Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104708 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13080 on: September 25, 2016, 03:51:50 pm »

so just recently tested this but my multi-limb spider-wagon can't physically hurt anything or anyone could physically attack my spider-wagon.
that said the spider-wagon could do range attacks and slam into others but can't connect an attack.

oh and you can get zombies to talk if you resurrect them with an interaction that grants them can speak and can learn.
but uhh finding a good way to re-kill your undead that wont damage them further is tricky.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13081 on: September 25, 2016, 06:28:26 pm »

My adventurer has discovered that she can learn the histories of her adversaries by carving figurines of them out of their own bones.  She has decided that an opponent is not worthy unless she runs out of unique figurines before she runs out of bones (edit: err... other way around).  I only wish I had thought to make her an elf since I gather that as a cannibal she could butcher sentient beings...

Fear begone... This does not bother me...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13082 on: September 25, 2016, 06:41:12 pm »

My adventurer has discovered that she can learn the histories of her adversaries by carving figurines of them out of their own bones.  She has decided that an opponent is not worthy unless she runs out of unique figurines before she runs out of bones (edit: err... other way around).  I only wish I had thought to make her an elf since I gather that as a cannibal she could butcher sentient beings...

Fear begone... This does not bother me...

uhh that not possible so you save yourself making an elf adventurer

edit: now I wonder is it possible to give a leadership role to any one.
like say make a mod that allows you to assign royalty then see if you can talk someone into taking the role king.
I wonder if i can assign a bogeyman to rule a civ.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 07:51:57 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13083 on: September 25, 2016, 08:23:48 pm »

Huh, I had pondered if the kingmaker position was possible but never checked actually.

The sapient thing though, yeah, that's why I use a reaction to remove [CAN_LEARN] temporarily before killing stuff I want to craft into gear.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13084 on: September 25, 2016, 09:10:49 pm »

Huh, I had pondered if the kingmaker position was possible but never checked actually.

The sapient thing though, yeah, that's why I use a reaction to remove [CAN_LEARN] temporarily before killing stuff I want to craft into gear.
going to be awkward to test as it means making loads of worlds
wonder what happens if you slap a bunch of duties on one position then make said position the one where you can assign a new kings or queens with?

edit: so it didn't work out like I had hope but it seems like by making monarchy appointed it lead to many events of beemen becoming kings/queens and most of them being wizards.
I probably should see if there a way to make it start on site creation.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:14:30 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13085 on: September 26, 2016, 05:00:09 am »

I'm doing some testing for my next mod release, and I came across this in a hamlet.

It's an entire company of kobold warriors (not vanilla ones) - there's atleast 2 or more on some of the tiles, and some are below and above as well. I like these odds.

EDIT: I died, obviously - I counted, and there were more than 50 kobolds in total. I went back there as another adventurer but they were gone - I'm wondering what the hell this was about. Gonna have to check in legends.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:47:37 am by ZM5 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13086 on: September 26, 2016, 12:47:07 pm »

Site militia probably, if the entity has local_banditry and allows killing neutral parties or considers you an enemy anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13087 on: September 26, 2016, 01:06:41 pm »

Site militia probably, if the entity has local_banditry and allows killing neutral parties or considers you an enemy anyway.
Considering I modded them to not be from cities, I doubt it - there were some harassment rumors I could pursue, so I guess they were bandits. I still don't really get where exactly they came from, and why they were gone afterwards.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13088 on: September 26, 2016, 04:45:40 pm »

Toady's tweak of bandit skill levels/gearing and such makes that more frequent I think. Had a few clumps of 20~50 weapon lord bandits lurking in a hamlet now.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13089 on: September 26, 2016, 05:38:13 pm »

Was testing in a 125 yr world to see if something newly added to item_tools would populate meadhall stashes yesterday (nope did not) and came across a roaming asterisk who happened to be a goblin axelord on patrol. My human adventurer just assumed that sub posture and they went their separate ways. It was nice to see even in an early world.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13090 on: September 26, 2016, 06:20:53 pm »

Oh jeeze, the ambush-square of death. I've only had that happen to me once, and god does it kill you fast.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13091 on: September 26, 2016, 06:27:47 pm »

The ambush square is best when its zombified with a mix of humanoid and forest critter. That was how I learned to never bump into an asterisk in hamlet/hilllock.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13092 on: September 26, 2016, 09:19:21 pm »

That sounds... Fun.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13093 on: September 26, 2016, 11:23:21 pm »

They've been a lot more common going from some of my older rare encounters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To the new hotness:

These are all criminal/bandit groups btw, several encountered in "getting ready to mug people" mode near the well in hamlets.

Sometimes it gets really weird though.

Oh come on, can't I just have the weapon lords back?

Then they followed me and it got weirder and weirder.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13094 on: September 27, 2016, 05:03:58 pm »

So, since I'm doing some tests for my Scourge race, I decided to do something stupid and went to the nearest dark pits to cull the fel orc population a bit. Everything was going fine for the most part - my lich and crypt lord buddies took care of them most of the time, and our force constantly expanded with ghouls, skeletons and regular zombies.

Of course, I just had to go into one of those circular rooms where all their animals congregate. I've never seen this many creatures on a singular tile.

So uhh, dunno how this will go, I'm expecting that I'll die painfully.

EDIT: Well, this is an unexpected development.
I came up close to where they'd see me, and uhh..
Spoiler: Combat logs (click to show/hide)
Everyone just started fighting each other. Fel orcs fighting with animals, geists and each other.

I have...no idea what's going on.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:20:20 pm by ZM5 »
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 1104