Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105596 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12570 on: July 06, 2016, 10:13:26 am »

Just died inside of 2 minutes of starting an adventure, because I collected 2 companions and walked into another room to collect gear.

Darn you, kobold archer.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12571 on: July 06, 2016, 12:05:21 pm »

Just died inside of 2 minutes of starting an adventure, because I collected 2 companions and walked into another room to collect gear.

Darn you, kobold archer.

Ninja kobolds. I recall one time I got fucked over by walking into a hillock, and first hill I enter has a horde of kobolds instead of dwarves, as apparently they took it over.

Bam, instantly fucked.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12572 on: July 06, 2016, 02:43:14 pm »

Well, with a new release I'm tempted to make a new world and try something bugfuck insane.

Making my world full of megabeasts makes purging them rather...banal. And it alters the intended balance of Adventurecraft. Megabeasts are supposed to be rare, and having to buff their material properties to mitigate the overpowered armor damage mechanic further adds to this. Therefore, may I present...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After all, what could possibly go wrong? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12573 on: July 06, 2016, 02:49:05 pm »

That'll just make giant animals act like night trolls that don't kidnap spouses. I think.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12574 on: July 06, 2016, 02:53:30 pm »

...and I think adding a lair token would've ALSO helped with that. >.o

EDIT: Even having done that, so far it seems to have no effect beyond making them go no-quarter on sight.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:26:12 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12575 on: July 06, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

Ninja kobolds. I recall one time I got fucked over by walking into a hillock, and first hill I enter has a horde of kobolds instead of dwarves, as apparently they took it over.

Bam, instantly fucked.

Kobolds managing to conquer something? What madness is this?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: July 06, 2016, 03:42:23 pm »

Bam, instantly fucked.

Kobolds managing to conquer something? What madness is this?

Not even proper kobolds. Far as I know, they were bandits. At least I assume.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12577 on: July 06, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »

Migrated the files for Kamuk's world from the OSX 64-bit test version to the official 64-bit release with no issues.

Just to get a little work in during the evening after his dinner, Kamuk clears out a pack of wolves that have been prowling around.  He has adequate (lvl 2)  dodger and competent (lvl 3) shield user which is more than enough to handle a wolf pack(all you need is novice), but not quite enough to reliably  run the combat completely untouched versus multiples (while using Zagod Rifot's grip/block/stand ground combat style)…
…even if auto-defense is kept to a minimum.

So Kamuk approaches them with ambusher on and pulls one wolf away from the pack at a time. His strength is high, kicker is only at dabbling, so the damage here is excessive.
This encounter also served as a good chance to try to get kicker and axedwarf to novice, though the only reliable change seemed to  be shield user from competent to skilled, so it was surprising when all three were achieved.

Kamuk's slow traveling from his forest camp to the fortress Matchbolted for gear exchange. His gloves and mittens are worn and cannot be repaired due to the left/right glove/gauntlet bug.

He streamlines his backpack the night before setting out and organizes various gifts and trade items. He's crafted an exceptional series of bows and crossbows. One bow of cedar, a crossbow of apple wood, and a composite crossbow made from alligator snapping turtle bone and willow tree branches. He'll gift the cedar wood bow along with 25 masterwork blackbear bone arrows and a suit of wolf leather armor to Matchbolted's militia commander.
He's also crafts 2 pairs of exceptional wolf leather boots. Those will go to unknown  dwarves.
The last two pieces of wolf leather became a mismatched pair of boots. Kamuk altered them both into being of standard quality.

The life of a dwarven bowyer and cobbler is an interesting one.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: July 06, 2016, 06:10:28 pm »

Oh. I bloody well WOULD spawn on top a cave, near a zombie giant louse. As a kobold.

EDIT: Literally all that remained of it was some chitin.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:14:08 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: July 06, 2016, 06:25:09 pm »

I thought that didn't work anymore.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: July 06, 2016, 06:28:48 pm »

I thought that didn't work anymore.

What, playing as a kobold? I'm using Adventurecrat, so... XP

And ow, arm got a touch mangled by a giant beetle. All the monsters in the area of giant bugs, so I'm gonna have to venture out if I want a backpack store this chitin and use it.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12581 on: July 06, 2016, 06:36:47 pm »

No, zombies made of nothing but fur/chitin.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: July 06, 2016, 06:51:39 pm »

Well, thing is it shows as a corpse, not an animated skin. Its description says everything ELSE rotted off, which I assume explains why it automatically becomes a body part instead of a corpse. Speaking of which, got myself some vittles and guts to sew armor off a fresher bug, a zombie giant tick this time. What I need is leather though, if I want a backpack.

EDIT: Ventured into the cavern and made a backpack via gathering brown recluse spider silk. I am basically wearing pure concentrated nope. Also, it feels like cheating to have these webs be worth 15000 reactions each, but until this fucking bug is fixed I can't make reactions use sane amounts of thread.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:45:13 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12583 on: July 06, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »

I like how everyone else is super-skilled at this and can do all sorts of amazing things and I'm too stupid to make an adventurer that starts with LITERALLY ANY NON-SWORD WEAPON WHATSOEVER be anything but a worthless piece of shit. My ally landed a lucky hit on a fucking vault demon, I made myself a ≡frosty metal short sword≡, and after spending 20 minutes fighting, I cannot injure a single simple fucking goblin because I dared to commit the heinous crime of trying to start with something besides a sword (a war hammer, which I also couldn't even wound the goblin with despite having 10 levels in hammer with an adventurer with max Strength and absurdly good stats as a species).
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12584 on: July 06, 2016, 09:38:10 pm »

It's impressive because swords are awful.

Battle axes (with the flat/haft attacks removed due to them being stupid) > picks > vanilla axes > swords (with flat/haft attacks removed, long > 2-hand > short) > swords > spears (unless huge target with vital organs, naturally with flat/haft attacks removed) > daggers and such.

War hammer > mace > heavy shield > corpse > a bag of water > maul on the other hand.
Pages: 1 ... 837 838 [839] 840 841 ... 1104