Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105003 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12855 on: August 10, 2016, 09:30:53 am »

How can I explore the ruins and expand on the legend that was my short lived Toyland if I can't get there!?!?!   :)   
Well, you could make another fort right next to it, retire it, then create a adventurer there.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12856 on: August 10, 2016, 11:21:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So... Well this happened. Had no idea it was even possible.

I still remember the time I gelded something with a rock salt sword. Fun.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12857 on: August 10, 2016, 11:39:42 am »

I still remember the time I gelded something with a rock salt sword. Fun.

Yeah, best thing about this though, is that the only way I could have got him in the geldables and the spleen is by impaling him vlad tepes style. Animal cruelty at it's best.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12858 on: August 10, 2016, 03:55:04 pm »

Well, I once found a bunch of elephants in a tree, so I cut it down, dropped them into the water, and then while up in another tree shot one elephant in the pond with a crossbow bolt, tearing the spine, and gelding them.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12859 on: August 10, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »

How can I explore the ruins and expand on the legend that was my short lived Toyland if I can't get there!?!?!   :)   
Well, you could make another fort right next to it, retire it, then create a adventurer there.

I did have the idea of Adventure Succession game where each player, after playing their adventurer, would be asked to make a Fortress that helped future Adventurers - to build bridges across rivers, set up frontier outposts on the edge of the wild areas, and sometimes just make a city in the middle of no where.  So the adventurers and the fortresses slowly civilized the world they were playing in.  Now that we can retire Fortresses it just seems like a cool idea.  Maybe I should try just making a tiny outpost and retiring that? 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12860 on: August 10, 2016, 09:16:02 pm »

That sounds nice!

I always thought about using the Adventure mode to scout out areas for a place to build a fortress.
For me it would be realistic, if the civ first sends scouts out to find rich areas to settle in.

Also as far as i know you can build in Adventure mode now too with, using wood and building a Cabin in the woods.
(Beware the Necronomicon!)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12861 on: August 11, 2016, 09:08:39 am »

You know what, I decided to heck with the wilds and searching for the ruins.    >:(

I am becoming a beach bard.  I will hunt for food on the beaches, pick fruits from the trees, and perform in the taverns.  I can turn in the butchered extra meat and skulls for coins to use for buying my booze when not reciting poetry.   ;D

And maybe, once I have the protect equipment, and a band, then I will go looking for the ruins.  But I doubt it.  I'm becoming a drunk, out-of-work, living off the land bum who likes to write poems and hang around in bars with his buddies.   :P

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12862 on: August 11, 2016, 10:57:26 am »

Why didn't somebody tell me that if the Tavern Keeper likes your performances that prices drop?  After only a few poems and one story the female tavern owner thinks I am 'delightful' and all mugs are now just a coin and she even dropped four coins off the price for a room. 

I made a bard like I planned too, nicknamed him Joxer, with the title of AxeBard.  Started in a major city, found some human equipment which I...m...borrowed and sold to the locals.  Then found and killed a wild boar in the woods (no crabs on the beach), selling the bones back in town to the bone carver.  Now I have two bags of coins (cooper and gold), a ton of boar meat, and found a tavern called the Spice of Breakfasts (which seems to been around about a hundred years and for some reason the name makes me think they should serve waffles), with other performers whose material I am learning about as I listen to them and a female Dwarf who owns it and thinks I am delightful.

Heck with relic hunting and ruins searching, I'm staying a bard!    ;D

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: August 11, 2016, 12:44:13 pm »

Well, I just genned a new world. And I found a couple tiny civs elf and human in the north of the map. These two civs have been at war for 295 years! Fighting 139 battles from year 5 to year 109, all of them were elven victories. However, after 109 the two civs settled into a cold war for the sole reason that there is nobody left in the elven civ to negotiate a truce and the humans don't seem interested in conquest. Presumably because the entire civ numbers just 236. With 134 of them being elves 54 dwarves and just 48 humans left. All of which live in the only town. I'm looking forward to a very interesting world for my Historian character.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12864 on: August 12, 2016, 12:07:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, I'm never leaving this tavern.   :)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: August 12, 2016, 01:21:42 pm »

Up until you drink all the booze, forget to use that bug to refill the barrels, and thus get run out of town by angry drunks.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12866 on: August 12, 2016, 02:29:04 pm »

Up until you drink all the booze, forget to use that bug to refill the barrels, and thus get run out of town by angry drunks.
What bug is that?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12867 on: August 12, 2016, 03:48:59 pm »

What bug is that?
The only one I can think of is emptying the barrel of the last unit of booze left, then refilling it from the spatter, which should refill it back to full.

That's how it works with waterskins anyway - if you dump your last unit of water out and refill it from the spatter, it gives you 3 units back.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12868 on: August 12, 2016, 03:55:58 pm »

Is there anyway to claim a abandoned building (house or shop) because....I have a LOT of coins I need to dump someplace safe.  And after wiping out a outlaw camp I know where I can get a lot more loot.  Need someplace to keep it.  Don't wish to dump it in my tavern room.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12869 on: August 12, 2016, 04:00:54 pm »

Can't claim singular buildings far as I'm aware - only entire towns/villages.
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 1104