Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2106047 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12330 on: June 12, 2016, 12:24:43 pm »

And naked like that, go out into the world and survive for as long as you can!

You can expedite things by playing an outsider instead. You'll have to make dwarves outsider-playable though, unless you want this to be the Suicide, Olith, or Mincemeat mode. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: June 12, 2016, 06:55:41 pm »

And naked like that, go out into the world and survive for as long as you can!

Not sure about surviving.. my ishcrotaur survives anywhere except maybe vacuum of space or strangulation by a superman both of which I can omit with NOT_BREATHING thing but, meh. Point is Dhorna the ischrotaur is seldom known for wearing something apart from an harness with backpack and a flask/waterskin attached to it and some sort of large two-handed sword in one hand and a whip in the other and sometimes a helmet on the head too.

Although I did break the cycle recently by having her wear a tunic, loincloth, chausses, mail shirt, breastplate, chain leggings, gloves, gauntlets, high boots, face veil and horned helmet (new helmet type in ZM5's modpack) but that's something I don't see her repeat doing as she'd rather walk into a civilized throne room naked with her strong warrior physique showing along with everything else and have a laugh about all the blushed looks she gets and of course bash in anyone's skull who has anything to say about it with her fist (i.e too much arguing over some values).
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: June 13, 2016, 01:18:30 am »

I was also thinking about editing the raws to change Urist mode into Ascension mode.

Basically, I want our Urist's potential max attributes to be as if he started as Superior in them.

From nobody to a killing machine that not even the gods could stop.

Back on-topic, I recently met a lovejay man and woman. Tried to get them join me, but they refused. Then, I saw lovebird people talking to a group of carps.
Which were drowning.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: June 13, 2016, 03:26:46 am »

Got a little banged up in a bar fight. I'd lost the use of a hand and wanted to have a compound fracture looked at. My companion was worse off, plus needed some time to get used to the crutch. So we dropped in for some first rate dwarven healthcare.

I retired as militia and had full control. My companion was passive hostile. Sad, but not unexpected with more than a page of tavern visitors and parts of dwarven and human caravans on the map. Hanging out in that mineshaft can't be good for your..

Oh well.. life goes on

Never seen THAT before

Plot twist: Rede must not've let slip that we got wounded in the ruins of the very first fortress while dealing with the FB that nearly eradicated them in worldgen

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: June 13, 2016, 03:22:44 pm »

Went after a dragon in her lair. Blocked the dragon fire, scored zero hits for five rounds. Suddenly, I'm caught in a burst of boiling everything and I'm dead. Just like that.

This has almost never happened before.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: June 13, 2016, 10:08:11 pm »

Went after a dragon in her lair. Blocked the dragon fire, scored zero hits for five rounds. Suddenly, I'm caught in a burst of boiling everything and I'm dead. Just like that.

This has almost never happened before.
probably due to dragon fire super heating the area and you microwaved yourself.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: June 13, 2016, 11:51:54 pm »

I like my new Drudagul fel-orcish beastly behemoth with 2 tusks, 4 fingers, 3 toes... fingers and toes having only slightly long and sharp beastly nails and this was the thing I did to a Medusa:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Better to kill others in a game than get yourself killed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:55:13 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12337 on: June 15, 2016, 06:30:56 am »

Most recently, I took my adventurer (who started as a peasant but has since slain a roc, minotaur, brush titan, and bronze colossus, along with many criminals/bandits), wielding a ☼steel short sword☼, and her band of 11 warriors to assault a Dark Fortress and rescue some prisoners, one of which was the cousin of my very first recruit. ...After my first foray into the place, I found that the despawning ally bug was in full effect, and after my team scattered, I never saw any of them again - I will admit I savescummed at this point, because fuck that. For the sake of lag reduction and not having my army scatter and then despawn, I melted all the goblins, as they were posing very minimal threat anyways and the team was butchering them en masse.

By default, the game has no name for melted flesh, because it has no melting point normally.

As I approached the central tower, my game suddenly slowed to a painful crawl. When I finally got there, I used my adventurer's species ability to sense creatures through walls to examine the tower, and quickly found the cause, much to my dismay.
Spoiler: Big images (click to show/hide)
Not pictured: a third floor with a cluster of similar magnitude to the second floor. Remember, this is without goblins, as I melted them all - this was strictly trolls, beak dogs, the occasional assimilated species, and the prisoners. (The white letters are my custom race, the rest are whatever else.)

