Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105759 times)

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12480 on: June 24, 2016, 10:08:15 am »

Okay, having taken on a cyclops and giant with this adventurer, I can safely say that the most dangerous enemy I've fought thus far is a mob of ~8 halfway-competent goblins in actual armor.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: June 24, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »

Vanilla dragons are too delicate.

We are delicate little flowers. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: June 24, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »

What's this "we" nonsense?

Remember: my dorfs are literally what happens when you take steel boned dragons and make them dwarf shaped.

Well, I leave out the breath usually, having flammable spit is enough.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: June 24, 2016, 02:11:43 pm »

Delicate, fire-breathing, Max-eating flowers. :V

And yeah, that reminds me. I should test wherever my buffs to dragon bones has at least rendered them immune to KOs via punch in the face.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: June 24, 2016, 02:13:29 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'm the one eating the dragons, well, just their tasty heart and might.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: June 24, 2016, 02:19:26 pm »

;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: June 24, 2016, 02:28:15 pm »

Though, I did just lay down and die with a character yesterday, started out in a mead hall, was getting ready to head out, grabbed a helmet, then noticed "The Law-Giver breathes fire!" pop up.

Dorfs are fireproof, but I wasn't yet ready to fight a dragon, so I was trying to be more conservative and just swing/dodge and rope-a-dope it, then it whacked me in the head, helmet absorbed it, but it broke my spine.

Not gonna crawl around as bitey-the-snake-dorf, so I just held down the wait button until it finished me and came back with better gear and preparation.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: June 24, 2016, 02:28:58 pm »

Nyahahah. So I was right about Max-eating dragons. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: June 24, 2016, 02:30:31 pm »

Well, still wound up wearing the big bitchy lizardgod, but in hindsight I think adding the neck joint so I could break them is what screwed me over there.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: June 24, 2016, 02:34:44 pm »

Well, still wound up wearing the big bitchy lizardgod, but in hindsight I think adding the neck joint so I could break them is what screwed me over there.

Strange, because damage to the upper spine can break your neck even if you don't mod in neck-snapping like we both did. :V

Meanwhile as a derpy as fuck lizard chick, so far dragons have been the only megabeast on my shit list that I HAVEN'T had to savescum while fighting, if I recall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: June 24, 2016, 04:40:05 pm »

After murdering a lot of things with my nature-hating, barbarical, evil elf, I went to a necro tower, slaughtered my way through the zombie horde (damn that took a long time), killed all the necromancers, got a slab, read it and... nothing. When reading the slab it did say "The secrets of life and death" but I didn't become a necromancer as I cannot raise the dead (I don't have it in my acquired powers). Anyone knows what happened ?

It might have to do with my (still in development) evolved kobold mods because the slate was written by a kobold necromancer and the name was in Kobold gibberish. It didnt tell me I couldn't read it however, and I doubt books work that way in the game anyways. Besides, kobolds (in my mod) have both the [CAN_SPEAK] and [UTTERANCES] tags so they only use their gibberish for naming things).

Anyways, how can I fix this ? Is there a dfhack command to become a necromancer or something ?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: June 24, 2016, 04:44:19 pm »

Nope, it's because you're an elf. Elves are immortal and you need to be mortal to become a necromancer.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: June 24, 2016, 05:29:38 pm »

Yet another failure of the elf!

So after getting the first submerged site set up I decided to check for others, found one that was pretty neat.

The really cool part though was that it had two accessible pockets of lower magma levels, so I worked with both as the collapses and such progressed, and at one point was able to do a bit of !!Science!! even.

----------------------------------^
See the one pillar over to the side for no reason?

One of the collapses left a clear spot of magma flow with no magma temporarily, so naturally I had to check, and found that you can in fact build a tunnel tube pillar directly on top of one.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12493 on: June 24, 2016, 07:18:28 pm »

I generated a new world to test some armor and biology changes, most notably fairies no longer using their feet to stand, and

can someone please tell me what the fuck this population distribution is? (yes there are pokemon in there, don't judge)
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: June 24, 2016, 07:20:45 pm »

Goblins are clearly superior to dwarves, according to the chart. :V

Also, I've recruited five wren people. I've done a circuit around the ENTIRE pocket world and made it back to the camp I built. Need to see if I can require on unclaimed adventure camps...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1104