Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094980 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12270 on: June 02, 2016, 04:36:16 am »

TOO LATE

I've already raided the library, brought it back and filled out my own library, made a mead hall and claimed it, and retired. Also, I refuse to be a necromancer.

You should become a nekomancer instead. o3o

The problem with nekomancy is that usually you are the one who winds up being controlled.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: June 02, 2016, 08:18:32 pm »

After the stingray and the spearwoman bandit, Imush travels north to another dwarven fort where he spends the night.

On the world map he's about 7 tiles away from the lair of Snumud Abbeyberries the Fragrant Song the ettin. "This vile fiend has killed twenty-nine in his lust for murder!"  No-kill ettins make great first fight training dummies for peasants, but will have no gear. Multiple-kill ettins may be "statted-up" by world gen, being a bit faster and stronger. When you look at the raws or view the .exe through a hex editor, you see ettins have no base natural skills, unlike say the minotaur or 3 of the 4 megas. Ettins do have [CAN_LEARN] and world gen might give a ettin improved fighter, striker, wrestler, dodger, etc. But you won't know those things until you get there. Imush, though, had moved up to competent fighter and adequate shield user in his first two fights, so this isn't a concern.

When an ettin sprints across the screen at 3 ticks per tile, I tend to have the feeling there's less margin for error with novice weapon/dodge/shield and dabbling fighter/wrestler. Of course, since 42.xx, there are now descriptors for each critter that provide useful information. Snumud is shown as a frail ettin. The margin for error now grows. Snumud moves at 5 ticks per tile at fastest, but slows to about 7-8 when closing the distance.

Imush is at 1.000 walking speed and has positioned himself at the mouth of the lair corridor to have all the options available. If Snumud features grab + charge as his first attack, Imush can dodge away. If Snumud features a strike, Imush can then dodge to matador Snumud and make the strike from the side or from behind to drop Snumud and remove his charge attack.

Snumud enters the adjacent tile from the east and Imush advances the combat cycle one tick at a time until Snumud features his attack. It's a strike along with a charge, so Imush dodges 1SE. Snumud is still charging west, so Imush takes a quick 4 tick steel axe swing at Snumud's foot only tearing the flesh. They repeat the same series of actions once more and Snumud is dropped. The quick attack halves momentum versus standing, but now on the ground, now doubled, it's equal to a standard attack. From here Imush periodically latches on 2-4 grips and uses 4-6 tick steel axe/copper dagger swings on Snumud until he gets the bleed out.

During the combat, Snumud improved fighter/dodger/wrestler/striker to unknown level. Imush raises axedwarf/wrestler/dodger to adequate and observer/armor user/knife user to novice. Fighter is now at adept. It's a good stat haul. In terms of stuff, it isn't. This lair was at the edge of human and dwarf lands so the gear is mixed. The only things fit for a dwarf are the <<bronze cap>> and an iron helm.

Before returning to the fort, Imush stops off at the shrine Oarjumped the Leafy Nuts, home to Idala Hidedrinks the Basin of Animals the brush titan. With competent level defense you can quick attack + dodge away a titan to death, but you can't consistently stand and trade it since you're at a 3 level deficit. At skilled shield user, just 2 lvls down from talented, there's still decent chance of defensive failure, but Idala is a very slow humanoid composed of snow. Snow like water is shearable. Idala can be one-shotted. Of course, that's a waste of XP so Imush runs his attacks from the bottom upwards, shearing off sections of snow until he only has one strike left. At the beginning Imush would have applied grips to Idala to work in some wrestling, but there was nothing to grab. For some reason I didn't think of directional auto-wrestling. So with only one hit left, Imush uses directional auto-wrestling, but because Idala can't be wrestled, the directional auto-wrestle results in an unintentional fatal shield bash. Now if Imush finds a masterwork shield, the starting iron now holds a name.

The useful gear at the shrine Oarjumped the Leafy Nuts is all human. There is a codex which Imush takes with him. He's holding quite the poorly written library.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: June 03, 2016, 03:37:26 am »

so decided to play an elf mostly a modded elf that grants the gif of speech to animals
her name is Rope Drinkchanted and she finding it alot hard to get any critter to join her on adventurers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: June 03, 2016, 06:21:21 am »

I expect a picture with two animals looking at her in the distance.

"Oh great... her."
'What, she seems nice.'
"Nah bro, she's convinced she knows how to make us talk and then keeps trying to get you to go "adventure" with her."
'Oh, one of those types?'

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12274 on: June 03, 2016, 07:14:36 am »

Well, on my non-Planes of Portent world, I dealt with a roc in the dumbest way possible.

I was playing as a drakonar hammerman (centauroid dragon-person with wings, horns and fire breath), and during the battle with the roc, my right hand was bitten away, followed by my left arm being torn to shreds.

At that point, I decided "screw it" and went out fighting - I repeatedly gored it in various body parts with my horns, bruising one of its lungs and eventually knocking it unconscious with a blow to the head.

As I was unable to use my raven's beak to simply carve it's throat open or bash it's skull in, I opted for throwing the weapons I had in my backpack (and also some kitchen implements I got from an abominations lair). Most were ineffective, either glancing off or causing minor damage.

Then this happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At that point I just stood dumbstruck as the thing bled to death. Like "holy shit, that really worked"?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: June 03, 2016, 10:18:15 am »

I expect a picture with two animals looking at her in the distance.

"Oh great... her."
'What, she seems nice.'
"Nah bro, she's convinced she knows how to make us talk and then keeps trying to get you to go "adventure" with her."
'Oh, one of those types?'
combine with a resurrection option that doesn't work... so  yeah gonna have to go into the lab again.
"body swapping and YOU!"

