Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2103985 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13440 on: January 01, 2017, 03:21:26 pm »

I would've loved to hold up people trying to cross the bridge, too. ;w;
I mean you can do that via beating them up and getting them to yield and demand their weapon andcoin purse. everything else is off limits also you go down in legend mode for stealing from folks and be called a bandit by others who know of your infamy.

that said they could just not use the "gonna get rob" bridge and swim across the river.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: January 01, 2017, 03:27:12 pm »

I mean you can do that via beating them up and getting them to yield and demand their weapon andcoin purse. everything else is off limits also you go down in legend mode for stealing from folks and be called a bandit by others who know of your infamy.

that said they could just not use the "gonna get rob" bridge and swim across the river.

Yeah, but I can't MAKE them pay the troll toll. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: January 01, 2017, 04:53:18 pm »

Twin notes to self: Save every time you make any sort of progress, and always keep an ally by your side, even when building your site.

Just lost a great set-up to bogeymen and had to refinish that mission I was doing before building my fort.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: January 01, 2017, 06:06:10 pm »

And that is why I gen worlds with boogeymen disabled. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: January 01, 2017, 06:43:40 pm »

Bah! Just have to account for them. As long as you have at least one friend at your side, they won't form.

It's only been a few days, week tops, since I founded my site. I'm already on the third level fighting platform and working through it. Most of the site still has trees on it, including most of the inside of the walls, so I should have no issues finishing those with the on-site wood. The keep is another question but I'll answer it after the walls are completely done.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: January 01, 2017, 06:46:13 pm »

I just use DFHack to kill them all, when they show up.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: January 01, 2017, 07:28:50 pm »

Might as well turn them off if you're going to do that. It would be less risky and action intensive.

In the meantime, I've nearly completed the wall. I've got my companions doing the building while I do the tree cutting. I've got less than three hundred logs to go before it's done. Which is almost when you're dealing with four stories of work.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: January 01, 2017, 07:33:24 pm »

Glorious. Meanwhile, I've seen scouring the various evil regions trying to find one with some fun mist. I haven't seen an evil cloud in ages! D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: January 01, 2017, 07:48:31 pm »

I've cut down the trees for the wall, just gotta wait for it to finish being built. Bottom two stories are straight wall. Third story is a fortified overhang with arrowslits. Fourth story is a roof over it to avoid upward dodging. Next'll come the keep, which will be an easier job once I actually design it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: January 01, 2017, 07:52:36 pm »

Fighting a lesser dragon that was in my way when I sought the evil mountains. It BIT my teeth out. I hammered it into a crippled mess, but turns out kicking it in the head was better for knocking it unconscious than my big-ass, skull-cracking hammer.

EDIT: Zombie lesser dragon! D:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 08:10:40 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: January 01, 2017, 08:15:01 pm »

XD Was that a necromancer nearby or are you in an evil biome with resurrecting properties?

There's only four logs left to complete the wall and I've already designated the keep's shell. I already have enough logs to build the shell, too, so I can sleep and work on cutting down enough for the innards I'll put in when the shell's done. I might take and post pics when I'm done.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: January 01, 2017, 08:20:09 pm »

XD Was that a necromancer nearby or are you in an evil biome with resurrecting properties?

I've been sampling all the world's evil regions, when I set it to a high amount of evil regions, while still allowing some civs to exist.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: January 01, 2017, 08:43:59 pm »

I've finally cut enough trees down to finish the full fortress now. Probably cut down one or two more for furniture wood, but otherwise I'll be parking my ass inside the keep and helping with the work. Bottom level will be a tavern with a thirty tile stock room. Second floor is an inn, and third level is my personal space for storage and reaction work.

The space between the outer walls and the keep is nineteen tiles wide. Plenty of space for temples and a library if I so choose. Thanks to Adventurecraft, I don't have to raid other libraries for writing supplies. I just have to find the right plants.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: January 01, 2017, 08:45:50 pm »

Lptop is  piece of shit nd the "" key stops working every so often. I now cn't ttck becuse this key is  motherfucker.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: January 01, 2017, 08:59:56 pm »

Rebind it, for  bit.
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1104