Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104752 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13035 on: September 11, 2016, 06:59:16 pm »

I found a group of zombie bandits who were apparently faking it, perhaps to make Ngoso feel better, they all went back to normal except him, and then yeah I found the one with the 360 gobbos and while they were freaking out he charged the horde.

Here's to you, Ngoso, a true zombro if ever there was one.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: September 11, 2016, 07:13:19 pm »

I find it amusing that many of the most badass people in the history of DF arose as the result of bugs.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: September 11, 2016, 08:12:14 pm »

I find it amusing that many of the most badassery in the history of DF arose as the result of bugs.
Fixed that for you.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: September 11, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »

The only true badass I've had was Atir Letmossaros, who slew a horrid rotting blood FB (or was it a titan, I wasn't as sure how to figure it out at the time) and was only discovered due to the cloud of miasma I found in the wagon tunnels, he died as I tried to figure out how to set up a hospital and such. All the other badassery instances I can think of have been silly stuff like Ngoso, the zombie goblin bandit with a heart of gold... did I mention he was nude?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: September 11, 2016, 09:52:41 pm »

The only true badass I've had was Atir Letmossaros, who slew a horrid rotting blood FB (or was it a titan, I wasn't as sure how to figure it out at the time) and was only discovered due to the cloud of miasma I found in the wagon tunnels, he died as I tried to figure out how to set up a hospital and such. All the other badassery instances I can think of have been silly stuff like Ngoso, the zombie goblin bandit with a heart of gold... did I mention he was nude?
I've seen a few instances of badassery.

In Bastiongate's infancy, a web-spitting mud humanoid titan was killed by a fire imp spearman who was a caravan guard. In the same fort Commander Ast killed the whole first goblin siege by himself - the rest of the military was afflicted by cave adaption and had already been killed. Mebzuth the Brewmeister killed a GCS with one punch. Baron Bastiongate killed a rutherer with his woodcutting axe, despite having no axedwarf skill. Many more events happened in that 57 years, but I can't think of them all right now.

In the Land of Omen (my pet world), the Knowing Mists, elves, were in the process of conquering the Satiny Realms, humans. So the Searing Confederacy, a second human nation, geared up for war. They met the elves at the aptly-named hamlet of Standfought and wiped out the whole army, halting the conquest. Analyzing the battle, I noticed all but a few elves near the beginning of the battle were killed by 'a human'. I choose to believe that it was a single unnamed human who killed all those elves. What an absolute legend.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: September 12, 2016, 01:26:48 am »

That reminds me I forgot about the crying batman who slaughtered hundreds of cavern critters with his fungiwood spear in one of my forts, at first I was happy he was keeping the populations under control but the miasma from all the corpses was thick enough to slow shit down, and the crying was just disturbing.

Also found a squad of the zombie bandits halfway across the map, there are literally dozens of asterisks roaming around the area where that camp was, through all the nearby hamlets, so I started a zombie apocalypse, woohoo!

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: September 13, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »

on my 5th or 6th peasant for the current world, this time the hamlet i started in has a huge mead hall (i counted 23 rooms on 4 levels)

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: September 13, 2016, 08:39:52 pm »

I'm currently building a hospital in fortress mode to retire injured adventurers to.  It will be defended entirely by mercenaries (apart from the obligatory militia captains).  KingKaol's post reminds me that I need to stock it with HUGE quantities of mead, because I'm sick of mead halls with no mead :-)  After that I will spin up an adventurer to go and find out why my civ is on the brink of collapse (apart from my fortress, the entire population appears to be 3).  I will fill my backpack with mead.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: September 14, 2016, 01:13:14 am »

I uh... I did something amazing and horrible, of all the things I've done that might qualify as a war crime, this is the one I would get hung for.

I remembered Rumrusher being frustrated that you can't build in hell, the game doesn't "see" lumber down there on the slade floor, and I've been playing worlds without a hell layer for a while. This world is my second with a hell layer and the one where I really got the hang of building inside/through volcano tubes with collapses and punching holes into caverns for access and such.

Then I crashed when my macro bumped me past a lava flow into open magma while dropping water so I figured I'd go poke around in the nearby dark fortress and see if there was anything interesting I could do.

Once I got down into hell I stepped just outside and tried to build, expecting to get the "you can not build here" message, but then the screen popped up.

I had no lumber and couldn't use it anyways, so I figured I'd try to deconstruct the walls beside me, which much to my amusement worked just fine.

...then I noticed I had all of the dark fortress visible in my campstruction memory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh, dang, I guess it didn't wo-"
I did it.

I killed a dark fortress. I killed the people inside. I killed the beak dogs. I opened up a direct route to hell. I didn't do it with axe or fist, I didn't do it one by one, I did it with engineering, and it is permanent.

I can't build anything there, I can't seal the hole, all I can do is walk away and ask myself a question: would it be right to leave the other fortress in this world intact?

...I think we all know the answer there.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: September 14, 2016, 11:10:57 am »

Now do it to a dorf fort as recompense for this atrocity. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: September 14, 2016, 02:39:37 pm »

I have them make towns because even the largest metropolis is less laggy than any world-gen fort.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: September 14, 2016, 03:00:43 pm »

I uh... I did something amazing and horrible, of all the things I've done that might qualify as a war crime, this is the one I would get hung for.

I remembered Rumrusher being frustrated that you can't build in hell, the game doesn't "see" lumber down there on the slade floor, and I've been playing worlds without a hell layer for a while. This world is my second with a hell layer and the one where I really got the hang of building inside/through volcano tubes with collapses and punching holes into caverns for access and such.
The issue is that you need to be on the surface to get access to the camp which mean having someone with good memory map out the hell layer then migrate back to the surface to start construction.
I wonder if those old temple ruins with engravings that continue to hell can be removed.

wait was that fort made with slade walls?
you might unearth a way for folks to Get the ebony adamantine, the DeathStrock, the Terminatore. the good stuff.
nice find max.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: September 14, 2016, 04:04:48 pm »

Yeah, it was all slade, the second one I tried to collapse had a broken hell layer connection so I just swam down into the magma and dropped a cart of water on a flow so I wasn't swimming for a tick, then did the deconstruction and dropped the spire.
The first one only listed deaths from people who said hi as I walked past.

The second one I couldn't get to hell so I went down through the bonepits until I found one open to the magma and started work while letting gobs migrate back inside the spire.
I am Daturtharnas, the Spireslayer.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:10:44 pm by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: September 14, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »

only in dwarf fortress where the only process to get slade is to move to hell and collapse the stuff under some demon house.
Max has finally completed the last bit needed to be a megabeast.
I really need to unscrew my modded savefile as resurrection kinda screwy in the only way you're getting revived is through sheer accident, and resurrection still crashes on tomb and temple skeletons.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: September 14, 2016, 04:26:11 pm »

Yeah, there's a bunch of furniture and stuff too, you can deconstruct all of it, I think it hung in place first time I tried because there were doors holding it up, so the second time I removed all the buildings too, and left the roof+top layer intact when dropping the rest.

KERTHUD

Totally should have caused a supernova or something, each slade boulder was like 20k Urists.

Uh, imgur is over capacity atm so I don't got pics up, but yeah... a town nearby came to mind because when I exited travel near a temple I saw "you have discovered a volcano" so I went over there, swam under the keep... and dropped the whole thing.

Almost feels like it needs a bug report because the game doesn't seem to notice when you destroy a structure like this, but unlike advfort it is permanent.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:18:19 pm by Max™ »
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1104