Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104189 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13380 on: December 28, 2016, 03:08:32 am »

Apparently wild can do even more damage, but I don't use it often given how long it takes.
According to peasant cretin's data, wild is actually slightly faster (-1+2=+1 vs 1+1=+2) than heavy. I would have to assume wild takes a hit to accuracy to compensate. The only benefit precise could have over standard would be an increase in accuracy.

I was thinking quick and heavy might change accuracy slightly, but it now seems unlikely with the given momentum values.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:18:38 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: December 28, 2016, 08:06:22 pm »

So I rolled a new world. And checking legends, found a world gen fortress, which had been destroyed by an FB. And I checked the reclaim screen, and it was on a nice place, so I decided to reclaim it. But last time I tried that, I found out the world gen dwarves had pierced the candy cane, somehow. (its been 4 times this has happened to me already, on different worlds.)

So, not wanting to run any risks, I rolled a brown recluse spider man demigod in a nearby fort. Why spider man? Because the FB was a chubby spider with scales, a trunk and a venom-dripping bite. And spider fBs have webbing. And spidermans have no problem walking through webs.

After training a while my fighting skills punching giant turtle shells with all my fists, I went to the fortress. Got to the bottom, found no breach to the caverns, or the circus. Started searching the bedrooms, and I found it on the workshops!

I started stabbing it with my sword on the head/thorax thing spiders have. I could barely tear the scale. And I spent a lot of time like that, blocking kicks with my many shields, slashing at legs when a good opportunity arose, dodging charges... And I was getting tired. And suddenly I see that the head/thorax was very open... for a punch.

So I punched the scaly trunked spider FB on the face. And you know what?

The cephalothorax collapsed in a lump of gore.

I carried the thing's corpes upstairs, butchered it, put some of the meat into the barrels forgotten at the tavern, and then considered what would be the best way to go.

So, his mission complete, and knowing full well the dwarves that would soon come to reclaim this place would no doubt carve these now empty halls with images of his unbound bravery and socks, the lone brown recluse spider man walked to the bottom of the fortress, to the smelter level, gazed at the walls in which he would live forever a hero, and jumped down into the great magma sea, for he could not live knowing he had taken the life of another of his eight legged kind, even if it had an elephant's trunk on its face and scales.

He became one with the mountain's blood, dwarvenkind's best friend, singing a song about his shame.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: December 29, 2016, 08:05:01 am »

So I rolled a new world. And checking legends, found a world gen fortress, which had been destroyed by an FB. And I checked the reclaim screen, and it was on a nice place, so I decided to reclaim it. But last time I tried that, I found out the world gen dwarves had pierced the candy cane, somehow. (its been 4 times this has happened to me already, on different worlds.)

So, not wanting to run any risks, I rolled a brown recluse spider man demigod in a nearby fort. Why spider man? Because the FB was a chubby spider with scales, a trunk and a venom-dripping bite. And spider fBs have webbing. And spidermans have no problem walking through webs.

After training a while my fighting skills punching giant turtle shells with all my fists, I went to the fortress. Got to the bottom, found no breach to the caverns, or the circus. Started searching the bedrooms, and I found it on the workshops!

I started stabbing it with my sword on the head/thorax thing spiders have. I could barely tear the scale. And I spent a lot of time like that, blocking kicks with my many shields, slashing at legs when a good opportunity arose, dodging charges... And I was getting tired. And suddenly I see that the head/thorax was very open... for a punch.

I carried the thing's corpes upstairs, butchered it, put some of the meat into the barrels forgotten at the tavern, and then considered what would be the best way to go.

So, his mission complete, and knowing full well the dwarves that would soon come to reclaim this place would no doubt carve these now empty halls with images of his unbound bravery and socks, the lone brown recluse spider man walked to the bottom of the fortress, to the smelter level, gazed at the walls in which he would live forever a hero, and jumped down into the great magma sea, for he could not live knowing he had taken the life of another of his eight legged kind, even if it had an elephant's trunk on its face and scales.

