Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104417 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13245 on: December 09, 2016, 11:20:49 am »

Uhh looks like you got quest to marry a demon. so far it seems the guy's forces have either all join the site while still holding ties to the leader, and or due to ethics are forced to attack other civilians.
would draw art of your success engaging with Tharumi webfiends the hood of Seduction. oh the task would be long and tiring both in game and out given you have to survive... a goblin tower known to chug even the super of computers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: December 09, 2016, 11:57:30 am »

The Hood of Seduction

You go and get that slab and you seduce that demon. Godspeed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: December 09, 2016, 01:30:00 pm »

Enjoy your new demon waifu.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: December 09, 2016, 03:51:12 pm »

Oh my.  :-*

I guess I am the chosen one from the town of Rostfenkadi to seduce and join the Master so our loving rule can restore our fallen town to greatness once again.

Rummaging through the mostly deserted town I got a *«*gold encrusted dress*»* and other fancy clothing to make myself look pretty for the Master. Mrs. Webfiends sounds so nice, or whatever his secret name is. Got some steel and iron armor and a silver morningstar as well which I suppose could come in useful. Now to train up some skills and maybe profane a temple (unless the Master wouldn't like that, demons should be... into that kind of thing, right?).

Funnily I became a worshipper of Mevus the "Brazen Witch" god of marriage, childbirth, torture and misery. Sounds like the kind of person that would be so brazen as to try to seduce the demon of the thousand year dark empire that has ravaged their town.

This world is a lot of fun.  :D

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: December 09, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »

Huehuehue. Meanwhile...

It took a lot of strikes. A lot of dodging. Even cleaving one of the tree monster's legs, it still stood and fought unhindered. Then the beast repaid me in kind.

Whole of my right leg lopped off by a massive claw, a branch contorted into a vague mockery of a hand. Somehow scrambling and stabbing persevered.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

Even with a crutch, I'm in no state to go slaying beasts. But there's one possible hope. The soul of a hydra.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: December 09, 2016, 04:27:08 pm »

Oh my.  :-*

I guess I am the chosen one from the town of Rostfenkadi to seduce and join the Master so our loving rule can restore our fallen town to greatness once again.

Rummaging through the mostly deserted town I got a *«*gold encrusted dress*»* and other fancy clothing to make myself look pretty for the Master. Mrs. Webfiends sounds so nice, or whatever his secret name is. Got some steel and iron armor and a silver morningstar as well which I suppose could come in useful. Now to train up some skills and maybe profane a temple (unless the Master wouldn't like that, demons should be... into that kind of thing, right?).

Funnily I became a worshipper of Mevus the "Brazen Witch" god of marriage, childbirth, torture and misery. Sounds like the kind of person that would be so brazen as to try to seduce the demon of the thousand year dark empire that has ravaged their town.

This world is a lot of fun.  :D
Huh, I figured for sure that you would only know about the vault because it was adjacent your site, does legends mention an event where the vault was discovered and became known?

Also: shades of Tool~Rosetta Stoned
Born to bear and read to all
The details of our ending
To write it down
For all the world to see
...but I forgot my pen
Shit the bed, again
Typical

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: December 09, 2016, 04:42:25 pm »

Add that to my list of derp songs I oughta listen to. :V

So, now I'm giving an ettin a bad time. While hopping around on one leg, holding a stone sword, wooden shield, and crutch.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: December 09, 2016, 07:31:31 pm »

I've had that "you must flee this doomed town" message before. But the vault and demon one? Now that's interesting. Out of curiosity, how do you start in a human tower? I've seen caves and camps as starting points, but never a tower.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: December 09, 2016, 07:51:24 pm »

Huh, I figured for sure that you would only know about the vault because it was adjacent your site, does legends mention an event where the vault was discovered and became known?
The vault is most definitely a long way away. I haven't found anything so far indicating how knowledge of the vault was dispersed, though I can't currently look at in-game legends, only the legendsviever xml dump.

I've had that "you must flee this doomed town" message before. But the vault and demon one? Now that's interesting. Out of curiosity, how do you start in a human tower? I've seen caves and camps as starting points, but never a tower.
The starting point is a town, the screenshot might look like a tower just because it shows the starting point in the citadel of the town when starting as a hearthperson just showing the central room.

My nooby level theory would be that this message only occurs when a demon-lead civ is the one attacking (and considering the supposed leader of the attack is dead, maybe they got killed underway but the rumor of their approach is still spreading). Though maybe that is too common if I am relatively unique in getting this in game message.

I'll try to investigate the vault tomorrow, and maybe the dark tower to try to reach my dear Master in the underworld spire if it is at all possible <3
It has over 10k goblins, trolls etc. so somehow I doubt the fps will be playable even with my above average patience.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:03:09 pm by LordKnows »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: December 09, 2016, 08:42:50 pm »

I've now slain a pair of ettins, but I'm at a loss for how I'm gonna be able to take on a hydra, as it's the only way I'll be regenerating limbs in this mod, since I don't think this mod generated any werebeasts.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: December 09, 2016, 09:26:25 pm »

I'll try to investigate the vault tomorrow, and maybe the dark tower to try to reach my dear Master in the underworld spire if it is at all possible <3
It has over 10k goblins, trolls etc. so somehow I doubt the fps will be playable even with my above average patience.

I once spent over an hour walking through a slade... Fortress? Dunno what it was. The place was full of goblins, trolls and beakdogs. All of them walking in and out. Through one-tile wide hallways. The place was fps hell.

After jumping through it all (seeing how goblins and trolls jumped off my flight path and slammed against slade walls hard enough to mangle multiple limbs and bruise their innards was fun, though.), I came face to face with a goblin lady. And the demon lord, a gerbil made of vomit.

Now this is the part I'll never forget. The lady said "I've awakened to the worthlessness of law. How pleasing!". The only other thing there was the demon. Had she been chatting with it? Goblins and demons don't die of old age, right? Like. Nobles get appointed for their social skills, right? Being good at manipulating with words and such, right? Could they had been talking for centuries? Is that why goblins do what they do? Because their nobles are corrupted by demons and the nobles in turn corrupt their subjects?

All those thoughts ran through my mind. So I came to the conclusion that I had to end this demon. I didn't pay enough attention and did 't see that it was a webbing demon.

So ends the tale of how I wasted near to one hour and a half going through a goblin slade citadel. Or dark fortress. Can't recall the name.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: December 09, 2016, 09:32:12 pm »

Learned the hard way you can't climb on SMR. I'm now a heroic naked bearman running around down in the circus.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: December 09, 2016, 09:52:53 pm »

Now this is the part I'll never forget. The lady said "I've awakened to the worthlessness of law. How pleasing!". The only other thing there was the demon. Had she been chatting with it? Goblins and demons don't die of old age, right? Like. Nobles get appointed for their social skills, right? Being good at manipulating with words and such, right? Could they had been talking for centuries? Is that why goblins do what they do? Because their nobles are corrupted by demons and the nobles in turn corrupt their subjects?
Elves are immortal, too, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUUdW2bTa3Y
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: December 09, 2016, 11:14:35 pm »

I've recruited two elves with the power of poetry. And made stone arrows for them. Got a gator bone bow for one, as wood won't be elf-kosher. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: December 10, 2016, 04:30:09 am »

Walked into a cave. Murdered a bunch of bandits.

Walked into a nearby hamlet. Murdered a bunch of bandits.

All this after visiting several bandit camps. And murdering all the bandits.

There are a lot of bandits
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1104