Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105512 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12615 on: July 10, 2016, 02:11:22 pm »

You blew up the space elevator.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12616 on: July 10, 2016, 02:16:27 pm »

Using launch I've hit the sky hard enough to break limbs, even died a couple times, but this is the first time I've had the sky hit me back.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: July 10, 2016, 04:40:42 pm »

oh yeah you have to pop out of arena mode and spawn folks above the first arena ceiling.

best bet to get this done, is to load arena up and build anything then once you build something go designate some updown stairs through the ceiling probably have it be near the tallest arena floor to save hours on building the updown stairs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that picture looks like you're character just fell into the sun and got crush by it's gravity.
have a doodle to celebrate  finally crossing off Go to space off my DF to do list.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:44:51 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: July 10, 2016, 04:50:15 pm »

And now that the forum is unborked...

Well, this fucking shoggoth has nicked me, badly damaged my bone armor, taken enough time that the slime has me blistered, bleeding, rotting. Even took a tooth out. But now it's almost dead.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: July 10, 2016, 04:52:31 pm »

Well, I built three camps, since putting a camp on the arena let me get up on the ledge, when I went as far southeast as I could I was able to put another camp, moving southeast again I put another camp, those ones were just 1x3 I think, due to the original 3x3 over the arena.

Then I tried to see if I could push the map off the northwest corner, no luck but it did the glitchy sandlayer creation when I spawned a new character above it, which I promptly dropped on myself, and all the magma up there.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12620 on: July 10, 2016, 05:11:40 pm »

Well, I built three camps, since putting a camp on the arena let me get up on the ledge, when I went as far southeast as I could I was able to put another camp, moving southeast again I put another camp, those ones were just 1x3 I think, due to the original 3x3 over the arena.

Then I tried to see if I could push the map off the northwest corner, no luck but it did the glitchy sandlayer creation when I spawned a new character above it, which I promptly dropped on myself, and all the magma up there.
oh I did this with 1 camp. the ship is 'floating' over the arena. I haven't touch the grasslands outside of placing a few dwarves there to see if I can jump the gap into the arena floor.

this is what it looks like in arena mode.

"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: July 10, 2016, 05:16:56 pm »

Congrats. You broke Toady's arena harder. And I thought it borked hard enough back when you could cut down trees in it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12622 on: July 10, 2016, 05:43:28 pm »

I mean I put camps up on the grasslands area, technically you could stretch the arena area arbitrarily far by making camps and then nudging the map further until you can make a new one.

*** arena site and first camp
- *** second camp
-- *** third camp

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: July 10, 2016, 08:37:43 pm »

Well, once upon a time I purged a monster island to confirm a bug ( http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8544 ). Someone then stated that the era change only registers on new year's. Thoroughly not wanting to put up with another horde of monsters to purge AND having to wait all year, I requested proof of this.

About four months later...since I'm the only one willing to put up with such a tedious task, I finally went and fucking did it myself.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

Link to a save, for good measure, is in a comment in said issue's discussion. Do you know how many dead amphibian men went into wasting most of the year away?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12624 on: July 10, 2016, 09:13:43 pm »

Easiest way to spam time now is to get access to the caverns, cut down all the trees that spit out good amounts of lumber, then build build build, I've gotten used to seeing "A few months ago I slew..." when telling folks in a new site about my kills.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: July 11, 2016, 12:30:21 am »

well tried out max adding land across the area
but also realize you kinda end up not able to backtrack unless you build near the corner of the map you wanted to go.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: July 11, 2016, 12:49:45 am »

Easiest way to spam time now is to get access to the caverns, cut down all the trees that spit out good amounts of lumber, then build build build, I've gotten used to seeing "A few months ago I slew..." when telling folks in a new site about my kills.

Yeah, fuck that. I could piss away a few hours at a time doing building, OR I could piss away two whole weeks at a time via starting adventurers and retiring/starving them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: July 11, 2016, 01:05:27 am »

You could also start a fort for a little while.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: July 11, 2016, 01:12:13 am »

I rescued two children from the Goblins.

After reuniting one of them, the other child, and everyone present, promptly attacked them.

After leaving that mess behind, I reunited the last child, whose own mother promptly killed them.

I don't know what to say to this.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: July 11, 2016, 01:16:33 am »

You could also start a fort for a little while.

Yes. Start a fort.

On a monster island.

That would be legends-only if I weren't using Adventurecraft.

Yesss. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1104