He became one with the mountain's blood, dwarvenkind's best friend, singing a song about his shame.
oh sweet you replace one beast with a ghost spider man to forever haunt the lands until someone remembers their name and etch it in stone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: December 29, 2016, 09:25:32 am »

http://www.livescience.com/7555-creepy-cannibalism-female-spiders-eat-mates.html

That spider would have eaten you anyway. Your weird sense of honor, that never would have even occurred to many real spiders, did nothing more than deprive your fortress of a potential badass warrior you could have enticed into the tavern and accepted a petition from.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: December 29, 2016, 12:33:33 pm »

oh sweet you replace one beast with a ghost spider man to forever haunt the lands until someone remembers their name and etch it in stone.

You know, if he's just one of those ghosts that linger the place where they died, I'll just leave him be.
Heck, wonder if I can play as him once he comes back.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

swimmerdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: December 29, 2016, 01:42:15 pm »

Today I stumbled upon a necromancer in a camp and happened to take a slab from him and learned !FUN! secrets. My only problem is now, where should I store this thing for safe keeping, hmm...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: December 29, 2016, 02:36:34 pm »

Today I stumbled upon a necromancer in a camp and happened to take a slab from him and learned !FUN! secrets. My only problem is now, where should I store this thing for safe keeping, hmm...

Safe keeping? Pbbbt. Get writing materials, write manuals, fill every library you find with them. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: December 29, 2016, 03:18:56 pm »

I'd be more worried about your abilities. They won't rust anymore, but they won't get better either.
That's why necromancers never improve their writing, no matter how many books they write, right?

swimmerdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: December 29, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »

I'd be more worried about your abilities. They won't rust anymore, but they won't get better either.
That's why necromancers never improve their writing, no matter how many books they write, right?

I believe there is still a bug in the current version that allows you to gain attributes as a necro and skill gain isn't affected by being a necromancer

swimmerdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: December 29, 2016, 03:40:06 pm »

Safe keeping? Pbbbt. Get writing materials, write manuals, fill every library you find with them. o3o

This actually sounds !FUN! I used the legends viewer and am off to try and write a book at every library (5 in my world) so anyone can check the book out for some !FUN! times. Wonder if this would create more necromancerso in the world if I were to simulate the world for a bit

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: December 29, 2016, 04:35:49 pm »

You know, if he's just one of those ghosts that linger the place where they died, I'll just leave him be.
Heck, wonder if I can play as him once he comes back.
no, the dead adventurers are removed from playable list if they came back.
this goes with resurrection long dead adventurers also. you have to dfhack adv swap to get them playable.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: December 29, 2016, 06:44:24 pm »

Seems like I should whip up a script for that, but I'm still waiting for ui_advmode to be found on linux 64 bit.

local ret = dfhackGuiGetSelectedUnit.general_refs
toss in an ipairs search for the general_ref_is_nemesisst line
set that as k
pull up df.global.world.nemesis.all[k].flags
set that as retflags
do retflags.isadventurer=true
do retflags.isretiredadventurer=true
end the right number of times
Pow, next time you check specific person they're in there.

As was said above, the no phys attribute gain tag is bugged, vamps and necromancers gain attributes normally.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: December 30, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »

Hmm. Rather saddened that blocks don't seem to be usable for building in fortress mode. Oh well. Instead I really should add minecart crafting to Adventurecraft. All this time I forgot to do so. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: December 30, 2016, 05:44:10 pm »

Meanwhile, I'm...not good at minecarts.

How do you even commit shenanigans without also pulping yourself?

EDIT: My corpse landed 27 tiles away from where it hit the target.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:49:58 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: December 30, 2016, 06:14:46 pm »

Reminds me of the time I tried crossing a frozen ocean in a minecart. I ended up hitting a block of raised ice, which launched my unrecognizable gristle lump of a corpse almost two map tiles from the collision.
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1104