Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105968 times)

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12405 on: June 21, 2016, 01:14:13 am »

So I was playing the Trashworld mod that I downloaded off the forums, and was having a pretty good time as a psychopath dual wielding sledgehammers, wandering the wastes. Until I came across a group of bandits, specifically I wanted to kill the leader, so I engaged in glorious combat! This was a very bad idea and I ended up losing all my limbs in the process... BUT I WASN'T DONE YET, DAMMIT!

I began to bite her hands until they lost all control, and then bit her legs, then I proceeded to bite at her neck until she BLED TO DEATH. All her little buddies ran away in fear as I screamed at them about my victory in battle. He lost everything, but gained a new name: THE MOUTH THAT SURVIVED.

You have no idea how proud it makes me to see someone post a story (especially such an epic one) using my mod!

P.S: that's an appropriately psychotic thing to do.

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: June 21, 2016, 02:03:45 am »

You have no idea how proud it makes me to see someone post a story (especially such an epic one) using my mod!

Sad thing is, that same psycho accidentally fell into a river and drowned a few minutes later, oh well. Time to start over again.

P.S. I tried to fight a war-mech earlier with an anti-mech lance, and I gotta say, the gun was pretty strong, but his fire was ultimately much more potent than a gun.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: June 21, 2016, 02:15:06 am »

Sad thing is, that same psycho accidentally fell into a river and drowned a few minutes later, oh well. Time to start over again.

P.S. I tried to fight a war-mech earlier with an anti-mech lance, and I gotta say, the gun was pretty strong, but his fire was ultimately much more potent than a gun.

Yeah, the lance was meant to be more of a "commander's weapon"- you send the poor bastards with bad gear in first, while you shoot from afar.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: June 21, 2016, 03:50:54 am »

Use [img width=450] to give a clickable thumbnail type image.

So I removed mittens and socks and such, figuring maybe that would force gauntlets and whatnot to show up on hearthperson soldiers... nope.

Not sure what you're doing wrong, dude. I've found gauntlets, boots, and greaves on a lot of guards and soldiers. It seems to be working for me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: June 21, 2016, 04:59:20 am »

Use [img width=450] to give a clickable thumbnail type image.

So I removed mittens and socks and such, figuring maybe that would force gauntlets and whatnot to show up on hearthperson soldiers... nope.

Not sure what you're doing wrong, dude. I've found gauntlets, boots, and greaves on a lot of guards and soldiers. It seems to be working for me.
Just made a new world (large, 550, frequent minerals). Wandered into the keep in the town I started in, first person I meet (besides the High Fish) was a hammerman decked out in full bronze - gauntlets, boots, leggings everything. Will go visit the dark fortress next to check out their fashion sense.

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: June 21, 2016, 05:30:20 am »

Copied my 43.03 world over and took an adventurer in to clean out a goblin-held hillocks. It's a highly contested area between two warring goblin civs, elves and humans all at war with each other. Every goblin in there was a soldier and they all had full copper. About 20/80 mail shirt/bp and greaves/chain leg.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: June 21, 2016, 10:47:29 am »

Swimming skill is your friiieeend.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: June 21, 2016, 12:23:44 pm »

Swimming skill is your friiieeend.
building a small 3/7 pool of water to swim around in is good if you find dumping points into swimming posh.
just make sure to have a minecart at hand.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: June 21, 2016, 12:33:42 pm »

Literally the only reason you wouldn't dump a whopping 11 points into swimming is if you intend to dump all your points into a weapon skill to become a glass cannon. >.>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: June 21, 2016, 12:58:30 pm »

Literally the only reason you wouldn't dump a whopping 11 points into swimming is if you intend to dump all your points into a weapon skill to become a glass cannon. >.>
or dumping all your points into carpentry so you can pump out masterpiece items at a fort.
or dumping all the points in dancing.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: June 21, 2016, 01:08:07 pm »

If you become the master dancer, you'll never need to leave your home to swim. Because if you do, you will get eaten. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: June 21, 2016, 01:23:59 pm »

You can just put 5 into swimming.

PauliusTheGnoll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: June 21, 2016, 01:42:18 pm »

Or get animal race, they always know how to swim.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: June 21, 2016, 01:53:33 pm »

Or get animal race, they always know how to swim.
uhh did toady fix the whole natural skills work on adventurers bit.
because if so then I say do that, but avoid Spiderfolk as they don't have the gaits to swim and will splash about.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: June 21, 2016, 02:26:18 pm »

uhh did toady fix the whole natural skills work on adventurers bit.
because if so then I say do that, but avoid Spiderfolk as they don't have the gaits to swim and will splash about.

SWIMS_INNATE works differently from natural skills. >.o

Also, testing out Adventurecraft on a nice, delicious monster island. Playing a lizard woman, just exploring around to kill things and get my usual kit. Already I see another "wrong material template" issue that'll make giant thrips use megabeast-tier body tissues.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1104