Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105888 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12465 on: June 23, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »

My...my tail! Giant lopped my tail off by scratching it. And yet I still managed to kill it. I limped away, my tail stuffed in my pack. i wonder if I can at least use my own body parts to make stuff...

EDIT: Nope. I'll have to retain my tail as a keepsake.
No tail-tie? :(

I was thinking more along the limes of carving a figurine of myself using the tailbone. >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12466 on: June 23, 2016, 02:53:53 pm »

Was your tail functional in some way? (Forgive me, I probably missed where you said what species you were)
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: June 23, 2016, 03:11:55 pm »

Was your tail functional in some way? (Forgive me, I probably missed where you said what species you were)

Was playing a reptile woman, so the tail really did nothing except presumably look cute. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12468 on: June 23, 2016, 03:45:05 pm »

Ah. Shame there aren't regrowable body parts yet.
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: June 23, 2016, 03:57:01 pm »

Did nearly die of blood loss from it, but the giant bled more. X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12470 on: June 23, 2016, 04:15:05 pm »

On my end, I recruited a random olm spearwoman from a pit in the ground that led into sewers. The sewers were pouring into the pit, which was a z-level below, and everybody was getting washed out and slamming into each other and it was kind of a mess. Named her Mizu because she lacked a name.

I later found out with that adventurer that my current build was kinda garbage and ended up retiring that one in favor of a new one; I made my way back to the first adventurer's hometown, found the pit nearby, and sure enough, Mizu was there.

I ditched the random goblin I'd recruited to fill a hole in my team and re-recruited her. (Also, the game went to great lengths to make my name and title as saccharine as possible on this character.)
sig text

Jakalor the Darkblooded

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: June 23, 2016, 07:59:35 pm »

Hey Random_Dragon, remember when you posted the Raws for the True Dragon race? Well, I tinkered a bit with them since I couldn't get them to show up properly, but I finally got the ability to become an outsider.

Turns out burning elves with dragonfire doesn't kill them, but certainly makes for great entertainment until you've set them on fire and watched their corpse burn to ashes only for them to somehow spring back to life the instant you [T]ravel away and back for the tenth time.

Nor does dragonfire cause permanent damage to their three houses. So sad.

Still very happy with the ability to indiscriminately set things on fire if I need to.

EDIT:
Happen to know what tags to add and where to have the ability to not only be an outsider, anyone?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:01:47 pm by Jakalor the Darkblooded »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: June 23, 2016, 09:26:45 pm »

Ah, nice. If I recall, I also had an entity defined for them, but it's been quite a while. Before the .42.XX updates I think.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: June 23, 2016, 10:06:53 pm »

Got in a fist fight with a cyclops. I bruised her up pretty good and a couple punches to the stomach and chest slowed her down. With my supernatural stamina so occasionally I'd make some distance and strike up a conversation. She said she was a peasant and we got into a spat when I said it was impossible for laws to cover the full scope of morality and she insisted that societies needed laws to maintain order. We argued for a little while until she said that I made such a good argument that her opinions were trivial in comparison and I accepted the out. We got along pretty well until she suffocated. 

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: June 24, 2016, 03:01:58 am »

Vanilla dragons are too delicate.

So, I finally got something I wanted to do without dfhack knocked off the list.

Found a site using the "no hell layer=directional volcano tube" glitch which had the features I needed, loaded up on lumber at another spot, rushed over, jump-slid down the wall to prevent the magma from filling in too fast, dumped my backpack of lumber out, and started work.

The end result:

Totally submerged in magma, with a cavern exposed at the layer of the exit tube, with water held back by a wall of ice (and in some spots obsidian) which I can travel out from and hit goblin sites right around me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: June 24, 2016, 04:53:59 am »

had to read up on the glitch to fully figure out what you did.
nice engineering max.
all I have to show is finding out making a backpack doesn't let you put the backpack on your wagonman so I'm still stuck with no trade or item storage system.
probably continue seeing if I can recruit loads of folks and get them murdering each other.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: June 24, 2016, 04:58:43 am »

There is a couple of ticks after each job finishes, if you don't move between them you can do A LOT with the delay of liquid moving.

I tried to use collapses to make low spots and got some structures built, then I remembered my old watercanos when I saw that world-gen in the thread, sure enough you get there and load up to find walls of magma standing there starting to collapse, so you spam build before they close in on you.

Gotta take the shapes you can though.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:52 am »

Punched a minotaur so hard, that he died from gelding.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: June 24, 2016, 09:21:40 am »

Vampiric bard died, killed by hubris. Tried doing a sneak, choke, and suck but got unlucky and slain.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1104