I still struggle to remember which stairway is up and which is down, so I accidentally went upwards in the tower at first. On my way back down, I was attacked at the top of the stairwell, and leaped to the side to avoid a troll's attack. Unfortunately, this caused me to plummet 3 z-levels and hit the ground spectacularly hard.

I passed out on impact (for good reason), and slipped in and out of consciousness some 7 or 8 times before waking up. Because of the obscene amount of lag, this process took, I kid you not, nearly 10 minutes. If you've ever had your adventurer fall unconscious and seen how quickly turns normally progress during that time, this should stand out as patently stupid to you.

Luckily I had a crutch on hand (plus a spare STANCE body part connected to the brain, simulating telekinesis). Unfortunately, I had zero crutch walking skill, so my upright movement was actually slower than my crawling movement, and both of them were slow enough to make every step take at least 20 seconds to process.

Some 50-ish troll/beak-dog kills and one dead rescuee (out of 34 total at the end) later, I got fed up with the lag and melted trolls and beak dogs too, because I was pissed at that point and just wanted to leave.

I walked out with this trailing behind me. It made moving kind of a nightmare. On the bright side, once I got out of the fortress and fast traveled, my legs magically healed themselves completely (seriously, Toady really needs to fix the healing in adventure mode, it's currently busted as fuck).
You can imagine my horror when, after I got to town and started asking the kids where they were from, I found out that kids telling you their mother's name and location did not actually allow you to ask directions to either of them, leaving me with 33 kids and no clue where to take most of them.

And that's where I currently stand. Honestly, it may be more trouble than it's worth to even continue this particular adventure.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: June 15, 2016, 08:11:15 am »

Good news! If you find the homes, I bet you at least half the kids will be greeted with warm loving shanks to the gut.

No clue why, last rescue I tried the kids all had people who had just "accepted" them off my quest log pull out knives and start chasing them.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: June 15, 2016, 11:21:58 am »

Went to a hamlet and asked about their troubles...

But when I ask about Ethro the answer was

How it's possible??

Anyways, I'm doing my name killing some bandit at their sites and spreading about my deeds at nearest town. Maybe not the fastest way to become a hero or something, but it's being funny
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:23:30 am by LordBalkan »

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12340 on: June 15, 2016, 12:04:34 pm »

Good news! If you find the homes, I bet you at least half the kids will be greeted with warm loving shanks to the gut.

No clue why, last rescue I tried the kids all had people who had just "accepted" them off my quest log pull out knives and start chasing them.
Something happened after I posted that, I have no real idea what, somebody started fighting somebody for some reason, but at the end one of the kids was dead. :-\

EDIT: Started a new world and I'm pretty sure I opened up hell somehow, because this world is fucked. The entire center and left side of the map are devoid of civilization, even the goblins have been reduced to a small pocket, and the queen of my civilization is a vampire with 464 kills.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:27:32 pm by leafbarrett »
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #12341 on: June 16, 2016, 08:42:34 am »

It seems that pain effects have been greatly toned down for the 43.03 update (they are now adjusted according to the size of the body part damaged, so no more passing out and getting killed because an enemy smashed your finger).  This makes adventure fighting a lot less cheap, since grabbing an enemy's hand and breaking their wrist no longer results in an instant victory.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12342 on: June 16, 2016, 09:48:27 am »

It seems that pain effects have been greatly toned down for the 43.03 update (they are now adjusted according to the size of the body part damaged, so no more passing out and getting killed because an enemy smashed your finger).  This makes adventure fighting a lot less cheap, since grabbing an enemy's hand and breaking their wrist no longer results in an instant victory.
Good.
sig text

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: June 16, 2016, 12:11:06 pm »

instead grabbing the enemy neck and applying a choke hold results in an 3 tick victory. where in those 3 ticks the enemy could murder you in one hit.

in experimenting news I slowly notice my axe making reaction works on any item so now I'm making willow fruit battle axes, ash leaf battle axes and wooden battle axes hopefully making sure this elephant fort has something to chop down all these trees.
oh and the place is cram pack full of military folk so recruitment is a given.
hopefully I can move this goblin in so I can start making ghost adventurers, wonder if doing the toppling the resting place work faster than just waiting for them to rise up?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12344 on: June 16, 2016, 01:17:18 pm »

WHY CAN I FAST TRAVEL INTO THE OCEAN?!
sig text
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1104