Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094988 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12255 on: June 01, 2016, 01:33:47 pm »

This morning I woke up with her on top of me.
tfw no broken skeleton
Ha

We raided a few bandit camps, then moved onto the tower.

Holy Armok.

I thought Biretha hated keas, capybara, and goblins. Holy shit did I have another thing coming. When presented with undead, Biretha turns into what can only be described as "an unstoppable engine of fiery destruction". Flaming, skeletal limbs arc from an impenetrable cloud of smoke and fire, the sounds of one-sided battle echoing from within. Necromancers scream as the flesh is melted from their bones. Any reanimated limb is immediately torched and smashed.

I think I'll stay away from necromancy.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: June 01, 2016, 01:46:14 pm »

"If you ever cheat on me with those slutty gods of death, senpai...I'll make you wish you were dead."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: June 01, 2016, 02:32:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my first adventurer since that big 40 update a while back. I'm loving the customisation.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: June 01, 2016, 02:55:43 pm »

While travelling, I was ambushed by a large number of wolves. That's actually the first time I've been attacked by wolves, they're far less ubiquitous than in earlier versions.

Then I accidentally ambushed an entire goblin army on the march and got rekt. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: June 01, 2016, 03:00:15 pm »

Okay....now I spawned in a fortress with only two levels and no apparent way of going either up or down. Are fortresses still broken?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: June 01, 2016, 03:28:45 pm »

Yes, laggy as hell too. Made em build towns instead, much more fun.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: June 01, 2016, 03:32:36 pm »

Robisoe learn this the hard way when he got his demon lover. he had to punch and kick his way through his entire zombie army.(and spark this whole demoic wedding stuff)

fun fact you can't really reanimate demon bodies as zombies. probably they have a token that auto aggros them that isn't clean from reanimation.
so uhh if you want undead workers to help work on the fort just mass reanimate them then go into Building and set them as workers as soon as possible before they start dying in waves.

you probably should fast travel away before you lose too many of your work force if possible to stuff them in a walled off section of the fort so the demon doesn't murder your undead collection.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: June 01, 2016, 04:14:50 pm »

It's weird how much of this stuff we talk about makes perfect sense at the time, but is utterly absurd in any other context.

I was building a structure with precision magma/water placement to cast some obsidian, forgetting that you can't just drop a solid stone structure and have it "catch" on a rim, it only keeps the parts that hit the rim in place, the rest drops normally.

Now I'm just experimenting with the volcano and different things due to the failure there.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: June 01, 2016, 04:22:54 pm »

Robisoe learn this the hard way when he got his demon lover. he had to punch and kick his way through his entire zombie army.(and spark this whole demoic wedding stuff)

fun fact you can't really reanimate demon bodies as zombies. probably they have a token that auto aggros them that isn't clean from reanimation.
so uhh if you want undead workers to help work on the fort just mass reanimate them then go into Building and set them as workers as soon as possible before they start dying in waves.

you probably should fast travel away before you lose too many of your work force if possible to stuff them in a walled off section of the fort so the demon doesn't murder your undead collection.
TOO LATE

I've already raided the library, brought it back and filled out my own library, made a mead hall and claimed it, and retired. Also, I refuse to be a necromancer.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: June 01, 2016, 05:00:56 pm »

TOO LATE

I've already raided the library, brought it back and filled out my own library, made a mead hall and claimed it, and retired. Also, I refuse to be a necromancer.

You should become a nekomancer instead. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: June 01, 2016, 05:43:11 pm »

After dealing with bandits in a ruined hamlet we stumbled upon a military patrol consisting of a couple of goblins and a dwarf. Talked to one of them, frail crossbowman and shared the good news. They were pretty glad that the outlaws were no more and we parted with no bad blood between us. Or so it seemed.

When my companion, swordswoman named Lico was passing by, the goblin suddenly stabbed her in the arm, making her lose her sword. She took off running and he followed her. Other soldiers didn't seem to mind or notice and he wasn't hostile to me. They got away rather quickly as I didn't realize to switch to a jog until too late. When I caught up with them he was already finishing her off.
Since he still seemed to be friendly to me I asked him about his reason for this cold-blooded murder.

Yes, after all those years we found Inigo Montoya and he is a goblin.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: June 01, 2016, 06:23:49 pm »

Ended up doing the underground slow travel to hit level 6 (talented) in wrestling/shield/armor. Since it was all manual with no auto-attack, it took a while, but I was happy with the result. Almost all clothing was hitting the first tier of xwearx. Imush exited cavern level 1 from a ruined fortress that was still receiving migrants and finished off the local mountain titan 1 world map tile southwest.

