Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102123 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10830 on: February 23, 2016, 10:43:42 pm »

Oh that is strange. Unless [SYN_CONTACT] is failing to go off because your desired target has clothes on. o.O
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: February 23, 2016, 11:03:22 pm »

Oh that is strange. Unless [SYN_CONTACT] is failing to go off because your desired target has clothes on. o.O

Aye, that be me problem. Just have to now find the right companion to recruit.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: February 23, 2016, 11:12:51 pm »

Aye, that be me problem. Just have to now find the right companion to recruit.

So know you have to convince them to join you, get them naked, then convert them. This is getting into some shenanigans.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: February 23, 2016, 11:53:56 pm »

you could just have it set up that you make an interaction where you consume the stuff then get them to drink it.
no need to strip the folk just give them a cup of weird toxic goo you produce via Mist or vapor or glob that way you can pick up the stuff and store it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: February 24, 2016, 12:05:56 am »

I made a new world and started a new adventure as a goblin that has an intense need to fight, I decided to do a mix of knives and fisting for combat, I started beating up people to get my skill up and I'd pinch their tongues off when they passed out, a little over a dozen people got beat up and lost their tongues. I apparently became an enemy of this hamlet, not sure if its the beating people up and cutting off their tongues or that I punched a soldier, either way I decided to hang around and beat more people up and make them drop their pouches and collect them, I eventually plan on killing a giant that lives nearby, should be fun punching it to death. Maybe I'll take control of this hamlet and beat up the people here to pass time and increase my skill.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: February 24, 2016, 12:11:00 am »

you could just have it set up that you make an interaction where you consume the stuff then get them to drink it.
no need to strip the folk just give them a cup of weird toxic goo you produce via Mist or vapor or glob that way you can pick up the stuff and store it.

Ah, but it's more insidious to require nudity first. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: February 24, 2016, 01:14:14 am »

Ah, but it's more insidious to require nudity first. o3o

I've found a big problem though: transformed dwarves for example especially if they're skinny/slim or fat they move incredibly slow as a drogoth. Just means adding a few more lines to have a few fixed attribute points I guess but for now I'm taking a break from my Drogoths and move on to mod a standalone kobold!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: February 24, 2016, 01:28:16 am »

Hmm, very odd. Could add a speed boost to it, maybe. o.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: February 24, 2016, 01:41:28 am »

So I started off for my next target when I spotted a * moving away from town. I followed it, and this is what I found:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A single human spearman and a pair each of tame horses and pigs. This is several miles from the edge of town now, so these tame animals almost certainly followed this guy out here. I have no idea what they're actually doing. Nobody's walking anywhere, the spearman, who is apparently a scout or ranger, wont say anything beyond that it's an important mission. I'd suspect he's a bandit and he stole them, but he's actually wearing a helm emblazoned with the seal of our civilization, which makes me think he's still a civ member.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: February 24, 2016, 02:04:36 am »

Hmm, very odd. Could add a speed boost to it, maybe. o.o

Could be the fact that due to heavy mods to my custom demon race it can only function as heavily muscular race but I have tried a thin version of a similar setup on dingoths and that didn't walk slow at all. Maybe when I transform a random companion they happen to be either hungry or thirsty or drowsy or tired or just a bit stunned or whatever.. or it is some sort of bug/conflict with something. Needs more testing another day to see what happens when I turn a dwarf into a default tiger man and see if the walking pace is just as horrid.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: February 24, 2016, 02:04:37 am »

So I started off for my next target when I spotted a * moving away from town. I followed it, and this is what I found:A single human spearman and a pair each of tame horses and pigs. This is several miles from the edge of town now, so these tame animals almost certainly followed this guy out here. I have no idea what they're actually doing. Nobody's walking anywhere, the spearman, who is apparently a scout or ranger, wont say anything beyond that it's an important mission. I'd suspect he's a bandit and he stole them, but he's actually wearing a helm emblazoned with the seal of our civilization, which makes me think he's still a civ member.

maybe he stole the hat too
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:06:45 am by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: February 24, 2016, 02:06:49 am »

Could be the fact that due to heavy mods to my custom demon race it can only function as heavily muscular race but I have tried a thin version of a similar setup on dingoths and that didn't walk slow at all. Maybe when I transform a random companion they happen to be either hungry or thirsty or drowsy or tired or just a bit stunned or whatever.. or it is some sort of bug/conflict with something. Needs more testing another day to see what happens when I turn a dwarf into a default tiger man and see if the walking pace is just as horrid.

Very peculiar, yeah. Not sure what to suggest for that, then. On the plus side, this inspired me to change essence of renewal into essence of transmutation. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: February 24, 2016, 02:44:46 am »

Very peculiar, yeah. Not sure what to suggest for that, then. On the plus side, this inspired me to change essence of renewal into essence of transmutation. o3o

Brilliant! One spit to turn you into another race and one spit for that race to turn yourself back = lost limb renewal?! :o Mwhaha! I won't need to be impervious to damage if I can do that!

Anyway, just finished setting up my customized kobold (called it Kobolth for its uncanny rock-like toughness). Now to test the tiger man thing with dwarves and then move back to Kobolths

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: February 24, 2016, 03:03:27 am »

Brilliant! One spit to turn you into another race and one spit for that race to turn yourself back = lost limb renewal?! :o Mwhaha! I won't need to be impervious to damage if I can do that!

Anyway, just finished setting up my customized kobold (called it Kobolth for its uncanny rock-like toughness). Now to test the tiger man thing with dwarves and then move back to Kobolths
uhh unless you set up an end transformation for that race, THAT doesn't work. I thought that would fix my dwarf turning into cats issue by having cats having the interaction to turn into dwarves.
what ended up happening is dwarfs as cats could NOT turn back into dwarves, while cats as dwarves could not turn back into cats, this lead to children of these transformed creatures getting a free transformation.
so parents of dwarves that were once cats will give birth to a dwarf who turns into a cat and vice versa.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: February 24, 2016, 03:14:41 am »

uhh unless you set up an end transformation for that race, THAT doesn't work. I thought that would fix my dwarf turning into cats issue by having cats having the interaction to turn into dwarves.
what ended up happening is dwarfs as cats could NOT turn back into dwarves, while cats as dwarves could not turn back into cats, this lead to children of these transformed creatures getting a free transformation.
so parents of dwarves that were once cats will give birth to a dwarf who turns into a cat and vice versa.

Yikes, was just looking at the werewolf raws (to see alternatives) and considering making that thing toggle at will.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1104