Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104154 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13410 on: December 31, 2016, 08:17:53 pm »

With adventurecraft I only need the armor and weapons, at most.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13411 on: December 31, 2016, 08:18:22 pm »

I tried out some of Adventurecraft this morning. Made a small world, humans were dead, played an outsider. Not doing that again. Not the Adventurecraft part, just the outsider part.

I will probably recreate my character for both warrior and bard work.

It's still fun going from complete nudity to wearing the bones and skin of great beasts. Sadly you can't claim sites you build, but right now that's prone to crashing anyway.

Starting in a goblin site however is Fun.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: December 31, 2016, 09:07:32 pm »

It's tricky but not impossible to insert the right references to make yourself part of a civ so you can claim and such properly.

As for falls, minecarts do absorb a lot of the impact, but therein lies the rub: they are very likely to bounce into you, especially when you try to jump out.

In my adventure right now I got the last few bugs worked out with my civ changes and found an elf prisoner who had elves that lived in a dwarf fort with proper dwarven names and grabbed her nemesis number to make her a retired adventurer, retired the dummygob I made so I could locate her easier, and after unretiring her I wandered down into hell before dropping the spire on everyone inside it.

There are pages of "crushed under a falling ceiling" and it's taken most of an hour waiting for the rubble and corpses and stunned goblins to finish falling before I construct a site to save it like this.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: December 31, 2016, 09:30:05 pm »

It's tricky but not impossible to insert the right references to make yourself part of a civ so you can claim and such properly.

How do you even. Lemme guess, DFHack sorcery?

As for jumping...I've jumped forward and failed to get hit, actually. It seems like if you're going fast enough, by the time you land the minecart is already ahead of you. :v
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13414 on: December 31, 2016, 10:08:11 pm »

I rolled with an inhuman character. A tigerman, to be exact. A hearthperson for the local hamlet. This time, instead of charging headlong into site building, I rolled with actually BEING a hearthperson. My first mission was to kill a Brush Titan that turned out to be a giant hairy snake with deadly spit and a long, jointed trunk. I killed the fucker after a long battle in which I hammered his chest head and neck until he suffocated. And then I made a helmet of his skull and armor from his scales. Even decorated the armor with his tooth. I'm working on a quiver and I'll eventually put my throwing skills to use with throwing spears.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: December 31, 2016, 10:15:16 pm »

I rolled with an inhuman character. A tigerman, to be exact. A hearthperson for the local hamlet. This time, instead of charging headlong into site building, I rolled with actually BEING a hearthperson. My first mission was to kill a Brush Titan that turned out to be a giant hairy snake with deadly spit and a long, jointed trunk. I killed the fucker after a long battle in which I hammered his chest head and neck until he suffocated. And then I made a helmet of his skull and armor from his scales. Even decorated the armor with his tooth. I'm working on a quiver and I'll eventually put my throwing skills to use with throwing spears.

Noice. Don't forget to save it's heart.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: December 31, 2016, 10:37:21 pm »

D'oh! >.< It's out there waiting to be claimed. I don't have a pot yet, or a flask.

ETA: Also, just took out a lesser dragon and am working toward a new set of high boots out of his scales before turning in the quest report.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13417 on: December 31, 2016, 10:58:52 pm »

D'oh! >.< It's out there waiting to be claimed. I don't have a pot yet, or a flask.

Pots at least are easily made from stone or metal. Note that "flask" also means waterskin or vial.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: December 31, 2016, 11:18:34 pm »

Oh thank god. I can do waterskins when I kill some things. Currently battling a full sized dragon.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: December 31, 2016, 11:20:59 pm »

I kinda wish the description thing worked for individual recipes, not just categories. Then I could give more in-game recipe info.

For now...I forgot my bronze minecart! D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13420 on: December 31, 2016, 11:29:41 pm »

I keep having to savescum because of this fucking dragon. First time he melted me. Second time he took off my hammer hand. Grr.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: December 31, 2016, 11:33:04 pm »

I keep having to savescum because of this fucking dragon. First time he melted me. Second time he took off my hammer hand. Grr.

Always have a shield on hand, and aim for the neck if you can. Or pop two feet out from under them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: December 31, 2016, 11:42:51 pm »

Working on it. Shields help when there isn't metal shit lying around to get melted down in combat.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: December 31, 2016, 11:52:43 pm »

Ah right. It might be possible to use the dodge-bap exploit to at least lure the dragon away from all the wonderful meltable stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13424 on: January 01, 2017, 12:16:56 am »

I lucked out eventually. Nailed the bastard in the neck and paralyzed his legs with it. He stayed down and fought in place mostly while we took turns bashing and stabbing til one of my companions dealt the deathblow. And after some shifting things around, I now have a waterskin full of Draconic Fury!
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1104