I took a look at the full world map. I remembered it was split into two separate land masses connected at the very bottom by glacier. The only way to travel between the two was to either swim the sea or walk the glacier. There was no fast travel option. Slow travel's great for an early game character, but just not so much for the mid/late-game character. So I decided to restart.

Rolled a new large 550 called "Roth Nam or The Domain of Destiny" and was rewarded with two poles, an almost complete continental connection save for one mirror image of Australia, and a really nice band of desert in the middle. I restarted Imush Dirtclods in the tropics. I forgot how great the desert could be. Everything is yellow sand and at the horizon is blue sky. The temperature is hot and now river crossings can be done with less thought to timing of day.

Imush was on the verge of completely hodgepodging his armor as the first fortress he visited only had iron gauntlets, chain leggings and high boots. All other metal was copper and at this point with only above average strength and dabbling armor user, it wasn't an option. Imush went with the 1r gauntlets and the 3r boots. 8r total isn't too bad together with hoboing clothing, the llama leather armor, plus the copper helm. The leggings at 22r he'd skip. Matt Easton would be proud. Well, maybe not about the leather armor. Helmet and gauntlets, yes.

The first encounter with an exotic stingray resulted in crafting -stingray leather armor- and so the llama leather piece was backpacked. A future gift for some sheriff or militia captain.

Imush started with a steel battle axe (6r in weight), but carried on a connection to the last iteration of himself and the last world by going with the idea that weight has meaning. He began searching the local mead halls for a great axe (10-11r in weight). During this search he came upon a trail of blood in the throne room. It led to a slain lord. The yellow movement !! a few rooms over belonged to a maceman. Imush inspected him to make sure he had a shield and headgear of some sort. Otherwise he would have cut his throat. Imush returned to first treasure room. That maceman would eventually find out about his lord.

The lord slayer was a spearwoman who emerged from a stairwell. She was bleeding. Her right hand was cut open. Imush tossed a few bolts her way to soften her up before closing distance. The two that hit only caused bruising.

It would turn out world gen had gifted her with very little. Imush let her attack first, drawing her into recovery. He followed up with a grip to her weapon arm and a quick hack to her leg. She fell and Imush let her attack again so as to fall into recovery. Then he re-gripped and damaged her weapon arm. Once she was unarmed, Imush dropped his axe and went with 5 grips and began cycling through the combat menu, tick by tick, waiting for attacks of opportunity !. If none were available he'd just slash with his copper dagger. Otherwise it was the special of the day until a kick to the neck ruptured a major artery.

Oddly enough, this spearwoman would go 3-1 in her run. Besides the lord, she had struck down a hammerman and a bowman. It's really just another bizarre world gen tale. An incompetent manages 3 successes before being felled by another potential incompetent.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: June 01, 2016, 09:01:13 pm »

The kobolds of the catacombs have been sent into a panic by Shezpa's fearsome presence. Few even try to fight back as our great axolotl hero cleaves through their encampment, and those that once stood in his way were unable to land even a glancing blow. It's Shezpa's lithe frame, you see.

Now the stench of kobold-based fear permeates the halls under Razorjustice's keep, and the sound of panicked gibbering has died down, and all is quiet, barring the busy street above. Much time has past during this exploration, Shezpa feels. He has grown weary, as have the few remaining kobolds, which have succumbed to their drowsiness.
Yet pushing forward gets easier still, as holding a sword begins to feel a bit more natural, Snuggledfriend feels he is getting ever closer to his destination.

The search for the mysterious naked sewer lady continues.

Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

connick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: June 01, 2016, 09:28:52 pm »

Ctrl+U, 99, Ctrl+P,
Ctrl+U, 99, Ctrl+P,
Ctrl+U, 99, Ctrl+P,

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: June 02, 2016, 02:58:56 am »

Visited a town. There were plenty of people there, but talking to them I learned there was nobody in charge. No leadership. So I appointed myself leader. Then I offered my position as lord to a dingo woman with no name. I just gave her the nickname 'Miana' because the lady of a town can't not have a name. I then offered to have my group, The Bent Band, pay tribute to them to help legitimize her claim. She has a couple hearthpeople now, and the taverns and temples that were empty or razed have been rebuilt. Although, there still aren't any priests or innkeepers, but one thing at a time I guess.

I also murdered a goblin who would freak out every time I talked to him at the keep (after he ran off into the streets where nobody would see it of course! Can't get a reputation for murder.) and an elf living alone in a cabin after telling him about my killing a bunch of amphibian people bandits in the sewers. He decided I was a murderer, and I can't have him running his mouth.

So I've just done the same for a paklaran hamlet nearby. I asked everyone to become my hearthspersons then made the last one lady of the hamlet. The League of Birds does not feel challenged at all.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:16:27 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1104