper bunker box than leaving them in the open.
went on to find an elf werelizard and got that beast to follow me via blinding the eyes and just binding them to my will via demonic name knowing dfhackery.
sadly this doesn't stop them from breaking the pact if they feel like risking banishment.
kinda weird playing a beast that turns others into werebeasts. also super confirmed that if you give any creature can speak and can learn via syndromes they open up to being cursed into becoming a werebeast so if you see a talking cat and the moon is full.

run.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13744 on: February 22, 2017, 06:20:51 pm »

Werecat requires more milk than regular cat, as well as a larger laptop for naps.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13745 on: February 22, 2017, 06:27:32 pm »

God dammit, this one vamp has killed three of my adventurers! A drunk by day, a lung stabber by night...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13746 on: February 22, 2017, 07:25:12 pm »

Num passes 10 ticks at a time in a one of Rainylabor's sub-level mounds listening in on conversations. It's an unobtrusive way to glean info about ongoings without having to talk (one imagines Num's a Finnish dwarf). It doesn't replace the info gotten from direct conversation, but it helps to fill out the picture in an elliptical fashion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Overheard news of who became expedition leader doesn't make it to Num's events page. The last significant event was crossing paths with the sasquatch Buriedpeak, who Num sidestepped on the outskirts of Rainylabor.

While passing the time it seems not everyone has written off the murder of Thob Inktempts as a "good scrap."
As sheriff, Num's gladdened as gem setter Meng Anvilraptors hasn't forgotten a sense of justice.

Interestingly enough, Num's known both Thob Inktempts and Rigoth Smithtrail all his life.
When a character witnesses the death of a traveling companion, you'd see in the "express your emotions" menu that your character is struggling with grief. Num never saw the murder, but he did see Thob's corpse.
Checking the "express your emotions" menu indicates no register of grief. It almost feels like it never happened.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:26:48 pm by peasant cretin »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13747 on: February 22, 2017, 07:45:40 pm »

Huh, you can fill a quiver with 20 water. Didn't realize I had until I couldn't put my dagger in it. So how much water does a backpack hold?

one imagines Num's a Finnish dwarf
Seem unlikely if he's close enough to hear them.

When a character witnesses the death of a traveling companion, you'd see in the "express your emotions" menu that your character is struggling with grief. Num never saw the murder, but he did see Thob's corpse.
Checking the "express your emotions" menu indicates no register of grief. It almost feels like it never happened.
I had a character that felt - something, I forget what, horror maybe - about witnessing the death of the first couple of night trolls he killed. But then didn't seem to feel anything with any more night troll kills. I assumed he got inured to that.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:52:18 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13748 on: February 22, 2017, 08:24:40 pm »

Huh, you can fill a quiver with 20 water. Didn't realize I had until I couldn't put my dagger in it. So how much water does a backpack hold?
A bag of infinite holding a backpack I think holds 50 units. Odd, since an actual bag can hold 100.

one imagines Num's a Finnish dwarf
Seem unlikely if he's close enough to hear them.
I guess he's Swedish then?

I had a character that felt - something, I forget what, horror maybe - about witnessing the death of the first couple of night trolls he killed. But then didn't seem to feel anything with any more night troll kills. I assumed he got inured to that.
Pretty sure horror will only register once in the express emotions menu. Whether he "no longer cares about anything anymore" can only be confirmed if you retired that character to your fort and read his thoughts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13749 on: February 22, 2017, 08:48:34 pm »

My current legendary adventurer found a steel minecart in a bandit camp.

Dear god these things are fun. I have killed six people with this thing, two of them myself in other tangents of reality. I have hit people so hard they exploded. I love this game!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13750 on: February 22, 2017, 09:41:09 pm »

A minecart can hold something like 833 units of liquid normally, I modded them to have an increased capacity, I think pushing it up to 175000 is enough that you can get 2913 units of water which will then make 7/7 when emptied.

You can push that value way up if you want, simply adding a zero to the default 50000 capacity with gm-editor, hack-wishing a puddle of mead, filling the cart with it, and picking up the booze with both hands full does:

A backpack can literally hold infinite water, but you won't be able to move unless you're a ghost.
My current legendary adventurer found a steel minecart in a bandit camp.

Dear god these things are fun. I have killed six people with this thing, two of them myself in other tangents of reality. I have hit people so hard they exploded. I love this game!
One of us! One of us!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13751 on: February 22, 2017, 10:52:32 pm »

Yes I am aware of your minecart shenanigans. However, I'm just a lowly vampire necromancer wearing an iron mail shirt, not an artifact-adamantine-clad dragon-dwarf with steel bones.

I got going so fast, when I hit a wall, I traveled over two map tiles. AND LIVED

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13752 on: February 22, 2017, 11:37:13 pm »

One hell of an adventure.  And to top it all off with how much I missed out on,

Would the person behind masterwork dwarf fortress please give me advice
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Tyjid

• Bay Watcher
  • I once killed myself on a carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13753 on: February 23, 2017, 01:19:19 am »

Escu Iceskom was the hearthperson of a forgettable noblewoman who sent him off to kill Vesh Tunneledbury, the monster of evil. Turns out, there were two others, and in the scuffle they all ended up crippled and on the ground. Escu found it within himself to keep fighting after his feet and legs were completely mutilated, and in a rush of bronze, he lopped off all of their heads in quick succession. He gathered up their heads to present to his lady and began the half-a-day journey back to his town

But while crawling back, he had to cross a river. The current was a mite more violent that he thought it would be, and he ended up splitting his head open on a carp

All in all, a good start
I'm not sure being slapped around by a slab of metal on a lever being bad for your spine is the game's worst sin on the realism front.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13754 on: February 23, 2017, 01:33:15 am »

Yes I am aware of your minecart shenanigans. However, I'm just a lowly vampire necromancer wearing an iron mail shirt, not an artifact-adamantine-clad dragon-dwarf with steel bones.

I got going so fast, when I hit a wall, I traveled over two map tiles. AND LIVED
Oh, I was actually just linking the two posts because a minecart is a good way to get lots of liquid into a backpack, and atm I've been playing with steel clad samurai weeb dorfs with steel bones trying to get them working right.

Skidding and sliding and being able to stand up is hilariously fun.
Pages: 1 ... 915 916 [917] 918 919 ... 1104