Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105999 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12375 on: June 19, 2016, 06:26:38 pm »

So, I did more testing with some things. Tried un-megabeasting my adventurer and adding CAN_SPEAK to interact with the locals of another town more peacefully, and I've yet to find any way to get any musical forms as an outsider. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: June 19, 2016, 06:53:47 pm »

Can you read? Find a book on a musical form or just listen to a performance.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: June 19, 2016, 06:56:51 pm »

Can you read? Find a book on a musical form or just listen to a performance.

I maaaaybe altered a reaction to gain free experience in reading, yes. So begins the illusive quest for a library or a author/bard. Because good fucking luck listening to a performance incites panic in all that live.

In related news, a lasher with a bronze whip finally scored a decent hit on me, fracturing an arm. If I'd known that I'd basically never take a single hit in all this time, I wouldn't have set bronze tissue to being able to heal. :V

EDIT: Wow. This kid. She has balls of steel, moreso than that pansy corssbowman over there that was soon fleeing my wrath.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:06:46 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: June 19, 2016, 06:58:49 pm »

You need to become a legendary reader.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: June 19, 2016, 07:07:16 pm »

You need to become a legendary reader.

Why, when I'm a legendary corpse-wielder? D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: June 19, 2016, 07:17:32 pm »

Because everyone loves a smart, well-read legendary corpse-wielder? Find me a bronze colossus who enjoys swinging a bag filled with corpses and also recites Rimbaud's Illuminations while doing so, and you'll have found the DF robeast version of Dario Cecchini.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: June 19, 2016, 07:27:32 pm »

Because everyone loves a smart, well-read legendary corpse-wielder? Find me a bronze colossus who enjoys swinging a bag filled with corpses and also recites Rimbaud's Illuminations while doing so, and you'll have found the DF robeast version of Dario Cecchini.

But I can't also recite that if I can't speak. :V

That's one thing I also intend to test: whether I can dance or perform other non-verbal art.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: June 19, 2016, 10:08:35 pm »

Well, good news and bad news. Good news is civilized kobolds no longer seem to fight among themselves. Bad news is an adventurer kobold can't talk to their friends. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12383 on: June 20, 2016, 12:36:16 pm »

Okay, so I replaced the default fairies in the game with a fairy race that has a full-blown civilization entity and everything. I'm currently playing as them now, and it's interesting, playing as a smaller creature.
I created my character, hit enter to start my adventure, and everything immediately goes to hell.

Okay, so my adventure starts with me in a destroyed house, in a major city that (on further exploration) is 90% destroyed or abandoned, and there are bandits close enough to my starting point for me to hear them harassing somebody. Seems legit. At least the game had the decency to drop my first companion right in my front yard, and I mean that literally - I stepped out the door and found an axefairy to recruit.
It took me some time wandering around to actually find the source of the shouting (I wish the game told you which direction sounds were coming from...), by which point the situation had already devolved into violence - the shopkeeper was in rough shape, surrounded by 3 dwarven bandits. One of them was wielding a spear or pike, I forget which, and the other two were wielding other things.

I didn't stop long enough to let my ally catch up, I literally leaped in front of the shopkeeper before they could do any more damage (one of the bandits had to jump out of the way to avoid me slamming into him) and started swinging. This almost started to go south fast, as I wasn't landing solid enough hits to weaken any of them and I got my arm cut open by the stabby guy, but my ally showed up just in time to take one guy's arm off, at which point all 3 ended up dead in short order. Some asking around and I found the source of the bandits - a camp some ways off to the west - so I made that my first destination, handling any random bandits I ran into along the way, and stopping to make a home base not far from the camp. When I finally got to the camp...

...yeah. They weren't hostile to me, so I took the chance to take inventory on what I was looking at. Final count came out to 4 human wrestlers, 3 dwarf wrestlers, 2 human archers, 1 human pikeman, 3 human hammermen, 1 human spearmaster, 1 human axe lord, 1 elf mace lord, and the fairy master marksman warlord. I backed down and left to go train some.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: June 20, 2016, 01:20:35 pm »

...yeah. They weren't hostile to me, so I took the chance to take inventory on what I was looking at. Final count came out to 4 human wrestlers, 3 dwarf wrestlers, 2 human archers, 1 human pikeman, 3 human hammermen, 1 human spearmaster, 1 human axe lord, 1 elf mace lord, and the fairy master marksman warlord. I backed down and left to go train some.

How cute. You should've conned them all out of their weapons by selling them their own loot. That is exactly the sorta thing you'd expect of the fair folk. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: June 20, 2016, 04:58:26 pm »

Dammit.

(43.04, still no hand/leg/foot armor generation on any units I've found)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: June 20, 2016, 05:27:03 pm »

Dammit.

(43.04, still no hand/leg/foot armor generation on any units I've found)
Is that a bandit, or a dark fortress soldier? If it's the former, maybe they just don't have enough armour (is there armour at the site)?

--edit Oh looks like Toady just posted the same thing. Yay.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:30:15 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12387 on: June 20, 2016, 05:36:47 pm »

I have seen a few soldiers in my mead hall with gauntlets and high boots. I'll take a screencap soon but uh, there's some new combat changes.

She just snapped his neck with a fucking punch. And it applies to other blunt attacks too.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: June 20, 2016, 05:38:57 pm »

I have seen a few soldiers in my mead hall with gauntlets and high boots. I'll take a screencap soon but uh, there's some new combat changes.

She just snapped his neck with a fucking punch. And it applies to other blunt attacks too.
It's supposed to apply to other blunt attacks. It's to allow copper warhammer lords to kill puny goblins with iron helmets. Punching though...ha ha? It's not inconsistent I guess. It's always been possible to punch someone hard enough to crush their brain.

This is apparently due to be nerfed one day. Eventually you'll break your hand trying that without wearing gauntlets.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:43:01 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12389 on: June 20, 2016, 05:46:01 pm »

Okay got the actual proofs here that guards do wear full sets of armor.
It's supposed to apply to other blunt attacks. It's to allow copper warhammer lords to kill puny goblins with iron helmets. Punching though...ha ha? It's not inconsistent I guess. It's always been possible to punch someone hard enough to crush their brain.
I didn't think this would be applied so soon though, don't recall hearing much about it.

Yeah, I'm aware of it being possible, this is a bit more...interesting, though. The damage didn't seem to carry over much to other body parts before - notice how Saceo gets punched in the eyelid and the force of the blow goes to the rest of his head, snapping the neck.
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1104