Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105256 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12795 on: July 28, 2016, 03:27:35 pm »

I use a mix of that and Legends Viewer to find vaults.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: July 28, 2016, 03:35:54 pm »

I kind of like spamming "tell me about the surroundings" as it's an interesting/alternate path to finding out about sites and the occasional vault. But for vaults I tend to find them while canvasing an area looking for something else ie the local outcasts.

I used Legends Viewer a few times, ages ago, to try it. Just like using DFhack back in 34.11. Can be fun and useful.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: July 28, 2016, 05:53:06 pm »

I don't get to look for vaults because my specific campsite-under-drained-volcano-tubes fetish requires no hell layer. T.T

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: July 28, 2016, 06:21:26 pm »

New adventurer, this one a spearman. Off to a poor start - I killed a bandit chief in my hometown and now I'm a murderer.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: July 28, 2016, 07:02:45 pm »

I don't get to look for vaults because my specific campsite-under-drained-volcano-tubes fetish requires no hell layer. T.T

The vaults themselves aren't interesting, nor are its lvl 4, 6, and 11 denizens. I'm not a stuff/items player either. YMMV.

Your fetish is more worth the time IMO.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: July 28, 2016, 09:29:13 pm »

Yeah, but I miss having the random demon leaders heading out to a siege and one of my favorite adventure mode stories was finding a vault with little red angels in it, being unable to actually approach them for some reason, one finally gets close enough and I hit it, knocking the head right off easily... before it EXPLODES IN SUPERHOT FLAMES... wound up nearly bleeding to death from my fat melting off before I got back to the entrance and was able to cool off long enough to travel away.

Oh, world activation science for the curious: while I was building my cozy campsite, I started in early spring of 150, retired in late summer of 150, there were like a dozen sieges, several sites were taken over, a few sites were reclaimed, and an entirely new forest retreat was founded from scratch.

Sites and pops 150-01-01 at the bottom of the list:
Code: [Select]
458: Ithiamare, "The Golden Persuasions", lair
        1 roc
459: Zefon �st, "The Fountain of Fur", shrine
        1 hydra

Outdoor Animal Populations (Including Undead)

Sites and pops 150-05-27 at the bottom of the list:
Code: [Select]
459: Zefon �st, "The Fountain of Fur", shrine
        1 hydra
460: Osaltishis, "Songspiral", camp
        Owner: The Awe-inspiring Roar, dwarves
        lady: Ast Healedbusts, goblin
        1 human
        1 dwarf
        2 goblins
        1 dorf
        1 human outcast
        72 goblin outcasts
461: Fa�ileecu, "Spreadden", forest retreat
        Owner: The Snake of Telling, elves
        Parent Civ: The Sparkle of Fate, elves
        34 elves
        1 goblin
        88 goblin outcasts

Outdoor Animal Populations (Including Undead)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: July 29, 2016, 10:16:25 pm »

Further science!

We had people talking about what necromancers do before, right? Like if they actually siege and such outside of fort mode, the only thing I've seen was "the necromancer has sent some thugs to harass us" when starting in a fort once and getting zombies pouring in out of nowhere, but earlier I noticed something funny while asking about the armies moving around due to the months I spent working on a camp.

"Ask for the whereabouts of the human necromancer Senre Yelledparch."

Wuuuut?

So I checked, the group doing the siege is The Decent Speeches, Senre is in Reincolors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Later I ended up heading over there, talked with Senre, he seemed like a cool guy, but what I saw outside got me to ask to become a Lieutenant:

He's sending an army of geared and skilled elf zombies to siege a forest retreat.

Plus he offers me quests and such and doesn't come with the downside of being labeled a bandit!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: July 29, 2016, 11:04:38 pm »

well my magma casting results came back iffy mostly finding out the ocean will wipe any progress you done when you reload the area.
so I really do need to build camps from underground to make any obisedon to stick in the ocean.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: July 30, 2016, 09:11:10 am »

I  stomped a goblin so hard his chest exploded.

The bastard killed one of my companions who I have been travelling with since the very start of my adventure. After he saw me slaughter his comrades, he started running. I grabbed him by the neck, threw him to the ground and began enacting my revenge. After breaking all his limbs, breaking several fingers and toes, gouging out an eye and a cheek I kicked him in the chest. Didn't expect it to be the killing blow.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:12:52 am by Vorox »
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: July 30, 2016, 09:17:06 am »

that's funny as I resurrected a goblin who came back missing a torso.

so this goblin adventurer is now just a floating head with limbs dangling about.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12805 on: July 30, 2016, 09:51:50 am »

So he's like a goblin version of Rayman, just without the torso.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: July 30, 2016, 10:51:48 am »

well my magma casting results came back iffy mostly finding out the ocean will wipe any progress you done when you reload the area.
so I really do need to build camps from underground to make any obisedon to stick in the ocean.
Lame, yeah, oceans are too weird.

I made a volcano camp with a mist generating waterfall again, on a glacier this time, so I had to melt the ice, guide it where it needed to go, keep it liquid, and re-learn an important lesson: never try to seal a flowing water feed using a floor in a freezing biome, walls only, when you use a floor and it freezes over it, deconstructing the floor leaves an indestructible ice floor. Had to extend the walls with some floating-ice-wall-pistons.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: July 30, 2016, 01:54:16 pm »

so that revived goblin adventurer just gave me a random adventurer that I didn't even create.
hmm looks like if you Resurrect another adventurer the game won't give you player control over that adventurer again so outside of figuring out how to pass time while dead next to someone who can resurrect that adventurer just returns from the dead as a npc.

so yeah Adventure mode is just you possessing someone than you being that someone.
forcing folks to do weird stuff like going on quests against their will and what not.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:54:49 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: July 30, 2016, 02:52:40 pm »

I've seen necromancers reclaim a town before.

vekar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12809 on: July 31, 2016, 04:44:07 pm »

My first REAL adventure came to a close after two hours, poor dwarf... Had him hike all around a mountain range trying to go south (terrifying biome) and he survived undead attacks, a giant jaguar in the night ambush, crocodiles trying to eat him along a river... Found a city, thought it was human turned out to be goblin. He killed some high and mighty goblin though before dying... Beat and bit said goblin to death with... A fistful of lettuce I forgot he was holding. Outstanding battle, took a bolt to the head and shoulder, shrugged it off and just kept slapping that goblin with lettuce till it died, the biting the goblin in the throat however certainly helped bleed it out faster. Got killed by a swarm of bogeymen that very night as he left the city after his overlord forgot the time of day...

I never even knew his name.
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1104