Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104445 times)

Remuluson

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:EDITING_TOO_MUCH:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13230 on: December 05, 2016, 12:15:51 pm »

I'm making an army of vampire elven girls. 8)
[ETHICS:FEAR_SOCKMASTRERS:REQUIRED]
[ETHICS:HAVING_TOO_MUCH_ETHICS:REQUIRED]

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: December 07, 2016, 02:56:51 pm »

yeah seems like my experiment didn't properly put the dwarf in the container section of the cup but in the special prison hold or something.
next time I probably should fill using a minecart amount of liquids to see if someone could drink themselves to death. well losing is fun and all and I sure didn't take in consideration the human would finish the drink and avoid eating the dwarf.
How'd you put the dwarf in the mug, anyway? I notice the dwarf wasn't in a cage. I thought the only way to put a living creature in a container, was a cage. does 'R'emoving it from a cage allow you to do that? next time try having the dwarf be in a container inside the mug.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: December 07, 2016, 07:18:11 pm »

Welp, been a while. I think I might run another adventure. Gimme suggestions. Fairly normal world? Monster Island? A similarly-infested Monster World, basically a pocket world that gives more to explore while still packed with monsters? Pure evil, or pure good? Tweak a world to teeter on the edge of civilization dying out, likely leaving only a few towns clinging to life?

Note that Monster Islands and Monster Worlds basically won't be playable in adventure mode without the mod I'm using. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: December 08, 2016, 02:12:35 am »

I went and created a monster world too. Set the world to generate 1200 combined mega and semimegabeasts. Gave me a world where the only three surviving civilizations are on an isolated landmass across the sea from the majority of the world. All of them vutchnell. Every other civilization is dead, excluding a couple towers.

Game crashed several times though. Think the file might be corrupt or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: December 08, 2016, 03:02:54 am »

Welp. I decided on an idea. Let me explain what's ensued.

The world is a clown-vomit mosaic of good, neutral, and evil regions. Megabeasts are all over the place. The elves are the only ones to have survived five years of this, while the goblins fell early on.

I am a nature-hating elf hunting a giant animated tree that's camped an hour's walk from the last hint of civilization in the realm. And I'm taking it on with what's basically a conglomereate macuahuitl, having discarded my wooden sword.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: December 08, 2016, 05:56:27 am »

yeah seems like my experiment didn't properly put the dwarf in the container section of the cup but in the special prison hold or something.
next time I probably should fill using a minecart amount of liquids to see if someone could drink themselves to death. well losing is fun and all and I sure didn't take in consideration the human would finish the drink and avoid eating the dwarf.
How'd you put the dwarf in the mug, anyway? I notice the dwarf wasn't in a cage. I thought the only way to put a living creature in a container, was a cage. does 'R'emoving it from a cage allow you to do that? next time try having the dwarf be in a container inside the mug.
gui/gm-editor > get id of item and unit > add latter to item.general_refs[k].general_ref_contains_unitst.id and add former to unit.general_refs[k].general_ref_contained_in_itemst.id and then I think it is just a matter of flipping the right flags.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: December 08, 2016, 11:43:35 am »

Might be common knowlege, but I had never seen this before. On starting a new adventure in a human town rather than the standard starting message, I was told an army is marching on this place and I need to escape, a bunch of dead goblins, but still some ruling humans around, and this:

Unfortunately the adventurer has no combat skills as I was just planning to write books in a retired fortress.

And what's this "uncover the true name of the monster", "wrested power from the underworld by invoking its true name" business. I see my adventurer can perform a story about the vault where a human god aided the devil Tharumi Webfiends in becoming a permanent part of the living world by pondering the ineffable subtleties of lies.

Neat stuff anyway.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: December 08, 2016, 11:45:29 am »

If you beat the vault, you get a slab. With possession of this slab, you can either kill the demon, take control of it. I've never heard of that message.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: December 08, 2016, 12:32:13 pm »

Wow. Holy shit, I've never seen that message occur before. Since I've never been able to get locals to mention a vault, maybe vault knowledge is very rarely obtained in worldgen, and this only occurs if the civ you start in becomes aware of the vault?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: December 08, 2016, 02:55:15 pm »

oh so the game doesn't care and will namedrop a demon at the start of someone's first adventurer then? good to know.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: December 08, 2016, 03:07:35 pm »

Well, notable about this demon is that he is the leader of the Goblin civ currently attacking the town (checked up in LegendsViewer). So less of a mysterious unknown devil Vault, and more of a "Dark Lord Sauron" figure I suppose. The game is basically giving my adventurer a quest to save my civilization due to the current circumstances.

That's what it looks like to me anyway. I think it's pretty cool.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: December 08, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »

Thing is, are you sure the namedrop is their actual name? They always go by a different name, same as with vampires. You'd have to get the slab to confirm whether this is a legit bug or local legends working exactly as expected.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: December 08, 2016, 08:52:40 pm »

Uh, does the vault show up on your nearby locations by any chance?

I had a hamlet that was engaged in a property dispute with a vault in one world, the vault was still within the "zoomed in local map" view in travel mode, right beside the edge of the hamlet.

I think this is a case where the vault should be right around (t)here somewhere AND you're getting sieged by the demon from that vault.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: December 09, 2016, 10:40:27 am »

The vault is actually half way around the world out in the blackness of otherwise unknown territory to my adventurer.

The devil himself (or the one going by that name, with both the creaton of the vault and being master of the goblin civ listed under him) is according to legendsviewer located in an underworld spire in the Dark Fortress of the goblin civ, which is closer, but still a few days travel away.

The vault is populated (and presumably defended) by servants (Assistants, Enforcers, and a "monster") of the god Maga who aided the devil in entering the living world.

I will definitely have to investigate now anyway. Will see if I can make a new warrior adventurer in the same place and get the same starting message. I've never tried entering a vault before though.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: December 09, 2016, 11:03:11 am »

Well, I got the same message. Here is the first part I didn't screenshot last time:

One clear indication things might be not as neat and un-buggy as I hoped here, the goblin which is supposedly leading the army marching on the town seems to be dead. Six years ago in fact. And when I ask the leader of the town about the devil Tharumi Webfiends, the answer is "It is Master".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:07:44 am by LordKnows »
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1104