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #12276 on: June 03, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »

Currently played a blade-tailed humanoid who's crippled (can't use her right arm in any capacity) and has slain well over 150 goblins with her +steel longsword+ that she found at literally the very beginning of her adventure. Recently, I just came back to my hometown and slaughtered the criminal organization that was in charge. ...I think. I killed the chieftess along with every single goblin there, but after reporting my actions, I'm still being told that there is a criminal organization there... Anyone know how to destroy them for good?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: June 03, 2016, 01:16:48 pm »

Currently played a blade-tailed humanoid who's crippled (can't use her right arm in any capacity) and has slain well over 150 goblins with her +steel longsword+ that she found at literally the very beginning of her adventure. Recently, I just came back to my hometown and slaughtered the criminal organization that was in charge. ...I think. I killed the chieftess along with every single goblin there, but after reporting my actions, I'm still being told that there is a criminal organization there... Anyone know how to destroy them for good?

Oh, they'll find you. And sick loot does not guarantee success!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: June 03, 2016, 06:14:39 pm »

Today I found a bandit camp.

And as you know, bandit loot is tied to the number of members in the gang. Well, here's one bag:

There are hundreds more. I've seen stacks of coins approaching 100,000, masterwork goods, and more. Any man who looted that camp would live in luxury for all eternity.

It's on an island with only a human and goblin nation. According to Legends Mode, about 50 years ago, a necromancer claimed a slab and moved out into the wilderness. But since no battles had ever been fought there, he had nothing to reanimate. Then 3 years ago there was a huge battle. The absolute madman reanimated EVERY SINGLE PERSON that had died, and now commands an army of 1794 zombies. If bandits or necromancers ever actually did anything in worldgen, this guy would rule the world.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: June 03, 2016, 06:40:39 pm »

If bandits or necromancers ever actually did anything in worldgen, this guy would rule the world.

If that necromancer had been from a goblin or kobold civ, the world would be in deep shit. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: June 03, 2016, 06:55:09 pm »

Rain began to fall. Idala Hidedrinks' constituent snowy parts melted away, but not before Imush was able to drink from a few of the puddles left behind. Imush left the shrine and went south a few world map tiles to spend the night at a dwarven hillock. In the morning, he'd scout a bandit camp. The name wasn't goblin. Perhaps it was human or kobold.

While crossing a river he killed one milkfish as he was running low on the wild boar meat he had collected from his ettin adventure. From the bones he made a + milkfish bone cap+. Since he was only 2 world map tiles away from the camp, Imush continued the slow travel sneak overland. Everything appeared to be quite normal until he encountered massive lag. Imush noticed there were two rows of kobolds, numbering a total of 9, along with the 3 roaming vision cones that belonged to 3 kobold wrestlers. Obviously there's more. Moving down 1 z-lvl revealed a kobold metropolis where he was greeted by arrow fire.

Imush drove forward scattering the gathering, revealing a 6x7 treasure mound. At this point he hoped to spare all kobold lives as none had been taken. Though the thought of attempting to craft a cap or leather armor from kobold skin briefly crossed his mind. Imush is a dwarf after all.

No dwarf-sized armor, no weapons of interest. But plenty of books. The portable library grows from 6 to 25! Also a multitude of waterskins. That's just the thing for holding different types of drink. There was also a mudstone bowl for use when bivouacking under unknown starry nights in the mountains or on the coasts!

Unfortunately when exiting the treasure mound, a wrestler, Deebus the Kobold, was struck down by directional movement with iron pick. It was a careless moment. All kobolds had been non-aggressive and were now frightened. Imush returned to the hillock wearing the giant mole leather backpack he started with, and the new armadillo leather backpack that is now a traveling library.

For some reason, and maybe it's because this is a vanilla item game, this world has a Miyazaki-rpg-feel with its stout bearded adventurer/giant earthworm helm with ear flaps quality. Not a bad thing at all. Really quite nice.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: June 03, 2016, 07:43:36 pm »

so decided to play an elf mostly a modded elf that grants the gif of speech to animals
her name is Rope Drinkchanted and she finding it alot hard to get any critter to join her on adventurers.

So she's basically a DF version of umm... Fluttershy?

My little elfie, my little elfie... wait no, no, no.. No. Just remembered that elves are a bad thing in DF so I'm going to have to go with "My little dwarfy/dorfy" and "Dwarfyship is *sudden and terrifying voice and tone change* BLOOD! *bones crack*".

Those were not my bones. o_o I killed a centaur as a naga called Kelvara (in naga language "lord" and "rage" combined, naga version of Khrone basically) and I'm gonna kill some more and then some more, and some more and so on and so forth as I usually do but as a naga who is clad in full ischronite gear (minus the gauntlets of course), an ischronite glaive and some sort of large shield called Aspis and its in platinum. All of them mastercrafts by Kelvara as is my DF "tradition" nowadays.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:46:06 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: June 03, 2016, 10:58:19 pm »

Not unexpectedly, exploring the halls under Razorjustice's keep was a bust. I found no naked sewer lady, only kobolds and an extremely talkative pikeman.
I guess next on this axolotl poet's to do list is figure out how to author books, and then build a lovely cabin in the wilds.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: June 04, 2016, 05:09:16 am »

uhh Rope is constantly slimy like EVERYTHING on her is coated in a layer of saliva then add her side ability to spit Webs of her sweat which she constantly pours of also.
I think her organs are coated with saliva she leaves pool of Saliva where ever she goes.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12284 on: June 04, 2016, 05:34:06 am »

Well shit, no wonder nobody wants to be her friend.
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1104